PART 3

Love, Eternal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N – I was inspired to write this chapter by a song ‘Loneliness’ by Babyface.

I’m sitting here
Thinking bout
How I’m gonna do without you around in my life
And how am I gonna get by

I ain't got no days
Just lonely nights

You want the truth
Well girl I’m not alright
Feel out of place and out of time
I think I’m gonna lose my mind

 

Seohyun curled up on the couch, hugging her legs close to her body. The crying stopped, but her chest still hurt. She stared at her phone on the coffee table with a hope that Yonghwa would call, saying he was fine. But as day turned to night, there was still no update of his whereabouts.

She took a deep breath before slowly let it out. She looked around the house, feeling so empty. She couldn’t stop thinking about her boyfriend. Every corner of this place reminded her of him. A new set of tears fell on her cheeks unknowingly.

A moment later, she heard a faint knock on her door. She sighed and mentally cursed at whomever at the other side of the door. She wasn’t in the mood to see anyone. Then there was another knock, a little louder this time. Lazily, she stood up and walked to the front door. When she pulled the door open, there stood Tiffany in her casual outfit and concern was evident on her face. Once she saw Tiffany, she broke down into tears and hugged her friend tightly. When they pulled away from the embrace, Tiffany walked with Seohyun to the living room. Seohyun sat in the same spot she was sitting a few hours ago with Tiffany sat next to her, placing her hand on Seohyun’s back.

“Have you eaten?” Tiffany asked.

Seohyun shook her head as she wiped the tears with the back of her hand. She had no interest in food whatsoever in that moment. All she cared about was Yonghwa.

“Your manager told me the search is still going. They’ll find him soon. Don’t worry.” Tiffany said as she softly rubbed Seohyun’s back.

“What if…” Seohyun’s voice trailed off. She was afraid to say what was on her mind. She swallowed. “What if I have no chance to see him again? What if I have no chance to apologize for what I’ve done? What if I have no chance to tell him I love him? What…”

“Hyunnie, stop.” Tiffany cut her off. “Don’t assume the unknown.”

“I’m scared.” Seohyun looked at Tiffany with emptiness in her eyes. “I’ve been through so much in my life, but I never feel so scared and helpless like this, ever. I can’t lose him, unnie. I’ll go insane.” She buried her face in her hands.

Tiffany moved closer to the brunette and wrapped her arms around her. “Just pray he will be okay.”

Tiffany decided to stay with Seohyun that night. Seohyun needed someone by her side, especially now. They spent the whole night worrying about Yonghwa. Although Tiffany knew she can’t do much to comfort her best friend, she tried her best to be optimistic about it even though she herself had no idea where or how was he right now. She tried not to let Seohyun thinking too much.

At one point, Seohyun cried herself to sleep. She even called Yonghwa’s name in her sleep. Seeing her best friend in such condition broke Tiffany’s heart. She remembered how Seohyun cried when she broke up with her previous boyfriends, but what she witnessed tonight was a whole new side of Seohyun. Never in a lifetime of knowing Seohyun, she had seen her so vulnerable like that. If the thought of losing him could cause Seohyun such heartbreak, what would happen if they couldn’t find Yonghwa? Or worst, what if he is gone for good? Tiffany shook her head, shaking off the worst possible thought in her head. She silently prayed to God to save Yonghwa wherever he was.

 

*********

 

I miss your face
I miss your kiss
I even miss the arguments
That we would have from time to time
I miss you standing by my side
I'm dying here, It’s clear to see
There ain't no you, God knows there ain't no me
Don't wanna live, I wanna die
If I can’t have you in my life

 

Seohyun slowly opened her eyes when she felt the heat of morning sunlight hit her face. She sat up on the couch and looked around; everything was pretty much the same, except for the blonde girl in the kitchen making coffee. She slowly stood up and headed to the bedroom and greeted by the older girl.

Tiffany turned around. “Want some breakfast? I can make you…”

“No, thanks.” Seohyun cut off as she glanced up at her best friend standing at the kitchen counter. Her eyes were swollen from the cry last night. “I have no appetite.”

“You have to eat something, Hyunnie.” In such situation, she tried not to be too insistent, but she should try to make her eat something. Tiffany opened the fridge, poured a glass of orange juice and handed to her. “At least have some juice. Please?” Her voice was soft, almost begging.  

Reluctantly, Seohyun took the glass and sipped the juice. “Any news of Yong Oppa?” She asked downheartedly.

The blonde shook her head. She sent a couple of text messages to Seohyun manager and did some news reading while Seohyun was sleeping, but there was still no good news so far.

Seohyun couldn’t hide her frustration. She let out a sigh and handed the glass to Tiffany. “I’ll go to my room then.” She lazily walked to her room.

Tiffany’s eyes followed Seohyun as she disappeared into the hallway to her room. She started to worry, not only for Yonhgwa, but also her best friend. Seohyun hadn’t consumed any food since yesterday. All she did was lying on the couch and cry. If they couldn’t find Yonghwa anytime soon, Seohyun would continue being like that for quite a while. And Tiffany couldn’t bear to see her best friend suffer like that.

In her room, Seohyun managed to drag herself to the bathroom and took a shower. She tried her best not to think too much about Yonghwa, although he was the only thing running in the front of her mind. As the warm water hit her body, she felt a bit calmer. At least she managed to stay rational. Crying was tiring, but every time a thought of Yonghwa crossed her mind, the tears would fall unexpectedly.  

After the shower, she put on a t-shirt and sweatpants and she threw herself on the bed. Her head felt heavy, probably as heavy as the weight she felt in her heart of missing Yonghwa. It has been over two days since her boyfriend was pronounced missing. Not knowing his whereabouts was slowly killing her inside. She felt numb and hopeless. She turned to the side of the bed and ran her fingers through the sheet; the empty spot that was once occupied by the man she loved dearest. It felt like it was just yesterday they were talking and laughing together and made love on the same bed. Today, he was nowhere to be found.  

She then remembered the last text message Yonghwa sent to her. The words echoed in her head.

“You’re my beating heart, Hyun. If one day it stops beating, I have no regret because I know I am loved by you.” – Yong Oppa

Just then, a memory flashed in her head.

 

*******flashback********

The time was already passed midnight and Seohyun was sitting in the living room of her apartment, watching some TV show. It was nice to be home and alone after a whole day of hectic schedule. Suddenly, she heard a knock on the door. Her forehead creased as her eyes glanced at the clock on the wall. Her heart started to pound faster while her mind wondered the worse. Could it be sasaeng fan? She cautious

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter