PART 2

Love, Eternal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun was at her record label office with her manager, having a meeting with a music producer. The time was almost eight o’clock and she started to get restless. She glanced at the wristwatch a few times during the meeting. The meeting was far from boring and she was definitely interested with what they were discussing about, but she had a plan in mind to surprise Yonghwa at the airport. He will be leaving to Taiwan and they won’t see each other for at least a week. While listening to her manager talking to the producer, her phone vibrated and her face light up when she saw the name on the screen. She clicked the incoming text message.

Yong Oppa: Hi, babe. R u still at the office?

Seohyun: Yup. The discussion isn’t over yet. R u already at the airport? What time is your flight?

Yong Oppa: No, I’m at home. Need to pack some stuff. My flight is at 11. Will be leaving to the airport soon.

Seohyun: I want to see you before you leave. We always have lunch or dinner before any of us leaves for a long period.

Yong Oppa: You can sneak out from the office if you want to. I’ll still be at home for at least an hour. We can do a lot of things in an hour. And I’m about to take a nice hot shower. I wish you were here.

Seohyun: Don’t tease me like that, Oppa. As much I want to be with you right now, my manager will kill me if I do that.

Yong Oppa: Your loss, Miss Joohyun. Talk to you later. I love you.

Seohyun: Shut up! Love you too.

Seohyun moved her sight to her manager when she heard her cleared . The lady manager was giving her a serious look. “Sorry, just replying some important messages.” Seohyun pressed her lips, trying to hide a smile.

The meeting ended around 8.30 and there were hours left before Yonghwa’s flight take off. Once they stepped out of the studio and say goodbye to the music producer, she walked hastily to the parking lot. “I see you later, Unnie.” She said in a hurry.  

Looking at the rush, the manager extended her hand out in front of Seohyun to stop her. “Wait a minute, young lady. Why are you in such a rush?” Her tone was serious.

“I-um…” She tried to avoid his gaze. “I have-um…thing to do.”

“What thing? What’s so important that you can’t even put your attention on the discussion just now?” The lady manager said in a stern tone as she narrowed her eyes.

Seohyun let out a defeated sigh. From the sound of the manager’s voice, Seohyun knew she was pissed. That was unprofessional of her to not paying attention to her work. She bit her lower lip and swallowed, preparing herself for the nagging. “It’s…um…”

“It’s Yonghwa, isn’t it? Oh, Joohyunie…I can see it from your face. Can you be a little subtle next time?” The manager said with a chuckle.

Seohyun let out a small-relieve laugh as she tried to hide the blush on her face. “Yea, it’s Yonghwa. He’ll be leaving soon so I want to see him before he catches his flight. We always see each other before we leave for work out of town. But because of my tight schedule today, I can’t find time to see him.”

“Well, I guess see each other this morning at home isn’t enough?” The manager said with a raise of an eyebrow in mocking gesture.

Seohyun opened to answer, but decided not to. Her cheeks turned rosy within seconds. She smiled to the older lady instead. “I should go, Unnie. Bye.” With that, she ran to the car and ignited the engine.

 

*********

 

Thankfully to the smooth traffic, she reached the airport less than hour later. She took a glance at herself in the mirror before stepping out of the car. She scrolled her phone to check the flight detail Yonghwa’s assistant has sent to her. She walked hurriedly to the airport lounge and spotted her boyfriend, sitting on the comfy seat with the phone in his hand and earphones on. He was wearing a light grey hoodie, dark ripped jeans with a pair of sneakers – a modest look, but he still looked damn attractive. She smiled at the sight. His assistant and stylist were also there. They noticed her when she waved her hands to them behind the wall and signaling for them to not acknowledge her presence. As if they understand the signal, both of them left the lounge to the get some food.

She walked slowly, approaching him from behind. She cleared as she stood near him. “Excuse me, sir. Is the seat taken?”

He glanced up and his eyes widened when he saw her. “Hyun?”

“Surprise!” She said with a gleam of happiness in her eyes.

He had a biggest smile on his face. He was happy with the surprise. He stood up and let out chuckle as he hugged her. “Wow, what a good surprise.” He pulled away from the brief hug and looked at her. “Don’t tell me you snuck out from the meeting.” He narrowed his eyes, giving her a skeptical look. He knew his girlfriend won’t do anything against the rules or anything unprofessional.

She let out a laugh. “No, I’m not. The meeting wrapped up a little early so I drove here right away. I can’t keep my focus on whatever they were talking about because as the minutes passed by, I was getting impatient and I hope I could see you before you catch your flight. And thank God, we still got a little time to spend together.”

He sat down and leisurely pulled her on his lap. He wrapped his arms around her waist, still smiling. “I’m really happy you’re here. I’m just about to FaceTime you, but the feeling of having you here physically is incomparable.” He placed a kiss on her lips.

They spent the remaining hours laughing and talking about anything and everything, cuddling and casually kissing with no care in the world about whomever around them that might take a picture or gossiping about them. They were in their own world. They didn’t even notice Yonghwa’s assistant and stylist when they approaching them.

“Good evening. Attention to passengers on EVA Air, flight BR 520 to Taipei. The departure gate has open. The flight will be leaving from Gate 10. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you.”

“That’s us. Cuddling time is up, guys. We’ll wait you at the gate.” Yonghwa’s assistant said as he picked up his backpack and flashed a smile to the couple. He left to the departure gate with the stylist followed suit.

Yonghwa sighed upon hearing the announcement. “It’s time for me to go.” He said to his girlfriend. Seohyun was reluctantly stood up and helped fixing her boyfriend outfit. “I’ll text you once I touchdown. You take care, okay.” He hugged her with one arm.

“You too. Don’t skip your meal and don’t overwork.” She said, enveloping her arms around his waist. Concern was evident in her voice. She suddenly felt a pang of a strange feeling in her heart.

“Don’t worry. Besides, I’m just leaving for twelve days. You’ll be so busy to miss me.” He said teasingly.

She glanced up at him. “I will be busy, but I will still miss you. Do you not miss me when I’m away?”

“Of course I will miss you. You have no idea how badly I miss you.”

“Exactly how I feel.” She beamed at him.

“And I will definitely miss you for the coming twelve days. I have to go now.” He pecked a kiss on her forehead and brushed the back of her hair softly.

She nodded as hugged him tighter, buried her face on his chest. The uneasy feeling she felt earlier was getting stronger. It was hard for her to let him go. “Can we stay like this for a minute? Just give me a minute.” She mumbled.

He let out a chuckle. “You’re clingy tonight. What’s wrong?” He encircled his arms around her shoulder and rested his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter