Chapter 1

Where Love was Found

KIm Taehyung
A reunion with an old frenemy

I couldn't believe my own eyes. In front of me was the jerk Min Yoongi from high school. The Min Yoongi. What a great life.

"Hello old friend," he said with a proud smirk on. Oh, how much I wished I could smack his smirk out of his face.

"Hello Mr.Min, nice to meet you again," I said with a polite smile. I needed this job, so I thought it was better to stay out of drama. I just wanted to settle down and I just did not care anymore.

"Oh, why so timid Kim? You were literally bitting me in high school?"

Ths ing Yoongi was starting to get into my nerves. But I have always been a great actor, I could act like I have gotten over it.

"Im sorry Mr.Min, I was so childish back then," I said.

Yoongi did not seem like he was satisfied by my answer, maybe because it made him look like the bad and petty guy here. I pushed down the urge to smirk back.

"Well, here I thought we could reminisce how it felt like back in the day. It seems like you've moved on and grown into a better person."

you.

"That's right Mr.Min. I remembered I used to hate you so much. It was a bit petty actually. You just looked grumpy most of the time and I was always happy. So, I thought you were that lame kid who hated other people for being happy. A jerk. But I guess I have passed that state." I tried to hit him back with my statement.

He looked at me quite surprised, but only for a moment before that ugly smirk resurfaced.

"You have always been so artistic in high school, so I'm looking forward to working with you Mr.Kim. Come early to work tomorrow Kim," he said, and we shook hands.

I quickly excused myself and went out of that room. I hope I would not have to interrect with him as much. As soon as I walked out of that room, the air became lighter almost instantly. Maybe I was a bit nervous. I couldn't believe I was nervous. I let out a very loud and audible sigh.

"It's okay dude. There will always be another opportunity and another job."

I looked to my right side and saw a man. He smiled at me so gently and almost apologetically. What on earth? He might have thought I wasn't accepted.

"No dude, I'll start working tomorrow." 
"So what's with the sigh man?" 
"Nothing, I was just nervous a sec ago," I said with a smile on my face. The reason why I hated talking with strangers was the fact that I always have to force my smile out. It is always painful to do that.

"Oh, I get it man. The boss kind of cranky right?"

Wow, gossip right from the start. I didn't want to be engaged in this kind of conversation even before I started working so I just smiled a little and did not comment anything in regard to that statement.

"Oh, my name is Jungkook by the way," he said, reaching out his hand to shake mind.

"Taehyung," I said and shook his hand.

"We'll meet again tomorrow. I bet your seat was right next to mine, because an employee was just fired last week and he sat right next to me," said Jungkook.

What? An employee was fired? I did not know about that. "Do you know why he was fired?" I asked.

Jungkook leaned in and whispered in my ear as if it was a taboo. "He tried flirting with boss. Boss was just so angry and disturbed so he fired him."

Jungkook looked at me and giggled. "What's with that look? You look like you're constipated."

Well, maybe because I was disgusted. How could someone loved a person like him and even risking their job to flirt with him.

"They risk their job to flirt with the boss, can't relate." I said barely audible, but apparently someone heard it.

"What is it that you can't relate? With a face like mine, everyone would like to flirt with me."

, Min Yoongi heard it. Even Jongkook looked panic. I have to handle this situation so it would be beneficial for Jungkook. I caused this anyway.

"You're right Mr.Min, you're undoubtly very charming. But to risk a job is what I can't relate, knowing it is quite hard finding a job nowadays," I said. Trying not to offend him because I needed this job. I felt so humiliated by this.

"Oh, that was wise coming out from you Mr.Kim," he said as he walked pass both of us.

"That was close right Taehyung-shi," asked Jungkook. He was still staring at Yoongi as he whispered right in my ears.

" yeah," I said. He was shocked at my curse word, but soon he smiled widely, because this was a sign that I opened up to him. His smile was so cute, like rabbit.

***

Moonback was packed this morning. It was no wonder since today was Monday. The most stressful day of the week. I wondered what makes Monday so hateful and stressful? Maybe because it's right after Sunday. Or maybe the thought of needing to repeat the same ing routine for another six days? But Monday has always been so hateful and stressful.

I was queuing up for my favorite hot chocolate. A little sweetness early in the morning would freshen up my day. I was actually quiete a sweet tooth and love to be pampered like a baby. I remembered Jin would always pat my head and gave my lips a peck everytime I do something wonderful. His peck won't mean anything to me since we are always doing that to each other since when we were kids.

"What is your order sir?"

"A cup of hot chocolate and a strawberry short cake by the name of Taetae, please," I said. It felt really good saying that. I made sure I emphasized the please because that made me felt even better.

"Hehe cute," I heard someone behind me mumbled. I turned around and I saw a man, he had a black hat with painful monday written on it. His black t-shirt that was worn so messily crept behind his acid washed jacket. He stared at his phone and with that hat on, there was no way I could see his face.

"Mr.Taetae," I heard my name was called. So I walked away and took my hot choco and cake. Soon enough, the thought of that man escaped my mind as I focused solely on the favorite things in front of me.

The cake from Moonback's always delicious. I took out my art journal and my oil pastel and color pencil and started drawing. Accompanied by two of my favorite things: art and sweet. I started spending the rest of the day in that coffee shop. Painting away my frustration and my pain.

I have been painting for almost an hour. I decided to stop my art for a moment and pick up my now room temperature chocolate and took a sip of it. I looked around and noticed that there were less people now. Going into the lunch hour, people had all gone out and went to a restaurant instead to fill in their stomach. For me, I have never really needed lunch. I could go on and on for the entire day without it. So, I would stay here for maybe a couple more hours to finish up my art.

I painted the evening sky I saw yesterday through my apartment window. Yes, I lived alone in the apartment and my uncle paid for it. My uncle didn't really love me that much. He paid for everything I needed but he was never there for me. I could've sworn one day he would come and ask me to pay him back with something.

"Hey cutie, cool art you're making."

I turned my head to my right side so hard I thought I sprained my neck for a moment. This guy again, the one who stood behind me in the queue. He scared the out of me.

"Erm, thanks." Seriously, he creeped me out.

"Your painting is beautiful, just like you."

Okay, now what should I do with that information? I was really starting to feel so uncomfortable. His face was hidden very well, I could not see his expression. It urked me, I didn't like not being able to see someone's face when I talked to them.

"Okay, thanks." I said awkwardly. I stood up and about to move seat when so suddenly this stranger grapped my wrist so tightly I couldn't shake him off.

"The , let me go!" I raised my voice as I tried to yank his hand away from me.

"Come on baby boy, sit down. I just want to talk and know you more." He looked up and now I had a full view of how he actually looked like and I shrieked.

He looked like an old grumpy skinny man. His skin and teeth were yellowish. His eyes seemed to be falling out of the sockets. He kept smilling while his grip tighten. I spinned my wrist and even used another hand to push his grip away from mind. It wasn't working and it confused me because I thought I was bigger than him.

"Hey, it's okay," he said while keeping the eerie smile on his face.

this guy, I would just kill him and go to jail. I grabed my fork and was about to stab the out of this old guy when suddenly a voice appeared from behind.

"Let him go you old!"

I turned around, 
and it was Min Yoongi.