Chapter 2

Where Love was Found

Min Yoongi
The Recruit 

 

People around me whispered to each other. They thought by lowering their voices they could hide the fact that they talked. It was stupid. I knew my personality was not fun at all. I was grumpy, cranky and tired most of the time. But I couldn't help it really.

My parents were busy most of the time. Rarely they would join me in a dinner table. I would always eat alone. The weight in my heart was heavier than the weight of my pocket, which weight a lot. So growing up I was always lonely and grumpy.

"Young sir, we've arrived." My driver said as the he pulled over the car.

I stepped out and was admiring my company. The one I built with my own hand. (Well, not really, with a little help from my father, but I did contribute a lot.) The only thing that could warm my heart was the company. I thought of all the music and songs I would produce. All the singers I would debut and the actors too. Running an entertainment industry was not easy, but it was fun.

I entered the building and tapped in my attendance. I heard my employee greeted me and I just couldn't bother myself to return their greetings. Soon enough my mind dived into all the works that were left undone last night.

I walked as fast as possible to the lift that was clossing. I put my palm in the middle of it to prevent it from closing and got inside. I was in hurry that I did not realise the man I hated was inside. Yes, that guy who had been flirting with me for two months.

"Good morning sir, how was your day?"

What on earth did he mean by that? The day has not even begun. I tried ignoring him and not paying him any attention at all.

He ing actually walked closer to me and stuck his body all over mine. "Sir, I hope you had a great night yesterday. Were you thinking about me?"

This guy was nuts. I stepped one step further from him. He followed. I stepped another step further. He still followed. I was this close to slamming his head on the wall.

"Don't come closer, you creeped the out of me!"

Before he could even say anything, a 'ding' was heard and we have arrived. Thank God. Quickly, I moved out and walked to my office. I was just having such a great morning and it was ruined by this guy. If I recalled his name was Jaesok.

"Hey Namjoon." I called my secretary who sat next to me. He had his own desk in the same room as mine. It made it easier for me to call for him anytime.

"Yes sir?"

"This Jaesok guy, I can't stand him anymore. Fire him," I said through my gritted teeth.

"Oh, okay." Namjoon looked confused, that was obvious since I hid the fact that he was flirting with me from him. If he knew Namjoon would skin him alive. He was my one and only friend since highschool and also a bit overprotective.

"Can I ask why you want to fire him,sir?"

"No."

"Can I ask as your friend?"

"Nothing joon-ah, he's just so annoying. There's something wrong with him, he seems to like me a little bit. I think."

"You're saying he flirts with you??" Namjoon's voice raised a note higher as he asked me. His expression turned sour and he clicked his tongue.

"Piece of !" he mumbled.

"I know."

***

It has been a week. The absence of that p.o.s (piece of ) Jaesok had slowly shown its effect. It lowered the productivity of the company since there were less human resources. We needed a new employee.

"Joon, please write on the papers our company has opened a new job vacancy for who are passionate, willing to learn and has a basic skill of videos editing," I commended.

"Yes hyung, actually about that.." Namjoon said, looking very hesitant.

"What?" I asked.
"I've actually announced that four days ago, I thought you would need it." 
"And you did that without my knowing?" I asked with one of my eyebrows raised. 
"Yeah, sorry."

Namjoon was really a pain in the sometimes, but I guess it was fine since it saved time. "It's okay Joon, forget about it. So, is there anyone who has sent the job application letters?"

"We received one letter from a man by the name of Kim Taehyung." 
"Wait, what was the name again?" I asked.
"Kim Taehyung. He has an experience working as a part time art teacher. In his resume, it is written that he has an excellent skill in video editting and photoshop."

I was shocked. Kim Taehyung was the name I did not think I would ever hear again until today. This was such a coincidence. A bad one or a good one? I was not sure. Kim Taehyung was so noisy and unpredictable in high school. He was always laughing, it pissed me off so much. He was also very insensitive with his surroundings and could not read situations around him. He acted so much like a kid I just did not understand him.

I was just about to put aside his letter when a wicked thought entered my mind. I could teach him how to become an adult. Well that if he's still acting like a kid. I thought.

"Call him in for interview tomorrow!"

***

Upon meeting Taehyung, I realized, he was not the same person he was before. It seemed he has grown into a better man, a decent adult. He was not acting like a kid anymore. It pissed me off since now I looked more like a kid than he was.

I wanted to more but a meeting was dued in less than half an hour, regretfully I had to let him go. I sent him off by asking him to start working the next day.

I took out my phone and dialled Namjoon's number. It took a couple of rings before he picked up.

"Hello, Namjoon." 

"Hi hyung, is there anything you need me to do?" 

"No, I was wondering whether you can push  back the meeting to noon, I have so many paperworks I need to do." 

"Well we can just push it back to tomorrow. You seem very tired." 

"Do you think it's possible joon-ah? I think we need to come up with a solution for the music video soon right?"

"Don't worry about it, pushing the meeting tomorrow won't be too late."

"Okay, I trust you with this. Thanks Joon."

"You're welcome boss!"

It was such a good idea that I could finally finish up my paperworks. I went out and was about to grab myself some paperworks that I put on my best bud, Jimin's desk,  when I saw Kim Taehyung was standing right in front of my door. Blocking my way. I heard each and everything they said about Jaesok.

"What is it that you can't relate? With a face like mine, everyone would like to flirt with me," I said with a smirk on my face. It seemed like Taehyung was still the same person, he was just trying to put a facade on.

"You're right Mr.Min, you're undoubtly very charming. But to risk a job is what I can't relate knowing it is quite hard finding a job nowaday," he said.

I could sense he was just trying to it up. So I cut him some slack and walked away. Hiring him could be a good decision after all.

"Hey boss, here for the paperworks?" asked Jimin. He was sipping a cup of Loveshock's coffee while his other hand was reaching out for the paperworks in his drawer.

"You kept it there?" I asked.

"Well actually, I checked it through. I found a proposal of colab addressed to Minho."

"Minho? You meant one of our rappers?"

"Yeah." he nooded as he shoved me a folder filled with paperworks.

"Who was it from?" I took out the files from the folder and scanned through it to find the proposal.

"Lisa from YS Entertaintment," he said.

Lisa. Well, she has a lot of achievement and widely known for her cheeky rap and dance moves. "I think there's no problem. She can collap with Minho." I told Jimin.

"You think so?" he asked.

"Yeah, but maybe I would reconsider it again. Let me think this through in my office," I confirmed.

I  bid him goodbye and walked to my office to continue my paperworks. It would be a very long day.

***

I stomached growled and I knew immediately it was way passed noon. I glanced at the clock above my head and it shown 01.00 pm. Yeah, passed noon. There were some things that I needed to settle, so I took some paperworks and decided to do the rest at home tonight.

"Boss are you going home?" asked Namjoon.

"Yeah, I think I would like to drop by Moonback to buy coffee then I'll go home and finish up my work," I said. I took my jacket that I hung on the back of my chair and I went out.

"See you tomorrow Joon."

"See you hyung!" Namjoon was not even looking at me. He was so focused on his computer that he did not even bother looking at me. As a boss, I could get offended by that act of disrespect. But as an older brother and a friend he dearly loved, I could care less about it.

On my way to Moonback, I was thinking about the collab proposal. Min Entertaintment, my company, is located in New Orleans, whereas YS Entertainmet is located in Dallas. To discuss this proposal further, going to Dallas was the best option. But leaving Min Entertainment was a challenge because I needed to bring an employee with me to help me with my work.

I pulled over and parked in front of Moonback. Walking into the cafe I met a person I thought I wouldn't meet. Mr.Kim Taehyung. He seemed to be wrestling against a man. What the heck was he doing and why there was no one trying to help him?

I walked closer to him to observe the situation, but it got so bad so quickly when I saw Kim grabbing a fork. As if trying to stap this man.

"Let him go you old!"

The man, who looked very old with all the wrinkles on his face, looked at me.

"What's your problem young man?" he asked.

"You're the problem. He's cleary uncomfortable with your presence and clearly dislike your touch! Let him go or I will report to the police," I said sternly. I took out my phone and was about to dial the police when he said.

"I'm his father idiot!"

I looked at Kim Taehyung who immediately panic.

"Whose father!? You're not my father! No Yoongi-ah, he was lying. I don't know him. Let me go!" Kim yelled so loudly as he pushed this old man harder.

Well, I quickly shoved the old man away from Kim and hid Kim behind me. I would ignore the fact that he called me by my name so casually and defended him.

"I'm calling the police."  I said.

The man in front of me clicked his tongue and ran off.

Kim Taehyung was still hiding behind me, his hand which was my jacket trembled with fear. How could he be so weak?

"Hey, he's gone." I said quite coldly.

"I know, I'm sorry," said Kim. His voice cracked, from fear or sadness, I did not know.

"Ok, you can let me go now then," I said.

"Yeah," he let go of my jacket and I turned around. His face was so pale and his entire body shook. I did not say anything and just helped him to sit down.

"Thank you," he said. Barely audible.

"He's just an oldman, I can't belive it. Why didn't you push him? Fight him? Call a ing police?" I asked quite rudely. It was a habit I had since high school to talk to a specific Kim very rudely.

He did not reply. His fisted his hands into balls and was deep in his thoughts. I could see his skin turning red, from anger, his face told me so.

"Sit down, I'll treat you to a coffee and strawberry cake?"

"What? I don't even like strawberry Kim." Before I could argue even more he snapped his head up and looked at me in the eyes. He was furious. Which was weird, I saved his .

"Sit down!" 
So I sat.