View

My Favorite Idol

A/N: Hey everyone! This chapter is out. A lot of Jisoo's POV in this chapter. Maybe a sneak peek of Jennie's in the next one. Do you know of anyone who sees the world in colors, like associating colors to different emotions or even environment? A local musician is able to and it is quite cool. So, what do you all think the color grey is associated to? And if anyone finds the last paragraph familiar, it was an inspiration from the lyrics of Shinee's view. I find this chapter rather meaningful. View, this word could mean the scenary in front of you or what are people's thoughts on the issue. Hope this chapter is alright! Enjoy! Can't wait to update the next one :) Let's see where my brain takes me to.

---------------

"Chaeyoung, wake up," Jisoo was startled to see her best friend beside her, sleeping. She then remembered what happened earlier. Her head throbbed a little, but she did feel slightly better.

"Oops, I guess I fell asleep. What time is it?" asked the Aussie.

"Almost 8pm, do you want dinner?" Jisoo got out from her bed and was heading out, to grab both of them food.

"Sure."

While Jisoo went out of room and down the stairs, her mother greeted her and asked how she was doing and told Jisoo that her dinner was in the microwave.

"Omma, do you have extra? Chaeyoung is here," Jisoo asked her mother, who was currently watching her Korean drama.

"Yep, omma put extra food on your plate. Remember to get another plate and split the food into 2 equal servings," replied Mrs Kim, whose eyes still hadn't left the huge screen.

"Thanks, omma."

Jisoo went to grab food and divided the portion, giving more food to Chaeyoung since she loves food and is always hungry.

"Here you go, your food," the older one passed the younger one her plate and in return, she was given a warm smile. That warm smile made Jisoo feel better.

"Are you feeling better?" asked the younger girl. If anything, she was grateful was that they were quite telepathic.

Jisoo nodded and before taking a bite of her food, she grabbed her phone that was laying on the edge of the bed. A message from Jennie.

-------------------------

It had been a week since Jisoo had found out about the dating scandal. Shortly after, SM had denied the confirmation by YG. Everything was getting confusing and gave her a headache. She felt as though life was getting much gloomier. She still ignored the text, but the notification was still on her homepage. Jisoo was currently outside of her University health centre.

"I guess I am back again," the girl sighed before she entered the psychology services clinic.

"Hi, I have an appointment with Ms Lee," she approached the staff at the counter. The staff was shocked to see her again, most probably because she had been a regular for 2 year since she started University but stopped when she was in the 3rd year. Her therapist had given her a pass when she had recovered.

"Ok, have a seat first," replied the staff. As expected, she didn't need to tell the counter staff her name.

Jisoo was looking at her phone and the notification of Jennie's insta message was still there. Her finger hovered over it; her brain was telling her to ignore it but her heart was telling her to open. If anything, she wanted to follow her heart but the devil in her brain was telling her otherwise and it was shouting at her.

"Jisoo, let's go."

Her train of thoughts was disrupted by Ms Sunny Lee, her therapist, who had signalled her to go to the therapy room. The room was dimly lit but cozy as usual. There were times where she wanted to just stay there and not go out, but it was a shared therapy room. Her therapist had even caved in to extending the session by 30 minutes when Jisoo insisted that she wanted to nap there.

"Hi there, how are you?" asked Ms Lee.

"I am fine. The depression isn't an issue now," replied the raven haired girl. She relaxed onto the chair after giving the reply.

"Ok what makes you want to drop by here?" asked Ms Lee. Her therapist had seen the worst side of her and every time Jisoo was here, there would always be a problem. The only time Jisoo went to the clinic without any problem would be the times she would drop holiday card to her therapist.

"I have a question. Remember when we talked about emotions? I can't seem to control them as much as I can and there is person that I really like. I don't know what to do about it. She sent me a text and I just ignored her," the girl was trying to form a complete story in head, giving as little information as possible. Jisoo was the kind that would give you the vaguest story when it comes to the affairs of the heart, but Ms Lee had known the girl for 2 years. No matter how much Jisoo tried to hide, she would try to ask for more information to get a clearer picture. This was to for the girl's best interest.

"It seems like there are some missing parts to this story. So, you like this person more than a friend and you don't know what to do about it. She sent you a text and you didn't reply her. What made you ignore her?" asked Ms Lee. She knew that Jisoo had trouble expressing her feelings and is not the best person when it comes to the social world, but she is here to help the girl.

There was a short silence. She was looking away from Ms Lee, a hand rubbing the back of her neck. It was until a while where Jisoo spoke out,
"at first, there was news of her being attached but it seems like there is a misunderstanding and she is not now. I don't know what the truth is."

"Ok, I see. Remember when I said that you can control your feelings, but you can't suppress it. Do you remember the times when you were craving for a particular food that you had to go and eat it? It's the same thing. You can control the intensity of the feelings, but you cannot control yourself from not feeling it. If it makes sense to you." reasoned the therapist. Jisoo always loved speaking with the use of metaphors and analogy, hoping that this would get through the girl.

