Favor

The Bucket List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Miss, do you have extra pen?"

 

Seohyun sighs as she took her extra pen from her small pouch and handed it to the student behind her without taking her eyes off of to the teacher who is apparently discussing their new lesson.

 

"Thanks." Yoona took it and as she tried to write down what's on the board, it's not working. She pokes on the girl's back again "Do you have another pen? It's not working." She told her without hesitation.

 

"Aish." Seohyun quietly rolled her eyes and took another pen. This time she tried it on her paper and when it worked, she handed it again to the student behind.

 

"Thanks." Again, Yoona said her thanks and finally, the pen worked. But the color is red which made her a bit uncomfortable. "Do you have a black pen?"

 

"Seriously." Seohyun keep her annoyance at bay as she took the extra black pen she had and handed a small piece of paper rather to the student behind.

 

Go buy your own pen, Moron!

 

Yoona frowned upon reading the message. She was about to talked to her when the bell rang and everyone got on their seats and began leaving the classroom including the unknown classmate of her. "Aish!" She hastily gather her things and chases the girl outside. "Yah! You-your pen!" The hallway is crowded but she was able to follow her until she reached the school's theater.

 

Slowly, she opened the door where she disappeared and peeked inside just to see the girl is talking with three more girls. They seemed to be part of the theater.

 

Yoona walked in quietly and stopped on her tracks when the same girl caught her. She hastily took her pen from her bag and showed it. "I'm here to give your two pens earlier." She said with a grin on her face.

 

"Who is she, Hyun?" Hyomin asks looking at the intruder.

 

"Is she your classmate too?" Ara added as she crossed her arms and raises her eyebrows.

 

"She is. But I don't know her." Seohyun replied as she approached the doe-eyed to get the pen.

 

"I'm Yoona." Introduced Yoona extending her hand once the other girl stopped in front of her.

 

"Oh, the daughter of that nurse." Hyomin shared when she remembers the middle-aged man nurse who would always visit their school clinic. "You are, right?"

 

Yoona nodded with a shy smile.

 

"Seohyun." Taking the pen back, Seohyun just turned around and returned with her friends.

 

"Why don't you join us?" Hyomin asks so loud when the doe-eyed was about to leave.

 

"Me?" Yoona pointed herself to make sure.

 

"Why would you ask that, Hyomin-ah?" Seohyun doesn't like the idea.

 

"It was you who mentioned earlier that we need a new recruit to our team. I think she'll be good." Hyomin flashes a bright smile earning rolling of eyes from the younger girl.

 

"Do you know how to dance, act and sing?" Ara asks this time.

 

Yoona blink and blink and nodded as she confidently smiles. "I can do all of it."

 

"Then welcome to the theater club." Hyomin announced which made Ara to jogs towards the deer and handed the paper.

 

Yoona looked at the piece of paper and smile a little. "Thank you." Before she knows it, Ara grabs her arm and drags her to join the others.

 

"I'm Hyomin."

 

"Ara."

 

"Sunny." All three girls introduced themselves one by one.

 

Seohyun sighs and smiled finally as she extended her hand to welcome the new member of the club as well. "Let's work well together."

 

"Absolutely." A big smile appears in Yoona's face as she shakes hands with the same girl she had encountered earlier.

 

 

:::

 

 

"I can't believe it's a small world." Mumbles Yoona while she's sitting next to her sister.

 

"She's a friend, right? Then why aren't you out there? You should catch up with her." Tiffany suggested realizing her sister had been glued in the sofa, sitting next to her. She looked like she's afraid to see her. "Are you... Afraid of her?"

 

Yoona chuckled nervously. "Silly. Why would I?"

 

"Then why are you here?"

 

"Yah, the last time I remember you're teaching me the keyboard."

 

Tiffany shakes her head in disbelief. "You're making an excuse. But I call it a day for now. You are free to do whatever you want." She gets up and left her sister to join the others in the living room.

 

Yoona heavily sighs. "Aish." She slowly gets up and went out of the room but just by the stairs, she stopped and quickly hide behind the wall when she heard Seohyun's laugh. "She really gets along with my family."

 

"Yoona, what are you doing here?"

 

She jumped in surprised upon hearing her mother's voice which quickly made her turn to face her. "O-Omma... I thought you're downstairs?"

 

"I was... earlier. But I left to get this jenga. Come on, let's have some fun." Without waiting for her reaction, Mrs. Im throws her arm around her daughter's neck and drags her along with her as she went downstairs.

 

"W-Wait, Omma. I-I need to-"

 

"No excuses, Im Yoona." She didn't let her daughter slips away until they reached the living room. She pushed her daughter down to the floor, making her seat next to Seohyun.

 

Yoona looked down on her lap, couldn't face the girl next to her.

 

"Let's play some jenga!" Mrs. Im announced, taking a seat across them as she placed the jinga down, in the center.

 

"Aish, I better win this time." Tiffany reacted, stretching arms and moved her head around.

 

"No, I'm still winning." Grandma Im said as she copies her granddaughter's movement.

 

Seohyun was about to response as well when Yoona suddenly raise her hand.

 

"Wae?" Mrs. Im raises her eyebrows.

