Chapter Three | Strangers

◎ BullsEye (불즈아이) || You're Our Next Target - Apply closed~
The all too familiar stage created an ominous and nerve racking aura for new performers. Rows of seats sat directly in front of it, ultimately creating an intimate and cozy atmosphere. Rehearsals proved to be a long and dreadful ordeal, each hour spent correcting simple mistakes and watching the mistakes of others go unnoticed. All who were involved were tired and restless. A thin layer of hair covered the front of SunMi's face.
 
She sighed in frustration. The constant mistakes and the meticulous stage directors annoyed her. She pushed her hair back and made an attempt to stay sane until the day was over. Her phone pulsated in her pocket. In one swift moment, she pulled out a thin white phone and checked her messages. A small smile formed on her face, increasing just a fraction of her depleting temper.
 
On the other side of the room, Kyungsoon struggled with her dancing. First, she was too dramatic, then she was too vague. It was a problem she believed had to be solved at a later time. Basically, she failed to see the importance of perfecting a lost cause. In her mind, if something was wrong it would've been pointed out earlier. She persisted though. It was her dream to debut, and now that she got the chance, she wouldn't ruin it.
 
Andrea giggled in the corner. Her recent encounter with Kiseop proved to be very fruitful. Flirting was an art she had mastered long ago, and he was naturally receptive. She made contact, laughed at his jokes, and even a little. He saw right through it. There was a mutual attraction and he didn't want to waste anytime. He didn't want to rush anything either. They were left in a rough spot, both wanting to say something but not wanting to frighten the other.
 
After their last mock performance, most of the performers made plans to eat with each other before they slept for the night.  The BullsEye  members were left with only themselves. They decided to go to local, family owned BBQ that was conveniently located near their dorm. There was still an awkward, uncomfortable relationship between the girls. Not quite knowing each other, they were afraid to approach each other and find common interests. Much of the dinner was spent in silence. There was nothing to talk about and there was nothing they wanted to talk about. 
 
The ahjussi driver arrived just in time to pick them up. Their bedroom was the first place they went when they arrived home. A day of rehearsals had taken a toll on their mental and physical health. A long nap would surely be a quick recharge.
 
Taemi stayed up a little longer. There was a high note in the song that she couldn't hit. She tried again and again to sing it, but it only led to a sore throat. She finally decided to sleep around 2AM. A small ounce of worry hung over her.
 
Morning brought no time to get ready. As soon as everyone was awake, it was time to leave. Jian wavered in and out of sleep on the bumpy car ride to the popular music show, and the majority of the group followed her lead and slept before they got out of their car. The remaining members resorted to listening to music and looking out the window.
 
Soon, it was time to do what that were trained to do. Perform.
 
They sat in their dressing room, watching performance after performance on a small wall-mounted t.v. A small woman with a clipboard and a headset, entered their dressing room and guided them to the back of the same stage they had rehearsed on the night before.
 

 


I'm trying to switch up my writing style.
Debut will defintely be in the next chapter! I was going to include it in this one,
but I didn't want to leave anyone empty handed.
 
PS: Your suggestions will be included in the next chapter. Stay tuned to figure out how!