Marriage

The Bucket List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"She's fine. She just got overstressed. Please advise her to take it easy to avoid from this to keep happening. But I suggest for her to stay here for a while to give her rest and at the same time we can monitor her condition."

 

"Doctor, is my daughter... Sick?" Mrs. Im couldn't help it. She always felt like there's something with her.

 

"Oh, haven’t she mentioned about her tumor?" The Doctor got confused. He thought his patient's family have already shared it.

 

Mrs. Im shakes her head. "So... She's..." Her heart is breaking and she barely could believe it. Her lively daughtet who is always a health freak since she was young is apparently sick. "Tumor... Where?" But she wanted more details despite how it hurts.

 

"She has a tumor on her brain. Brain cancer in other words. This is why she's been having headaches and sometimes seizures." The Doctor said. "I'm sorry to deliver this news to you instead.

 

Mrs. Im almost couldn't take it when she suddenly felt dizzy. Good thing she hold into the edge of the table as she processes the news. As seconds passes, her chest got heavier and her tears are now falling. " Andwae." She wails as everything that had been happening make sense. From saying how much she love her to spending money for the family. It was all because her daughter is making most of her time. It hurts to know but it's more painful to imagine how much pain her daughter is enduring because of it. "Yoona, my dear Yoona." She sobs even harder. "My little Yoona doesn't deserve this."

 

The Doctor hastily rushed to her side and comforted her.

 

Meanwhile, Tiffany and Grandma are almost the same as her, taking the news in a hard way. Both are silently crying outside the office.

 

 

:::

 

 

Seohyun woke up in the middle of night just to find the rest are sleeping on the sofa. She hasn't talked to them since Yoona got confined. But she knows the doctors has already told about Yoona's condition. She slowly got up and walked to the doe-eyed lying on her bed, sleeping soundlessly. She smiled, a little bitter because she knows she's one of the reason her seizure attacked her.

 

Taking her hand slowly, she gently holds her and rubs her gently. "I'm sorry, Yoona. I'm really so sorry. But I hope you consider getting the surgery. I know you want to live more and it's the only way even though it's not yet sure you'll fully recover. But at least you won't give up right? Please don't. Please. Because I don't want to give up on you also." She sniffs and hastily wipes her tears that fall from her eyes. She hangs her head low as she silently cries, holding her girlfriend's hand as if her life depends on her.

 

Yoona who gained consciousness a couple of minutes ago is just quietly listening to the younger girl's cries. But it somehow gives her realization; she's sick but it doesn't mean there's no reason to fight anymore. The cancer is just a way for the Lord to see how far can she in this battle.

 

 

:::

 

(three days later...)

 

 

'What I really hate about sharing my condition is when people around you don’t look happy anymore unlike when they're not aware. I couldn't deny it anymore however, they know and there's nothing I can do. Aish, I just hope they won't be like this, totally quiet and only Woojin's phone is making noise while he's playing a game next to me.' Yoona thought, feeling uncomfortable with the dead silence in the car as they head back to the city. Seohyun is driving instead of her since she just got discharged from the hospital. "Alright, I know you guys are worried about me but you really don't have to anymore. I'm... I'm taking the surgery."

 

Everyone except Seohyun turned their heads towards her with their hopeful eyes. Seohyun who is silent on her seat is happy to hear it.

 

"Chincha?" Mrs. Im and Tiffany chorused.

 

"Yes, It's true. I'm going to talk to my Doctor in Canada so this will be over. I'm sorry though, I didn't mention about this but it's because... I don't want you guys to get worry about me or... be sad. It's uncomfortable. So please, smile. I'm still here, okay? And I promise I won't give up. I will do my best to fight this battle but... I need your support." Yoona smiled, full of hope.

 

"You don't have to ask that." Tiffany said as a matter of fact, she reached for her sister's hand and give it a warm squeeze, earning her sweet and warm smile.

 

"We are always here, you know that." Grandma added, rubbing her grandchild's arm and kissed her cheek. "We're your family after all."

 

"And we won't give up also on you. It's our battle not just only you." Seohyun said as she sweetly smiles to her girlfriend through the mirror.

 

"Aigoo, our Yoona." Mrs. Im said as she side hug her daughter but her in-law on the opposite side pulled her close to her. "Aish, she's my daughter!"

 

"She's my granddaughter!"