"And if this person means a lot to you, I am sure that you would know what to do," she added.

"Remember when I asked if you have developed an ability to read people and you said you are still developing? I guess you have improved leaps and bouts," Jisoo chuckled. She loved talking to her therapist even though sometimes there were no practical solutions that came out of it.

"Thank you, Jisoo," Ms Lee smiled genuinely at her response.

There was this awkward silence that Jisoo did not like. Even though she has seen the therapist for a while, there were times where conversations die down and became this awkward atmosphere where Jisoo did not know what to do.

"I guess you want me to say something, but as you know, there are no plans for every therapy," now it was Ms Lee's time to chuckle. She knew that the girl hated the awkward silence, but it is never awkward to her. She believed in giving peace to her clients.

Jisoo just nodded. All she wanted to do is to sit in silence and talk about the first thing that came to her mind. She just stared at the floor, looking away from her therapist.

"What do I do now?" asked Jisoo. She could sense that nothing practical was going to come out of it, but she decided to ask anyways.

"I can't make decisions for you. It is your life."

Jisoo was trying hard not to roll her eyes but decided to laugh it off instead. Unknowingly, a sigh escaped from her lips.

"I know it is frustrating, many people come to us thinking that we can give solutions, but ultimately, it is up to the students whether they want to do something or not. Even if we give them a suggestion, it may not feel right when they do it." Ms Lee reasoned.

"Anyways, how is school?" asked the therapist.

"Great, internship now. I took the day off for this, but I have to make up for it. I just hope that school will be over. I am planning to take a long break to figure something out or if life is worth living," remarked the young girl. She looked away, avoiding any eye contact with Ms Lee.

"Jisoo, taking a break is good but don't bring it to the extreme, alright?" asked Ms Lee, with hint of concern.

"I know. There are more things in life to be grateful for. But there are days where I feel that life is tough, and it would be better to just be in a better place. But I think I am currently at a better place now." replied Jisoo and she quickly added the last line. She really did not want to be labelled as being depressed again. It was tough.

"That's nice to hear." Her therapist gave her a genuine smile.

"We still have some time, right? I will take a nap here."

"Sure."

---------------

After the therapy session with Ms Lee, her head felt clearer and she felt that her reasoning and judgement side of her brain has been activated. She opened the chat from Jennie. She had finally read the message which she had ignored for a week.

jennierubyjane: Jichu unnie, the dating scandal is fake. Please don't believe it. It is some ploy by my management. I am worried about you. Let's talk about it.

She grabbed her phone and crafted the text.

sooyaaa: I believe you

Soon, she received a reply.

jennierubyjane: Hey there, thank God that you have replied. Can we talk, maybe face-to-face. Would you like to drop by my apartment?

Jisoo really wanted to give her a chance and this is what her heart wanted.

sooyaaa: How about tonight?

jennierubyjane: Sure, I will be waiting

It was almost evening and Jisoo was still contemplating whether she should just stay at home. She didn't have the heart to go there and have her heart broken. She had guarded the fragile organ so well; she couldn't risk it being shattered again after painstakingly piecing it up together.

jennierubyjane: I will be cooking, anything in mind?

Maybe heaven is giving her a sign. She got out of bed and prepared to go to Jennie's apartment. Before she left the house, she took a last look at the mirror.

"Jisoo, you can do it," she told herself as she looked into the mirror.

It took Jisoo around 30 minutes to travel to Gangnam by foot. Apparently, she stayed around the area and figured that taking the cab would be too dangerous as it may potentially leak the idol's information. Making sure that she was not followed, she entered the stretch of alley where the apartment complexes were. Soon, she was standing right in front of the said unit. She paced outside the door, thinking whether she should press the bell or not, but the door opened, and it revealed the idol in front of her.

"I could hear some shuffling outside, and I saw you from the monitor. If you are not going to enter, I am going to invite you in. The younger girl pulled the older into her apartment." Jennie smiled brightly. She was glad to see her favourite fan. Jisoo flinched at the touch but her heart felt warm and she held onto the hand, somewhat tightly.

"Welcome to my humble abode and you can feel free to sit anywhere while I serve dinner."

Jennie released her grip on the older's hand but Jisoo was still holding onto it. Jisoo pulled the girl towards her as she sat down. Her hands wrapped around the younger's waist and head on her left shoulder.

"I am tired, let's stay like this for a while," asked Jisoo.

She could feel Jennie nod.

"I'm sorry."

Jennie's breath hitched, she was lost for words and beyond this dimension, this miraculous view. She could see the color of grey engulfing them. From her sixth sense, she knew that Jisoo had become sensitive and tonight is the night where they would resolve all the misunderstandings and come to a beautiful conclusion. For now, she just wanted to stay in this beautiful view, with her being in Jisoo's arms- soft touch on her waist- as the sky beautifully spread with a hue of orange. She was hoping that the color of sunset would take over the gloomy color. She relaxed into the weight of Jisoo's scent and snuggled closer. This feels right and she knows it.