Chapter 4

Where Love was Found

Kim Taehyung
Surprise!

'Why are we alive?' This was a question I was thinking about last night very deeply. Why was I even here? What was the purpose of me living? My parents passed away in the blink of an eye. My life turned upside down in a blink of an eye. Everything happened in a blink of an eye. So why? Who was cruel enough to let all this misfortune befell me? It hurt. It hurt not because knowing how the world was against me, but because knowing that the world did not even care at all about me.

"Have you found a job?" asked my uncle through the other side of the call.

"Yeah. I'll start working tomorrow," I replied.

"Good. Finally, you're no longer a burden. Work hard so you can finally pay for your own bills."

Yeah, such a great and loving uncle.

"Where are you working at? Perhaps are you working at Min Entertainment?"

My heart skipped a beat. How did he know I would be working for Min Entertainment? He might have guessed, I should stop thinking too much about it, I thought.

"Yeess, what's wrong?"

"Good, I'm going to meet you tomorrow night. You'd better be in your apartment cause I'm bringing an old friend with me."

"What? What do you mea-"

He hung up the phone. Great.

I threw my phone to my bed and walked to my bathroom to take a bath. It was a long day, with the weird stranger, Min Yoongi and my kind uncle. It was a dreadfully long and tiring day.

As I stepped into my bathroom, I wasn't paying attention to the humidity of that room. The floor was wet and slippery but there was no way a grown adult like me would slip and fall and slam my own head to the bathtub right in front of me, right? Nope, there was a way indeed. I ing slipped, fell, and slammed my head on the tub. Horray!

"Argh, ouchie," I groaned and whined from the extreme pain I was feeling. I reached my hand to check the condition of my head and I felt a liquidy substance.

It was blood.

Why? I just wanted to take a bath, wanted to leave everything behind for just half an hour, wanted to destress. Who should I blame for this misfortune? Why couldn't I blame myself for it and trying so hard to find someone else to blame when actually it was no one's fault?

Everything was so overwhelming to me. The pain, the sadness, the anger, the guilt, the loneliness, various kinds of emotion surged within me. Maybe because of this reason, I weeped. I weeped so hard there was no way the neighbour did not hear me.

"Why? I hate my life!"

I knew I was being a dramatic again. There were people out there who got it worse than I did. Who had a worse day than me. But here I was, kept weeping and weeping, hoping that someone would come and hug me and tell me that everything was going to be fine.

My head was throbbing, it needed to be bandaged. Fortunately I have not yet taken off my clothes. So I walked out of the bathroom, very carefully now not wanting to fall for a second time, and looked for a bandage in my first aid kit. Going to a hospital might not be difficult since it was not that far away from my apartment, but I still refused to go. There were several reasons why I disliked hospital: 
The first reason being the death of my parents. I woke up in the hospital when they said my parents have passed away. So I subconsciously connected hospital to bad news. The second reason being the loneliness. I don't want to feel lonely in the hospital.

So I bandaged my own head without so much care about it, because if there was wound, it would close up anyway. Right?

I was wrong when I said it wouldn't matter, because my head would not stop throbbing no matter what I did. It got to the point that even bath could not be as relaxing anymore. It was that bad.

"This is crazy, can I take a day off for tomorrow?" I talked to myself. This was a habit that came out when I was alone. I was laying in my bed trying to sleep but it just did not come to me. I was really tempted to not come tomorrow, but I did not want to leave a bad impression, so I would ask my boss first.

I took my phone from the countertop next to my bed where my table lamp was and dialled Jungkook. I might not have Yoongi's number but I have his number.

"Hey Jeon. It's me Kim the new recruit. Remember? We talked just now," I said.

"Oh hello Kim, what can I help you?" he asked.

"Can I get boss' phone number? I kinda
need it," I said, unsure whether he would give the number since I have not even started working yet.

"Oh, sure. I'll text you the number," he said; surprisingly.

"Okay thank you so much man."

"No problem."

I received a text soon after and without wasting so much time, I called for Min Yoongi. I indirectly implied that I would like to be absent tomorrow, but immediately he dismissed my suggestion. I was a fool to even suggested it, it was my first day of work, how could I not come?

"See you tomorrow boss," I said, trying to be as possitive as possible. I quickly hung up the phone, not wanting to hear him tease me any longer.

My life .

I closed my eyes and tried to empty my mind. Thinking would only hurt my head more. I closed my eyes and I tried to take a short nap in my bath.

***

I ended up coming to work. My head was still throbbing and hurt. I took off my , cleaned my wound, and put on a new around my head. I did put antiseptic but I did not know whether it would help or not.

"Hey, what's your name?" I heard someone asked from the desk across me.

"I'm Kim Taehyung," I said.

"Oh hello, my name is Jimin," said Jimin as he held out his hand for me to shake.

"Nice to meet you," I said shaking his hand.

"Nice beret hat you have," he complimented.

With reflect I touched my baret head and make sure that he did not see my or any of my wound.

"Yeah, thanks. You're also wearing such a nice shirt!" I was begining to love this guy, he was so fun and his eye smile was so cute.

"Thanks."

I heard someone entering the room and looked behind.

"Good morning," Jungkook came in with three cups of coffee in his hand and with a big smile on his face. "I got coffee for all of you."

I was happy for a moment and was about to thank him when I felt my head throbbed yet again. Would it be good for my head injury? Maybe I shouldn't drink it first, I thought.

"I texted Jungkook moments ago to bring us coffee. You look like you need it," Jimin told me.

"Oh but, I'm sorry I don't really feel like drinking coffee today," I said with regret, while hoping none of them was offended.

"Oh really? Well, that's okay. I can always give it to Namjoon hyung and hyung won't have to buy coffee for the boss again," said Jungkook.

"Yeah maybe you can give it to Namjoon only," I said.

"Okay." He walked to his desk right next to me, put down his jacket and bag, and walked out to Namjoon hyung and Yoongi's office.

Jimin and I talked for a little while. We exchanged ideas about video editting and audio input. It was fun, he had many interesting ideas that I wished I could put to work as soon as possible.

Jungkook came back in after more or less fifteen minutes and sat next to me.

"Hey, boss is extra grumpy today, I think. Please be careful, you do not want to make him angry," he whispered to both Jimin and I.

"Why the should we be careful? Why the was he be grumpy anyways? Why should he take it on us whenever he has bad days?"

Both of them were surprised to see how angry I was. Even I was surprised at how angry I was. Maybe because of this throbbing pain in my head.

"Well, we don't know. But boss has always been like that, so it's normal for us. He's not half bad you know, sometimes he would treat all of us dinner, especially after finsihing a long and complicated project," said Jungkook.

"Yeah, he's your boss. The best boss ever," I said sarcastically.

"What's wrong with you Taehyung, he's your boss too," said Jimin, annoyance layered his voice.

"I know, I'm sorry," I quickly appologised, not wanting any problem for my first day.

Namjoon entered our office so abruptly and called out for Jimin and Jungkook.

"Hey, go to the meeting room. The meeting's about to start," he said.

Jimin stood and walked out with a bunch of folders and paperworks. While Jungkook brought with him a laptop. I continued edditing Jackson's music video with a throbbing pain in my head.

I had been editting for a while when I heard someone called my name and greeted me. It was the bastard Min Yoongi. I turned around and bowed to him as a greeting. My head at this point was hurting so badly that I could not hear a thing he said because I was too focused on the pain.

"Work... slack around..." his words were unclear but I could make out some.

"Am not," I mumbled, because I was assuming that he told me not to slack off or something.

Slowly I could feel my conscious leaving me. Yoongi looked worried, he should not be, I was just another employee to him. Soon after, darkness enveloped me and I shut down.

***

White ceiling and alcoholic smell were the first things I noticed when I opened my eyes. I was in the hospital. Who brought me here? My head was not even as painful anymore.

I noticed a presence right next to me but I refused to turn and looked at whoever it was. Shame was slowly creeping up on me. How weak and pathetic I must have looked like.

"How are you?" I heard that guy asked me. Thankfully he was not Yoongi, so I turned to look at him. Namjoon hyung was sitting next to me, holding my hand. I did not even realised he was holding my hand.

"I was so worried for you when you fainted, why didn't you go to the hospital right away? You bumped your head pretty badly you know," he said. His voice was so gentle, his touch was so gentle. I knew immediately I would break down if he continued looking at me so gently.

"It's okay," I said turning my head away from him.

He was still holding my hand and I did not have any plan to let him go soon.

"Yoongi was also freaking out. It was my first time seeing him this freaked out."

Well, that was a surprise. "He did?" I asked unconvinced.

"Yeah, he did. He was frantically calling me to call the ambulance," said Namjoon.

"So you did not call the ambulance yourself? You should wait for him to instruct you to call an ambulance then you could call the ambulance, is that right hyung?"

Namjoon's eyes opened wider in realisation. It seemed like he has heard the disappointment in my voice.

"Taehyung, I was shocked, what could I do?"

"Lie! Wasn't it because you didn't care about me?" 

I did not even know why I was so angry. I did not even consider whatever he said to be the truth. I was forcing my ideas on him, this was not right. I knew it, but I was so emotional I couldn't stop it.

"Hey! I- I cared. What are you talking about? You're tired, take some rest, take a nap. You don't have to come to work anymore. I'll call Yoongi," he said.

He was about to leave the room but I held his hand tighter. Namjoon flinched and looked at me weirdly. "Let me go Taehyung, I need to attend the meeting," he said.

Oh right the meeting, must have been postponed because of me. I shouldn't burden him anymore, I thought. So, I let him go.

The moment Namjoon stepped out of my hospital room, I let out a long sigh. I'm gonna be very lonely yet again.

***

I was greeted by the warmth of sunset when I woke up. I did not even realise I had drifted to sleep. A nurse came in and informed me that I was stable enough now to check out of the hospital. She came and took off the IV from my hand and walked away.

The sound of my phone ringing startled me, I looked at the caller and it was my uncle. ! I forgot that he would visit my apartment this evening.

"Hello uncle."

"Where are you?" he asked me coldly.

"I'm on my way home," I said refusing to tell him that I was in the hospital. He would not care anyway.

"I'm on my way to the apartment with a friend and your boss, Min Yoongi, you better be there!"

"W-what? My boss Min Yoongi!?" My blood ran cold thinking about several reasons why he would be with my uncle. Did he tell my uncle I was not in the office? Did he tell my uncle I fainted and admitted to a hospital?

"Just come home quick! Don't embarrass me," he said, hanging up the phone.

Immediately, I got down from the bed, took my bag and put on my beret hat and walked out of the hospital.

I took a bus and on my entire way there I was hoping that I would arrive on time. I would arrive before them. So, I could at least tidy up my messy living room and opened the door for them.

As soon as I arrived, I punched in the passcode to my apartment, unlocked the door and went on tidying my living room. I was glad that they have not arrived yet.

Ding Dong.

'Here we go.'

I walked to the door and opened it for them to come in.

"Good evening uncle, good evening sir, good evening boss," I greeted them.

"Good evening Kim Taehyung,  I heard you are my friend's niece, is that right?" a man, presumably my uncle's friend, asked.

"Yes sir, you're right."

"Oh, don't call me sir. Call me Mr.Min, I'm Yoongi's father. Nice to meet you, Kim," said Mr.Min.

I was shocked that Yoongi's father was my uncle's friend. The world was such a small place. Mr.Min held out his hand for me to shake, so I took his hand and shook it.

"Ok, enough of it. Let's get to the living room and discuss," my uncle said.

I noticed Yoongi was frowning the entire time. I had a bad feeling about this.