 

"Can I pass for this? I'm not good-"

 

"Who told you you're not good?" Tiffany interrupted her younger sister. "Yah, you always beat me with this." She stated as a matter of fact.

 

"Let's go for two teams then. Seohyun and Yoona for team one and me, tiffany and halmoni for team two." Mrs. Im didn't even miss a beat and she made a decision that cause Grandma Im to groan in complaints for being with Tiffany in one team.

 

"That's a great idea, Mrs. Im." Seohyun agreed without a doubt. She smiled to Yoona brightly but the latter didn't even smile.

 

"I have no choice then." said Yoona as she sighs in defeat.

 

"Great! Let's do this!" Mrs. Im grabs a coin from her pocket. "Head team one and tail is team two." She added, tossing the coin in the air and caught it as it falls. Everyone's is on her hand as she slowly opened it.

 

"Well, Yoona's lucky as always." Grandma Im smiles as she looked at her daughter after the coin reveals head.

 

"And she just returned so it's a given." Tiffany added giggling.

 

Yoona smiled a little only. But it disappears as she turned to Seohyun. "You-yo first." she lowly told her.

 

Just a little smile, Seohyun bend down as she gets closer to the blocks and slowly pulled out her first jenga. Everyone is quiet and watching her until she was able to get one.

 

"Yay, my turn." Without waiting for a second, Tiffany moved forward but only to be slapped by their grandma. "What?!"

 

"My turn first." Grandma Im said and pushed her granddaughter on the side. Yoona, Seohyun and Mrs. Im giggles as they watch her.

 

"Aish, you won't get it successfully." Mumbles Tiffany, doesn't feel confident with their grandma. But the moment she took it out successfully, the latter smack her head. She just rubs her head and glared at the oldest woman in the house.

 

Yoona took a deep breath as she takes her turn on the game. But as she lifted her right hand and ready to get the piece of jenga, she noticed how her fingers are shaking. She looked around and no one noticed so she pulled her hand back and pretended to check on the other side as she takes her time to relax. Being near with Seohyun is definitely not helping her.

 

After two minutes, she finally lifted her hand back and she took one piece successfully.

 

"Tsk, what's taking some time?" Tiffany shakes her head as she takes her turn. Suddenly, her phone vibrates on her lap, causing her to jump in surprise and breaking the tower.

 

"Yay! We win!" Seohyun chanted brightly earning groans from the other team and just a little smile from Yoona which made her pull her hand down and awkwardly smile.

 

They continued the game for the next two hours with Team One being the winner and loser has to prepare for lunch and the winning team wait for it in the living room.

 

"They haven't talked, or what?" Tiffany could see it from the kitchen, her sister is sitting at the near end of the sofa while Seohyun is in the middle. Both are watching the TV in silence.

 

"Aigoo, has Yoona loses her confidence? I thought she easily got into a hospital because of her pleasing personality?" Grandma Im is sure something is going on with her grandchild, knowing her well.

 

"I bet she has history with Seohyun, grandma. You noticed? The moment Yoona appeared, she got quite unlike when she's not present. She looks so lively and making jokes with you." Tiffany shares her theory while chopping the carrots and glancing to the two ladies from the living room.

 

"Aigoo, kids these days." Grandma Im shakes her head.

 

Mrs. Im who was busy on the pan, glances to the living room as well. She squinted her eyes especially to her daughter who she just realized is stealing glances to Seohyun. 'I wonder what happened with their high school and they seemed too quiet?' It's suddenly got her curious but at the same time, worried for the two.

 

 

:::

 

"Go out you two there and do the grocery."

 

Yoona almost dropped her fork when she heard her mother's voice. "Omma, wae?" She asks in disbelief but her mother handed her the credit card already.

 

"I and your sister and going to have some jogging around the neighborhood." Mrs. Im replied rather and with that said, she left Tiffany. "Your grandma by the way, wake her up before supper when you returned first." She however almost forgot and she shouted before stepping into the car and drives off of the Im residence.

 

"I'm sorry." Seohyun apologize. "Should have left before they do."

 

"You don't have to." Yoona bluntly replied. "Let's just do this." She got up and faces her.

 

"Where?" Seohyun looked up to her.

 

"Just nearby. There's a supermarket nearby." Yoona was about to head out when Seohyun stopped her.

 

"There's no more supermarket in the neighborhood. We have to go by bus if we are going to a supermarket." Seohyun said as a matter of fact.

 

Yoona nodded. "I see." As she chuckled awkwardly. "Indeed, I've been away for years."

 

"Yoona, I swear I have no idea you are the youngest child of Mrs. Im. Although she sometimes mentioned she has a daughter living in Canada but she never mentioned your name. If I know, I wouldn't have continued being friends with her." Seohyun explained feeling like she needed to.

 

"My mom would be disappointed if you suddenly stopped though. I don't mind." Yoona softly replied. "Let's go." She then heads out to lead her.

 

Catching up with the doe-eyed, Seohyun walked with the older one side by side. "I'm really happy to see you back Yoona. I hope you will stay-"

 

"I'm only here for a month." Interrupted Yoona

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter