Chapter 3

Where Love was Found

Min Yoongi
We're just lonely

The strawberry shortcake tasted like . No offense to Moonback but I have always hated strawberry. So it was more to a personal reason and not to be taken seriously when I said it tasted like . I did not even know why I was sitting in the cafe eating my least favorite cake in front of my least favorite human being.

"I guess I shouldn't have thanked you," said Kim while munching his favorite strawberry cake. It was a wonder, really, to be able to eat your favorite food happily in front of your not so favorite person.

"Is this cake infront of me suppose to be your token of gratitude?" I asked.

"Yeah, a good ol' strawberry cake. No one hates strawberry cake. And if there is they are probably grumpy old men."

"So that makes me a grumpy old man then, cool. I mean, I wholeheartedly hate strawberry. This is more like a punishment to me rather than a reward."

He looked at me with eyes wide open. I did not think it was cute at all, his eyes were not cute to me. His face was not cute. He wasn't cute at all.

"You hate strawberry!?" He questioned with so much shock and confussion as if hating strawberry was not acceptable at all.

"Yeah, you got a problem with that?"

"You're the first person who hates strawberry. Dang, no wonder you're always grumpy all the time. It seems they were right, only grumpy old men hate strawberry."

"Hmph, it's that your way of talking to your boss?"

His body tensed for a second before he looked down to his plate and took a bit of his strawberry cake. "You're not even my boss yet," he mumbled.

"I think I should reconsider hiring a rude brat like you," I said. "And here I even saved your life."

He looked at me and instantly panicked. I could see the anxiety in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, please hire me. This, this has nothing to do with me as an employee. I work fast, learn fast, I-I promise you, I-I can.." He held his head as if in pain and took a deep breath to calm himself.

"I'm sorry," he said with his head hung low.

I did not mean for it to come to this. I was just playing around. The Kim back then would spit on my face and said " you Min", but the Kim now was not as tough as it seemed.

"I forgive you, there is no next time," I said. 
"Thank you, sir." Him being this submissive made me feel all weird. I could feel myself heating up, this was so wrong in so many ways.

I saw a book and what seemed to be an art kit placed on the right side of him. I could not recall him doing art in high school.

"Is that art kit on your right side Kim?" I asked him.

He looked at me and turned to his side to see. "Ah yeah, these are mine. I paint sometimes. Painting and drawing are my hobbies. I love art," he said.

"I never knew you love art."

He scoffed at me and said, "You never know a lot of things Min. If it is about me, there is actually nothing you know."

I shrugged and continue drinking my coffee and eating my cake. We sat there and finished our cakes. Although I did not even like it, the next thing I knew my plate was squeeky clean.

***

I offered Kim a ride home, but he refused. I offered him a ride to the nearest bus stop, and he refused yet again. Well, I could care less about him so I just drove away. Now I was laying on top of my big bed in my lonely mansion, not a mansion actually, but close.

My parents stayed abroad for business. Our family has been running an agriculture factory which business focus on oil palm cultivation, oil seed crushing, edible oil refining and sugar miling and refining. We have over 600 manufacturing plants. It went without saying that my parents would always be busy. Their gain today was their hardwork then. So I should be grateful and happy for them, but not really.

Although I could get whatever I wanted. I wasn't happy at all. I was lonely. I envied Kim actually, he had many friends back then. It seemed he was never lonely.

While I was laying down and busying my mind with useless thoughts, my phone rang. It was an unknown number, I wonder who this was.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Mr.Min. This is me, Kim Taehyung."

What a coincidence, I was thinking of him just a second ago. Okay, that sounded quite weird.

"What's the matter Kim?" I asked. And if my heart skipped a bit, I brushed it off as fatique.

"I knew it would leave such a bad impression if I were to be absent for my first day," he said. I waited for him to continue but he did not so I thought he was asking for my opinion.

"Yeah, you're the worst if you don't come to work in your first day."

"Right? Haha, I knew it! What was I thinking. Okay then boss, see you tomorrow."

"Wait-" Before I could even ask him what was wrong, he hung up the phone. I did not even know how he got my number. Who gave it to him?

I wanted to talk to him more, not because I missed him or loved talking to him. The silent of this room started getting louder and louder. It filled my head, it filled my heart. I wanted to talk to him, I wanted to talk to someone.

