The Broken-hearted Prince

The Blind Date

 

 

Two months ago...

 

After finishing a fashion photo shoot, Kim Jaejoong excused himself first after reading the text coming from someone special. The text read that the person wanted to meet him at an exclusive café on the outskirts of Seoul City. It would be best that way to not cause a commotion and get caught by paparazzi.

 

 

Jaejoong also chose to use a get–away car that fans aren’t familiar of. He drove by himself for almost an hour. As he was getting close, he couldn’t contain his excitement and was smiling like a Cheshire cat. This is the day – the day for her to decide our destiny!

 

 

“What took you so long?” An irritated greeting welcomed him.

 

 

She purposely avoided the kiss on the cheek he was about to give. “I have been waiting for almost three hours, Jae!”

 

 

This caught him off-guard. Ji Hye wasn’t usually like this.

 

 

“Mianhe! The photo shoot ended a bit late than expected. I drove my way here as fast as I could but got caught in traffic.” He reached out for her hand.

 

 

“What can I do to make it up to you?” He lovingly looks at her face and flashes his teasing boyish grin.

 

 

Ji Hye’s gaze traveled from their intertwined hands to his eyes. “None.” She gave him a cold blank stare.

 

 

“Ha...ha...ha” An awkward laugh escaped from Jaejoong’s lips. “You’re just kidding me, right?”

 

 

He, then, scooped both of her hands and let them caress his cheeks. His facial expression turned serious and his eyes intense with emotion. “Saranghae, Ji Hye-ah,” he whispered.

 

 

A tear escaped her eye and then another. She forcefully pulled her hands away as if she felt disgusted. “No, Jae.” She shook her head and wiped her tears.

 

 

“It’s over. I don’t like you anymore. I’m in love somebody else. Mianhe.” She stood up and left.

 

 

Jaejoong’s head fell in defeat. He was staring at his palms that once held her beautiful hands. What did just happen? He couldn’t find in his mind the reason why.

 

 

“Sir, coffee?” A waiter asked him.

 

 

This awakened him from his trance. “Ah. Yes. Black coffee, please.”

 

 

“Okay, Sir, right away.” The waiter bowed and left to serve his order.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Kim Jaejoong was driving back to Seoul when his phone rang.

 

 

“Oh, Chun-ah~ Why did you call? Did you miss me already? Hahaha...” He said and faking a laugh.

 

 

“Babo, I don’t! Hahaha... Besides, we just saw each other a while back at the photo shoot. Wait, have you seen the news?” Park Yoochun casually asked him.

 

 

“Aniyo, I’m still driving back to Seoul. I’ll be home in half an hour.” He replied.

 

 

“Did you meet her?” His soulmate, on the other line, sounded astonished.

 

 

“Hmm... Neh. Wae?” His forehead creased and asked back confused.

 

 

“That woman got engaged last week. I couldn’t believe it myself and you’re still seeing her!” He exhaled noisily upon hearing it.

 

 

“Chun-ah, don’t worry. It’s over. I just ended my insanity of wanting her.” He inhaled deeply. “She confessed that she loves somebody else.”

 

 

Yoochun can’t help but get worried over his long time friend. “Are you okay? Want to drink it out?”

 

 

“I’ll take a pass, Chun-ah. I’d like to take some rest. It’s been a tough day.”

 

 

“Arasso. I won’t persuade you any longer. Do rest well. Kkeuneulkke~” Then, the call ended.

 

 

His phone beeped once again. It was a text message from Kim Junsu – “Be strong! Everything will be okay. I’m just here when you need me.” Chongmal, are these two telepathic?

 

 

Although he had been upset of the unexpected turn of events, his two friends never fail him with their support. He gets a reason to smile, even for a while.

 

 

“Soon, I’d get over this broken state. Yes, you will Kim Jaejoong!” He convinced himself earnestly.

 

 

“In time, I’ll find someone better.” He repeats this statement like some mantra that’ll save his life.

 

 

However, at the end of the day, it can’t be denied he’s still heartbroken.

 

 

  

Ah~melancholy! I feel it embracing me... It’s been a long while since I had time driving around town.

I had time today to rest and reflect. I chose to leave the burden and carry on with a light heart.

For tomorrow will be a new beginning, a reason to be happy. Good밤^^

 

 


 

 

 

Kim Jaejoong, instead of sulking, busied himself to JYJ’s activities. It would be the best way to positively channel his depression and live normally. He’s determined to be optimistic especially regarding matters of the heart – love.

 

 

One night...

 

Jaejoong, left with nothing to do, browsed his Twitter account. He planned to post something but hasn’t decided what it’s all about. Hmm... What would interest my fans?

 

 

While he was thinking and conceptualizing, a pop-up window suddenly appeared on the screen. This made him raise his brow.

 

 

Before he could entirely close the window, the ad flashed a picture that sparked his curiosity. Omo!