 

"But I am-"

 

"Stop it." Yoona interupted them before they could childishly end up fighting over her. "I'm overwhelmed with this and I'm grateful. I love you-I love you guys." She couldn't help and tear up which cause for her mother and grandma to hug her immediately.

 

'I'm so proud of you, Yoongie.' Seohyun as her eyes are also watery. Tiffany is quiet yet has the same thought as her.

 

 

:::

 

 

'But what is good that they knew, I got closer with them. Closer means, sleeping in one bed with my family every night. It feels like we're in a small house, squeeze in one bed. But I've never felt this love before. Every night is memorable. It's something that I'm always thankful and couldn't trade for. My family will forever be my treasure.'

 

"Where are you going?" Mrs. Im asks her daughter when she noticed she's leaving the bed.

 

"Just going to get a glass of water." Yoona replied. "Go to sleep Omma."

 

"You too." Mrs. Im told her daughter before she lied down.

 

Heading out of the bedroom, Yoona gently closes the door and almost loses her balance when she saw who is standing by the stairs with a beauty face mask on her face. "Wha-what are you doing there?" It's her girlfriend.

 

"Couldn't sleep yet. What about you? It's the fourth day you are sleeping with your family." Seohyun said as she teasingly smiled. She sat down to one of the steps and patted the space next to her.

 

"Wae? Are you jealous?" Yoona took her seat and pinched her girlfriend's cheeks. Indeed, it's the fourth night she hasn't sleep with her girlfriend.

 

"I'm just happy for you and that you are doing this to yourself. I thought you will keep on your stubborn decisions. Please keep this up, okay?" Seohyun softly says, she scooted closer and wrap her arms on her girlfriend's arm before resting her head on her shoulder. "I'm... also a bit jealous because I miss sleeping next to you." she pouted cutely in the process.

 

Yoona ruffles her girlfriend's hair a little. "No worries, we will sleep together soon. I'm just making this up for my family as well. But you know what? I realize how important family is. I thought I can handle this on my own but I was wrong all along. I couldn't do this on my own without you guys, your support is giving me strength and encouragement." she ended it with a sweet kiss on her forehead.

 

"I wouldn't be surprise if your tumor will just naturally disappear with the way you are thinking right now."

 

"I hope so." Yoona chuckles.

 

Seohyun looked up to her. "So when are we going to get married?" She flashes a bright smile, reminding her proposal last week.

 

Blink and blink, Yoona thought for a moment before she answered, "Do you want to register our marriage first before a wedding ceremony?" Or rather, she's asking for her opinion.

 

"Chincha? I wouldn't mind!" Seohyun just brightens. "But should we tell your family?"

 

"We'll definitely do."

 

"Kyaaa!!! I'm excited Yoongie!" Seohyun couldn't hold back and she throw her arms around her girlfriend's neck and wiggles them. "I'm super-duper excited! I want to marry you already tonight."

 

Yoona smiled in amusement. "I wouldn't mind also. But there's no office around this time."

 

"Should we buy outfits for our registration?"

 

"That would be a great idea."

 

"Okay. I'll take note on that." Seohyun just couldn't hold back her excitement. She quickly took her phone and searched for good outfits on the internet but she suddenly realized something. "So when?"

 

"Saturday?" Yoona instantly replied but she wasn't sure. "Let's ask for my family's opinion later."

 

"Indeed. Aish, I'm totally so thrilled now." Seohyun smiled and stares at her girlfriend lovingly. She gently kissed her and whisper, "I love you."

 

Yoona is fluttered. "I love you too." She kissed her lips back and they both giggles.

 

"Wait. Can't you go back to your family? I mean, just for tonight?" Seohyun asks a favor and pouted cutely, hoping she will grant her request.

 

"In one condition." Yoona grinned as she thought of something.

 

"What?"

 

Leaning in to capture her lips again, Yoona whispers, "We haven't done it."

 

Seohyun blinks so many times as her cheeks are burning that instant. "But your family is just next door."

 

"Don't scream then."

 

"This is going to be our first time; I doubt I could take it."

 

Yoona sighs in defeat. "Fine. Let's just cuddle."

 

"Wait." Seohyun got her girlfriend's arm which cause her to look at her back. She bit lip as she got hesitant to say what's in her mind. "But... I'll do my best not to... disturb anyone." She began to feel nervous.

 

Yoona's smile returned. She gently kisses her girlfriend again and this time, Seohyun responded with slow pace, matching hers as they take time exploring each other's mouth that's causing them breathless and moans are everywhere.

 

"Don't worry, I'll be gentle." The doe-eyed reassured before she lifted her up and Seohyun hold into her neck. She brought them to her bedroom and made sure to lock the door before they resume what they have left.

 

Reaching the bed, Yoona gently put her lover down to the bed without breaking their heated kiss.

 

"Yoona." Seohyun suddenly stopped her. "This is your first time too, right?" She asks while catching her breath.

 

"Yes." Yoona nodded and once again kiss her.

 

Seohyun's hands are running around her back and head. Shhe's feeling hot with the way Yoona is touch her skin and teasing her down there. "Ahh... Yoona..." She wanted to get rid of it already. As if the deer knows her mind, she stopped only to disregard her shirt and throw it somewhere across the room. She then helps her with her shirt and immediately they found their lips once again and soon, she found herself controlling her moans and scream as the deer finally moved down to her chest, and massaging them like there's no tomorrow. Her head keeps throwing at the back as she held Yoona's head, to keep her going. It feels so good and she doesn't want her to stop until she says so.

 

After a while, Yoona moved down and she easily pulled down both of her pajama pants and underwear. She's looking as Seohyun while she's kissing traveling her kisses from her legs up to her legs and each of her kisses is sending Seohyun to heaven. Until when she reached her target, she asked her permission first before she dive down to her.

 

"YOOOONAAAAAAAA!!!!" Seohyun scream against the pillow.

 

Each second’s passes are totally mind blowing. They both are inexperienced but they know what their body wants. They know what they need.

 

Heavy breaths, moans, skin to skin slapping and muffled scream filled the entire room as two girls finally made love all night long.

 

 

:::

 

 

It feels like she slept for more than 8 hours. But it's still early at 8am. Seohyun can smell something good from somewhere that she hurried to gain her full vision back. But as she saw what was the smell, she doesn't know what's inside the covered plates on top of the coffee table. She got out of bed and lowered herself to take the cover on the side. Her eyes lit up to see her favorite pasta. She opened the others and was met by more dish she really loves.

 

"Someone woke up so early again." She smiled like a fool as she took the small envelope. She took the card from the inside and a letter greeted her eyes.

 

The first time I lend my eyes on you, I know there's something that I want to know you. So when we got friends, I was the happiest high schooler coz I haven't made friends with someone who will look at me as if I did something wrong. Some would be hesitant but you weren't although I annoyed you the first time. Hehe.

 

But the more I know you the more I fell for you. I tried to stop it of course because I know we are friends and you might think I was taking advantage. Thus, love can't be dictated. I fell even deeper for you and I confessed which I never regretted even though you friend-zoned me. To tell you, it was hard for me to stop myself from loving you but it was harder when I always see you and sometimes with some boys or girls that I know have a crush on you.

 

So when we go to different paths after high school, I started to distract myself from you and eventually I forgot my feelings for you. Fate must be playing with us that we meet again. And that feelings for you suddenly returned or hasn't been there? Either way, I'm so happy that I meet you again... And now, my girlfriend. You don't have any idea how many times I wished for this to come true. I think I broke the Guinness book of world record.

 

If there's one thing I want to wish again, it's for us to have more years together. I believe we can do it if we will always be in each other's side.

 

I love you baby. I hope you love the breakfast.

 

Yoona, yours only.

 

Seohyun finally realized her tears are dropping. The letter is just too sweet that she was feeling every word of it and didn't notice she had been shedding tears. "How can she make a letter this early?" She's impressed but at the same time totally moved. If she can grade her, she'll give her 100 with flying colors.

 

Moments later, Yoona entered the room with a bouquet of flowers. She covered her face with it as she approached.

 

"Aish, you already gave me flowers yesterday, the day before and four days ago." Seohyun said with a disbelief look on the doe-eyed but she smiles sweetly as soon as she put the flowers down and give it to her. "Are you planning to make me a garden?"

 

"Why not? You love flowers." Yoona said as a matter of fact. "And this." She surprised her with a velvet box in front of her.

 

Seohyun widened her eyes. "No way!"

 

Yoona just smile.

 

The door suddenly opens and everyone congratulated them. "Congratulations, Seohyun!" Tiffany especially throw a confetti and Mrs. Im holds a cake which has a te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter