♥-Chapter 4-♥ "our first date went a little like this..."

♥-Happily Ever After or Just Disaster...Which Is It??-★

Rylee’s POV

          60 more seconds then lunchtime I said to myself as I watched the clock attentively instead of paying any attention to my teacher as she was assigning us homework. Then the bell rang music to my ears. I packed up my books, put my work book on the teacher’s desk then hauled outta there. I was so excited that I was literally bouncing down the hall to my locker. I emptied my bag; keeping only my personal items in it, grabbed my lunch and made my way to the cafeteria. And just like he said this morning Jonghyun was waiting for me outside, posted up looking good enough to eat. Okay Rylee this is it, keep it cool I said to myself as I tried to steady my heartbeat. I walked over to Jonghyun and gave him a hug.

“Hey, ready to eat lunch?” I asked with a smile

“You know it, what you got to eat?”

I look in my bag a pulled out my corn muffin from this morning. “This” I said which made up both laugh.

“Sad” he shook his head “Okay, go wait for my outside by the bleachers and I’ll come meet you there”.

“Cool” I said and walked outside to the bleachers. As I sat there I watched a few players of the school’s soccer team kick the ball around. They have gotten a lot better from the last game I had gone to. “Did you wait long?” Jonghyun voice brought me out of my trance.

“Not at all, that was quick”.

“The line was really short” he said and set a plate of French fries in between us. “Hope you like fries” he said with a smile.

“Are you kidding me, I love fries. Junk food is my weakness.” I said while picking up a fry to put in my mouth.

“Mine too. I really need cut back on all the junk food I eat” he put a fry in his mouth. “Maybe we can help each other with that, what you think?” he asked popping another fry in his mouth looking at me.

“Sounds like a plan to me” I smile.

I picked up a fry that had ketchup on it and put it in my mouth. I felt that I had ketchup on my lips, so I them. Jonghyun look at me a smiled “You missed a spot”.

“Where too?” I asked taking up a napkin. But he beat me to it; instead of using a napkin he used his thumb to get the spot. Did he just touch me lips? Oh I’m gonna die! I screamed on the inside. “Got it” he said then put his thumb in his mouth, cleaning it of the ketchup. “Mmm, lunch taste so much better with you” he said giving me a smile. This boy is messing with my head; I looked away and continued eating lunch. After we were done I took everything to the trashcan then I went back to sit next to Jonghyun.

“Enjoyed that?” he asked me.

“Yeah I did, thank you” I smiled at him. He blushed and looked away. He is so adorable when he does that. I nudge him with my shoulder and he moved closer to me. We sat there in silence for a moment, but it was a comfortable silence. Like neither one of us had to say a word, we were just happy to be able to be this close together. “So….” He broke the silence which made me look at him. “You said you love to draw right?”

“Yeah, drawing is my escape, and the only way I can express myself”.

“So how good are you at it?”

“Real good, why?” I asked to see where he was taking this.

“Show me how good you are” he said with a smile.

“Really? Right now” I asked a bit surprised.

“Yeah, unless you are too scared” he teased. Oh no he did not just go there! I thought as I jerked my head back. Challenge accepted! “Okay I’ll show you right now, be prepared to be amazed” I said while I grabbed my bag to take out my scrapbook and pencil case. Once I had them in hand, I looked at him and said “What you want me to draw?”

“Anything as long as it’s good” he said sticking his tough out at me. And right when he did that I got my inspiration.

“Okay, I’m going to draw you as a cartoon character”.

“YAH!!” he said with a shocked face.

“Don’t worry, I’ll make you look really cute” I pinched his cheeks.

“You better”.

“Relax, I’m got you. Just sit there and I’ll show you when I’m finished” I said as I flipped to a fresh page in my scrapbook. I grabbed a pencil; took one last look at him and got to drawing. Hehe this should be fun.

Jonghyun’s POV  

          I sat there in silence watching her draw. Most people would think I am a punk for saying this but it is really interesting watching her draw. I can tell she really enjoys it because she as the tiniest smirk on her face when she does. Feeling a bit board I started to hum to myself.

“I love that song” she said still concentrating on what she was doing.

I looked at her “You know which song it is” I asked.

“Of course, DBSK’s ‘You’re My Melody’. It’s one of my many favorites of theirs”.

“So you’re a fan, I see”.

“Die heart fan, they are the best” she said with a smile.

“Agreed.” I shook my head in agreement.

“Okay almost finished and then you can become a fan of my artwork”.

This caused both of us to burst into laugh. “Can’t wait” I said with a smile. And for the remainder of time I sat there and continued to hum while watching her finish the drawing.

Rylee’s POV

          “Okay I am done…what you think”. I handed Jonghyun the drawing.

He examined it for a few seconds then broke into a smile. Okay that smile must mean he approves right? I said to myself.

He nodded his head “I like it, you are really good at this” he looked at me and smiled.

“Thanks” I blushed, my cheeks going a bright pink.

“One question though” he said still looking at the drawing.

“What’s that?”

“What is up with my hair?” I chuckled

“I don’t know it just came to me. Like what you would look like with you hair dyed blond. So I draw it.” I explained looking at the picture.

“And if I do say so myself, you would look so handsome with this hair style” I said looking at him.

“You really think so?” he made eye contact with me.

“I know so” I smiled.

“Well in that case I will do this style on day” he said smiling at the picture.

“Really, you would dye your hair?” I asked not believing him.

“Yes, as long as you promise to be around when I do” he said looking at me.

“You can count on it” I said giving him a reassuring smile and putting up my pinky finger, which he then locked with his own. We sat there for a minute looking at each other, with our pinkies still entwined. Then the next thing I know he brought his face closed to mine and kissed me. WOW my first kiss was with Jonghyun! Can you believe that? And damn he lips feel so good on mine. I screamed in my head as we continued to kiss. Just as the kiss got a little more intense the bell rang. Damn you bell I cursed to bell that just had to ring, interrupting our moment.  He pulled away reluctantly and rested his forehead on mine. We sat there for a few seconds staring in to each other’s eyes. In his all I saw was love, which caused me to blush and shy away.

“I meant to ask you…” he said which caused me to look back at him. “Can I keep the drawing?” he asked softly with a smile.

“Sure; as long as you keep it in a safe place, where it won’t get damaged”.

“I intend to too” he said then gave me a kiss on my forehead.

Now I am all new to this but I’m pretty sure there was a message behind what he just said. Right guys?  After that he wrapped his arms around me and I snuggled into his embrace. Feeling safe and secure, like that is where I am meant to be. We both ended up skipping class that afternoon just content with being with each other. As I think about it now I did a lot of “first” this afternoon. Had my first date…shared my first kiss with a guy who makes my heart race…and the first time of me skipping class. As we spent the rest of our afternoon snuggled up on the bleachers I thought to myself with a smile on my face. Who would have thought my first date would go a little like this.