~Oh Hello There Shiny Wings~

Destined For Many, Dying For One

"Everyone gather round!" A guard exclaimed. All of the mint haired and mint colored winged fairies did as they were told, gathering around the main ceremonial stage.

Peering over the corner was a stressed Yoongi, still holding that expression of guilt, fear and pain. He sighs in silence until a loud, "Prince Yoongi!" was heard from the other side.

Yoongi comes out, immediately bombarded with greetings from his people. All he could do was fake a smile and greet everyone back. He honestly hated being so looked up at. Knowing that, in his opinion, he really wasn't that important to any of his own people.

"There he is." The queen said to the elder beside her, "He looks surprisingly very composed." The elder stayed looking straight, "What did the beacon say when you told him everything about the prophecy?"

"He said nothing at all." Queen Flora replies, "He didn't say a single word when he arrived or when the guards locked him up in a cell. But his reaction doesn't matter, for he is going to die regardless." The elder looks up at his queen, "You say that as if you'll be the one to take the kill. Not your own son."

Queen Flora was about to say something but the elder interrupted her when Yoongi flew forward. “Hey, Prince! How are you feeling?”

“Fine.” Yoongi mumbles, trying to respond in the calmest tone he could make. Queen Flora and the elder did not buy his reply. “I haven’t seen you shake this much since your first Sword Wielding Lesson.” The Queen says, putting her hands on her son’s shoulders.

”I-I’m just excited!” Yoongi exclaims. Queen Flora plays with her sons' jewelry express cupping his face with her palms, “I know you don’t feel fit for this role. And that you’re nervous to do such an action.” She says softly, looking into her son’s eyes, “But I want you to know that you’re not alone and we’re all here to support you.” l

“Everything will be okay once it’s all over with.” Yoongi only nods in response. “Is everybody here?” The queen asks. “All but the lookouts!” Queen Flora nods, ”Good, then we can begin. Gather all the guards.”

”Prince Yoongi...” A guard said. Yoongi turns his abruptly, positive he would get whiplash if it was any faster. “Here’s the Ceremonial Sword.” The guard continues with a bow. Yoongi hesitantly takes it, scraping the sharp part against the rock wall.

Queen Flora glances at Yoongi before facing the crowd once again. “Thank you all for gathering so quickly.” She starts, “Once again, we lost 2 people to the curse last month. Both crushed by falling rocks while on patrol.” Expressions of sorrow fell over everyone’s faces, “One has just become a father while the other was due to be married next week.”

”We were cursed 100 years ago. When one of our past queens slain the mini-god known as Solaris.” The Queen says, “Solaris attacked the queen’s castle unprovoked so she cut a deathly cut down his back with her sword.”

”As she started to walk out. Solaris spoke his last words as he bled to his death.”

“You will regret killing me.” 

“My Blood is a poison that will ruin the life of your people forever.”

”Their bodies will be covered in wounds and scars.”

 “Until There is nothing left.”

”Feel my Hatred...”

”And SUFFER.”

”Ever since then, Our population has dropped from Twenty Thousand. To a few hundred. And I can’t bear having it drop any lower.” The queen said, “No matter how many precautions we take. The curse remained.”

Queen Flora opens her eyes, “However, our ancestors shared a prophecy. One where a Prince without scars will stop the curse with the blood of the beacon.”

”You must’ve all heard about the beacon arriving at our castle suddenly. Today is the day you’ve all been waiting for.” Yoongi stiffened up, “Today, the Prince will complete his role in the prophecy.” His mother told her people, “No more Pain, No More Fear, We’ll be of the same existence as every other castle.” The Queen’s expression softened, “That’s what I wanted to say beforehand, let’s put this curse to an end.”

Cheers of agreement came out from the crowd, cheering multiple statements about ending the curse. But this only put Yoongi under bigger stress as he gripped on the sword tighter, in deep thought.

”Yoongi.” Queen Flora says, snapping the mint haired boy out of his thoughts, “To endure that the Prophecy stays uninterrupted, You will be going into the dungeon alone. We won’t follow you.” 

“The sword had a long reach. Just slip it through the bars and the beacon can’t touch you.” She informs, “We’re counting on you.”

~

After the ceremony had ended, Yoongi started to make his way towards the dungeons. He clenched his teeth, running his hands through his hair, Just get it over with. He thought to himself, It’ll be over by the time it starts.

A bright light was illuminating a certain cell. Yoongi squints his eyes and flies a little closer. He peers into the Cell and immediately he feels strong guilt towards the fairy in front of him. His wings were shining bright golden and his hair was a beautiful chocolate brown.

As Yoongi inched closer to get a better look, the fairy had turned his head. Eyes widening in realization as the two made eye contact, staring at each other in complete shock.

Yoongi then comes back to his senses and retreats from inside the bars, banging his head on one of them in the process. The golden-winged fairy looks at Yoongi in sadness.

"So you're the one who has to kill me..."