★-Chapter 1-★ "you had me at hello..."

♥-Happily Ever After or Just Disaster...Which Is It??-★

 

(Six years ago)

Rylee’s POV

          Wake up wake up wake up wake wake up

 Wake up wake up wake up wake wake up~~~

“Okay, okay I’m up already” I said as I rolled over to my cell phone, to switch off my morning alarm that was currently on repeat. As I turned off my phone I snuggled back under the covers hoping to get a few more winks in. But do you think a girl can rest in peace, not in my house. That little she devil aka my little cousin came busting through my door making a whole pile of noise. It is way too early for this . I thought as she pounced on my bed and began jumping up and down.

“Rylee! Rylee! Wake up! Auntie said it’s time for you to get up. ”Lizzy said as she jumped and then crushed me with all her weight.

“Mmmm…Lizzy are trying to kill me?” I asked for under the covers.

“Get up!!” she screamed in my ear, nearly making me def.

“Okay, I’m up already!” I said while I snatched the covers from off me and jumped out of bed.

Thinking I’m playing with her she ran out my room giggling. I sat on bed for a moment to catch myself, that was until my mom appeared in my door way. “I knew if your alarm didn’t wake you up that Lizzy would. She does her job well.” my mom said and chuckled.

I laughed with her. “You are so wrong for that mama”.

“I know but get use to it, I’ll be using her more often” she said with a smile. This woman isn’t serious right now I thought as I shook my head.

“Now can you get up and start getting ready for school missy, we are starting this new semester off right” she said as she walked away.

“Yes mama” I said in a nonchalant way.

I got off my bed and went straight to my computer. I have a habit of playing music first thing in the morning to get my day going, been doing it for years. Mmm…what song should I play this morning to get my day started I said to myself as I browsed my iTunes library. Aha got it I smiled and clicked on the song (LMNT-Juliet). “Oh snap this is my jam right here” I said as I got off my chair and started dancing my way to the bathroom, singing off key. 

“I just want you to know

 I wanna be your Romeo

 Hey Juliet

 Hey Juliet” I sang happily as I brushed my teeth. I don’t know why but I was addicted to this song this morning, so therefore I kept it on repeat the whole time I was getting ready for school. It took me an hour and a little bit but I was finally polished and shined; ready for school. After applying some of my vanilla lip gloss on; I throw it in my bag, along with my cellphone and iPod. Giving myself one more self-check in my mirror I blow myself a kiss and headed out the door.

“Have a beautiful day honey” my mom said from the kitchen.

“Will do, bye mom…and bye to you too you little she devil” I said as I stuck out my tongue to Lizzy.

“I am not a she devil, am I auntie?” I hear her ask my mom.

“No sweetie. Rylee is just messing with you” my mom reassured her.

Yeah I might have been messing with her but she really was a little she devil. Been bugging me from the moment she started to walk. Once outside my apartment complex, I plugged my iPod into my ears and bopped my way down the street. School was only a 25 minute walk from my house and since I had time to spear I decided to head to my favorite café to get something to eat.

As I approached the café, I reached out to open the door only for my hand to come into contact with another hand. “Oh, sorry about that” I said as I turned to the person. Once my eyes met with his I became hypnotized by the gorgeous guy standing in front of me. His big brown puppy-like eyes were the first thing that attracted me in, I could stare at them all day. Mind you, he was simply dressed in his school uniform but he wore it well. On top of that the cologne he was wearing was making my head spin. Damn he smells good I thought silently in my head. And then as if the moment couldn’t get any better he had the nerve to flash me a smile. That’s it I think I’m in love I said to myself as I smiled back at him. “After you” he voice came across mellow and calm, as he opened the door. “Thanks” I said as I flashed him another smile. Damn I haven’t seen I guy that fine in a while, apart from watching my DBSK boys on TV every night I chuckled to myself as I walked up to the counter.

“Good Morning Mrs. Choi” I greeted the owner of the café happily.

“Good Morning Rylee. How are you?” she asked with a smile on her face.

“I am good, just came to grab something to eat before I go to school” I explained to her.

“Ok, no problem. The usual or something different today?” she asked me. You see, I come here like four times a week so therefore the people who work here, including Mrs. Choi all know what I normally get.

“Yes ma’am” I laughed.

“Okay, one corn muffin and a small caramel latte to go coming right up” she said as she got to preparing my order for me. While waiting for my order I leaned against the counter and only by luck my Mr. Handsome came and stood next to me.

“Good morning sir, may I take your order” one of the cashiers said to him.

“Yeah, I’ll have some sugar cookies and a small hot coco to go please.” he said with that heavenly voice of his. Talk some more for me please    

“Coming right up” the cashier got to making his order. He stood there messing with his iPod for a minute, while I stood there checking him out from the corner of my eye. Good gosh this boy is fine I bit my lip and turned away.  

“Hey” his voice came across to me. Oh gosh his speaking to me…okay Rylee keep it calm now, don’t act like a dork I scold myself as I turned my head to face him.

“Hey” I smiled.

“Sorry about earlier but I never got a chance to get your name” he said with a smile.

Fack he is bold. “Rylee, Lee Rylee” I said to him.

“Well nice to finally meet you Rylee. Kim Jonghyun.” He said and extended his hand out to me. I took it and shook it. “Nice to meet you too” I smile back at him. Why can’t I stop cheesing like a love struck fool? I asked myself but I just couldn’t help it. We were still holding hands like neither one of us dare to let go. But knowing I had to, I did.

“Come here often?”

“Occasionally, when I run out of the house without having any breakfast, like I did this morning.” I told him, which caused him to chuckle.

“I know what you mean, and by looking at your uniform I can tell that we go the same school.”

WHAT!! Was he checking me out? Score!I celebrated in my mind. But really, all jokes aside I didn’t even notice we head on the same school uniform. I am so stupid.

“It looks like it, but sad to say I have never seen you in school before”.

“That’s because I am a year ahead of you. And I have seen you around a few times but you never notice me”.

I blushed. “Sorry I am a bit of a dreamer. My mom says that my head is forever in the clouds”.

“I see. Well than; seems like I’m just gonna have to help you stay grounded then huh.” He said with a smirk on his face.

This isn’t happening to me right now is it? Someone please pinch me and wake me up so that I know that this isn’t just a beautiful dream.I looked at him and blushed. We held eye contact for about a minute until the cashier came over and interrupted. “Here are your orders” she said looking at the both of us. We both paid for orders than I looked at my watch and noticed that we only had 20 minute to get to school before the bell rang.

“We better get going or else we are going to be late for first class” I said as we exited the café.

He then looked at me and said “So does this mean I have the privilege of walking you to school?”

Damn those puppy eyes for his.I blushed hard at his words. “Yeah looks like it” I tried to play it cool.

And then the cutest thing happened: he blushed. Can you believe my luck right now? I am screaming like a fan girl on the inside. “Okay let’s go” he said with a smile and grabbed my hand, linking our fingers. Thank you God. I said looking up towards the sky with a bright smile plastered on my face. It is totally official, as of right now my life has begun, and it all started with a simply “hello”.