***

As usual, I entered my office and settled on my desk. A coffee would be on my desk to cheer me up in the morning. My dear, Namjoon, prepared me it every morning.

"Good morning boss, how are you this morning?" asked Namjoon from his desk.

"Never better," I replied sarcastically. Last night was tough. I worked till late at night ti finish all my paperworks.

"Hey, this morning I saw the new employee. I think his name is Kim Taehyung," started Namjoon. Weird. Namjoon has never taken any interest in the new employee. He would never talk to me about it.

"He's quite cute," he said.

"What!?"

To say I was surprised it was an understatement. I was shooked. A Kim Namjoon admitted someone to be cute and handsome was an imposibility. But here he was, with his red face, calling a Kim Taehyung cute.

"Don't be crazy Joon. You're telling me he's cute? Him."

Namjoon looked at me confused. Well, shouldn't I be the confused one? How could he call Kim Taehyung cute?

"Do you have anything against Kim?" he asked.

"No! Why would I?"

"It's just that, you're so pissed at me calling him cute. Either you hate him or you're jealous I'm calling him cute and not you."

I looked at Namjoon with a look of disbelief. He might have lost one of his screws.

"I'm not crazy hyung," he said. "Are you perhaps interested in Kim?" he asked.

"W-what!? No!" , I stuttered.

"Okay, so can I hit on him?" he asked. I looked at him with mouth slightly opened, 'this kid has lost his dang mind' I thought.

"Do whatever you want!" I said. I went to desk and took a seat. I did not have time for Namjoon's s today. The meeting that was postponed yesterday would due any minute now.

"I'm kidding. I'm not taking what you're interested in," he said.

"Shut up Joon. Just call Jimin, Jungkook, Minho and the production team to come in. We're having the meeting now!"

"Yes sir! But unfortunately Taehyung is not a part of the production team so.."

"Joon I am this close to killing you!"

"Oops. Okay okay, I'm calling them to gather in the meeting room now. You should go to hyung." He said as he walked out of our office.

I sat there and pinched the bridge of my nose. This would be a long day, I thought.

***

On my way to the meeting room, I passed the editting office. The editting office consists of 14 desks/seats. One of the seats belong to Kim. I really did not mean to peep, but I was just making sure Kim came on his first day.

I peeped inside and I saw him. He was editting one of the MVs that was supposed to be released a week ago. It was Jackson's MV. Jackson was a talented singer, but also a talented trouble maker. The reason we postponed the release of his MV wasn't solely because of the absence of Jaesok, but because of his dating scandal.

"Morning boss," I heard someone shouting at me from my right side. The voice was so loud it startled me.

I turned around and it was Namjoon. What was this guy even doing, we just met in the office. Why did he greet me again?

"What the do you want Joon? Scared the out of me and now you're grinning widely like a mad man?" I asked clearly annoyed.

"Good morning boss," I heard someone greet me from inside the office so I turned to look and it was Kim. Then that was when the realization sank in. Namjoon did it on purpose. He did it to get Kim's attention on me. Son of a.

"Morning Kim," I greeted him back. Namjoon snickered beside me and I jabbed his side with my elbow.

"Do your work Kim, don't slack around," I said.

"Am not," he mumbled.

"I can hear you Kim!"

Kim looked weird today. It was not his clothing. He dressed stunningly. Neither too formal nor too casual. His basic white shirt was hidden behind his long oversized brown coat. He put on a pair of glasses and on top of his head was a barrette hat. At a glance you could mistake him as a model. So no. It wasn't about his looks, but rather his expression.

He seemed so gloom and pale. He looked sick. Yeah. Very sick.

"Oi, are you okay?" I asked him ignoring Namjoon's smirk that I caught from the corner of my eyes.

"Yes bos-"

Before he could finish his sentence, so suddenly, he collapsed to the floor. I tried not to be panic. I approached him and placed him on my arm.

"Oi Kim. Wake up piece of !"

I shook his body and he still wasn't waking up. Namjoon stayed by my side and helped me checking him out. He checked Kim's pulse and his breathing.

"I think he fainted," he said.

"No friggin , Sherlock!"

As I was about to carry him to the infirmary, I felt something wet on my arm. I took a look at it.

And it was blood.

I tried to stay calm, but this time, I failed. I went panicking and all I could say is;

" Joon, call the ambulance! Now!"