Love of a Friend

Love of a Friend

 

Changmin lies helplessly on the hospital bed. By his right, he could see his sister looking pale on another bed. He wishes that the operation would be successful. He doesn’t want her mother to lose to children in one time. That would devastate her so much.

 

He casts his eyes away from her sister and looks around the room. He sees doctors and nurses preparing the tools for his operation. He isn’t scared. In fact, he’s ready. He closes his eyes and for the last time, feels his own heartbeat.

 

Images of his best friend, his lover, come flashing in. He opens them again and feels really hesitant about the situation for the first time.

 

Will his heart still beat for Jaejoong after this? When he’s gone, who will protect his best friend? Will his sister love Jaejoong just like him now? Will Jaejoong love his sister, too?

 

Questions come after questions, and Changmin does not like it at all. His jealousy creeps in him, knowing that he’ll be no longer in the picture of his lover’s future. He hates it. For a very long time, they had been together.

 

“Be ready, Changmin-ssi.”

 

The doctor’s voice comes so suddenly that he doesn’t even notice a nurse injecting something on him. Before he lost his consciousness, he barely hears a commotion outside the operating room. Jaejoong’s cries, his mother’s screams, and a bang of a door.

 

 

 

 

 

A month after, a mother and a man stand in front of a gravestone, giving their wishes for a lost beloved one. The wind is chilly and the night is empty.

 

 

In loving memories of

Shim Eun Jin

1985-2012

Forever in our memories and hearts

 

 

It’s almost funny how the turn of events happened. When Changmin was on the verge of losing his heart, his mother came rushing in the room screaming to stop everything. Jaejoong was busy crying as he grasps tightly to Yunho’s uniform. The doctors had to stop their work and cancel the operation.

 

Changmin still lives, but Eun Jin died. But what surprised everyone in the room was that she had a smile on her face. Changmin thinks that she understood the situation, the fate’s plan, time—his feelings.

 

“Jaejoong, thank you so much for accompanying me tonight.”

 

Mrs. Shim smiles to the man beside her. After the incident, he became closer to her, treating her like his own mother.

 

She knows about his relationship with her son, and she was more delightful with it. Jaejoong confessed it during the incident.

 

In addition to the turn of events, Jaejoong is now living with the Shim considering his parents are on abroad and the fact the he’s Changmin’s lover. He starts calling Mrs. Shim as Mama—she insisted. Changmin is now also back in the school and still is the “genius delinquent”.

 

“It’s my pleasure, Mama. It’s just too bad Minnie is sick.”

 

Mrs. Shim scoffs with that. Slowly, they are now walking away from the cemetery and head to the car.

 

“He’s not that sick. He just has bruises all over him. Not minding the twisted leg and a swollen eye, he’s completely fine!”

 

Jaejoong has to chuckle at the woman’s outburst. It clearly written that she’s upset of her son. Just a week after his return to school, Changmin already was involved in a big fight. Although it concerns him, he actually is okay with it.

 

At least he’s back. He’s finally back.

 

“He saved me though.”

 

“And you saved him.”

 

 

*

 

 

When Jaejoong and Mrs. Shim arrived, they see Changmin curled under a thick blanket on the house’s porch.

 

“Changmin!”

 

Mrs. Shim flares up, thinking how stupid his son could be. It’s a chilly night and he’s son is sick.

 

His mind is sick.

 

Changmin smiles and slowly stands up, still with the blanket drapes over him.

 

“I was waiting for you……….Actually, I was waiting for Jae.”

 

Jaejoong blushes as Mrs. Shim just shakes her head and goes inside the house. The two men follow after. She rolls her eyes when she hears her son’s whispered words to his lover.

 

“I love you so much that I could eat you up.”

 

It amazes her how those two could not get tired of each other. Their bond is so strong and it overwhelms her. She’s happy her son found someone like Jaejoong and how Jaejoong never leaves him.

 

She chuckles as she goes in her room after hearing Jaejoong moans at the living room.

 

Stupid son. He always means what he says.

 

She glances at the picture frame on her desk and walks closer to it.

 

Love of a friend.

 

Anyone could be someone’s lover or wife or husband but it would always take a very special someone to be a friend.

 

Mrs. Shim continues to look at the picture, a man she had married a long time ago that bears two wonderful children, and slowly sheds a tear with a smile.

 

“You were my best friend once. You still are, my love.”

 

She stops reverie by the moment she hears Jaejoong screaming for her. She was about to go out of her room when she realizes what the two males were doing. So, she stops and flares yet again.

 

“SHIM CHANGMIN!”

 

 

 

 

At the living room, the two young men are heating up the cold night while exchanging sweet love to each other on the couch.

 

“OMG Min! Changmin… the couch… The couch…Mama! Mama! I’m sorry, MAMA!”

 

“Kim Jaejoong! When under me, you do NOT scream anyone else’s name!”

 

 

 

 

 

Breathlessly, I love you. I only love you.

My heart that looks towards you is burning…

My heart cannot be hidden—it’s getting bigger…

If we are born again in the next world,

I won’t let you go.

I love you like crazy. I love you till death.

Love of a Friend[U-Kiss]

 

 

 

 

*

 

The End

 

*

 

 

I hope you guys like it~~

it might take time for me to write a new story

but I'll do my best to do it...

and update The Ring Series. hehehe ^^