"So, let's just go straight to the point. Taehyung, I want you to marry your boss Min Yoongi," said my uncle. We were now all sitting in the living room and not even one minute in, this kind uncle of mine has dropped the bomb.

"W-what!? What are you talking about uncle? I can't!"

"Kim, I'm so sorry to say this, but you have to. Our company need a stronger pillar, if you marry to our family than we can build a stronger financial pillar. It's for the business Kim. Don't worry the marriage will only last for one year," said Mr.Min

"Father, can't we just not do this. Why? Our family is going strong," argued Yoongi.

"We're helping a friend here Yoongi-ah, don't be like that my son."

"A friend? So this is to benefit you uncle?" I asked my uncle. I felt myself getting angry again.

"Yeah, do you have a problem with that?" he asked.

It was more a threat than a question. I knew if I were to disagree, he would not hesitate to humiliate me in front of Yoongi. So I hung my head low.

"No, of course no."

Yoongi knew something weird was going on, I could see him tensed up. He glared at my uncle and then me.

"What do you mean no? I don't want to be married to you!" Yoongi's voice raised as he talked.

"Min Yoongi!" yelled his father. "Control your emotion, it's just for one ing year!"

"Whatever," mumbled Yoongi as he looked away.

"Okay, my friend and I would go first. Yoongi, you better stay here and get to know Taehyung more. I don't want you to treat him badly. Do you understand?" asked Mr.Min

"What? I knew him already dad. For your information, he was the piece of !"

Oh no. Yoongi was a jerk. How could he say something like that in front of my uncle. My ty uncle would probably blame me on everything and scold me in private. , he was even looking at me with that stink eyes.

"Oh, he did?" his asked, a growl slipped his mouth.

Yoongi looked at my uncle and was about to say something but he glanced at me first. I did not know how I looked like but maybe I looked scared because Yoongi's expression slowly turned into confusion before he turned his head to look at my furious uncle's face.

"If you dare to talk back to Min Yoongi Taehyung, I w-"

I know I have to cut him before he said something even more stupid.

"I won't. I w-won't uncle."

"Good. Let's go Min," he said as he left with Yoongi's father.

For a while, I was just standing there on my spot. So many emotions were running havoc within me. Sadness, fear, anger, disappointment. I once again was a failure.

"What's wrong with you? Why are you so submissive to your uncle! Fight him back! I don't want to be married to you!" Yoongi yelled at me.

I looked at him with pure anger in my face. This jerk did not even understand how devastated I was with this news too.

"Who wants to marry a jerk like you? I don't have a choice you don't ing understand!"

"Wow, look at you! Yelling at me, your boss! Now you've finally broke your mask huh? How long have you been hiding behind it?"

" you Min Yoongi! you! You have always been so self centered! Only think about yourself!"

"What did you say! You-"

I had enough. The fight would go on and on and there would be no end. I was tired it has been a long day. My head was starting to throb again, I really did not need this. I felt like killing myself.

"Shut up Yoongi! If you don't want the marriage, just kill me! Or do you want me to kill myself? Is that what you want? Cause I can go to the kitchen now, take a knife and slit my throat. ing easy right? No responsibility. You don't even have to witness anything, just go home and I'll do everything myself!"

I yelled as loud as possible, my blood shot straight to my head and made it throbbed again. I opened my eyes which were subconsciously clossed and looked at Yoongi. He was taken aback at what I have said. I waited for him to say something, but he did not. So I turned around and was about to walk to the kitchen when he held my wrist.

"Are you crazy? Are you serious? Is marrying me so bad that you have to go and kill yourself?" he asked.

"I should ask you that question Yoongi, is marrying me so bad that you prefer yelling at me and putting me in so much stress rather than just shutting your mouth up and getting along with it for just one year."

He looked at me, confussion was still in his face.

"But I hate you and you hate me too."

"Yeah, but it's only for one year. You don't have to treat me like a husband or whatever," I said.

"Fine."