Flashback and Confrontation

The Blind Date

 

I have to make this important announcement.

I won't be able to update from this chapter onwards due to personal reasons.

But I assure you, I will be back, in months time, to finish this fic.

Hope you'll still support this fic 'til the end.

 


 

 

“I… Isignedyouupinadatingwebsite.” Seungri replied in one breath.

 

 

“Wae?” Dara asked with teeth clenched.

 

 

Gaining some courage, Seungri explained trying to meet his Noona’s deadly glare. “I… I just wanted to help you get a date since nobody has yet took courage to ask you out.”

 

 

He continued, his fingers fidgeting. “Also, I got worried with you admitting to the world that your dating genes have died.” Now, he wanted to cry.

 

 

Dara’s usual soft voice roared tremendously with anger. “Seriously, I’d never thought that someone like you would do such a stupid thing!”

 

 

“Don’t you know what happened after you signed me up to that ridiculous site?” She paced through the hallway and threw her hands mid-air.

 

 

“Of course, you wouldn’t! You were even so happy to tell it to me today!” She ended her statement sarcastically.

 

 

Seungri stood frozen, unable to speak. He kept his head down all the while Dara was talking. Inside him, he felt pressure like he’s at court sentenced to death. Heavens, save me! *sobs*

 

 

(Flashback)

 

“Dara-sshi, I’m so sorry for the disturbance.” The PR person bends to catch his breath. “It’s just that something came up.” He clasped his hand to his chest, still panting.

 

 

Dara allowed him some time before asking. “What is it, Ahjussi?” Worry was obvious in her voice.

 

 

“By any chance, Dara-sshi, do you know a dating website called I-Date?” He asked politely as he regains his composure.

 

 

“Ani, Ahjussi. I haven’t encountered such site yet.” She looked puzzled and replied with all honesty.

 

 

“Now, it’s clear that you haven’t signed up for that site yourself. What a relief!” The worried look on the PR person’s face was replaced with a smile and continued.

 

 

“Unfortunately, someone did and claimed your identity. That person uploaded some of your photos and revealed information that would make everybody believe it’s you.” He gets his I-Pad and shows the poser’s profile.

 

 

“Not only that, the site’s servers crashed yesterday due to the great influx of male registrants whether local or international. With this overwhelming response, I-date created an ad which features you, Dara-sshi.” He shows her the ad.

 

 

 

 

Dara only shook her head in disappointment. WTH did this?!

 

 

“We haven’t discovered it until awhile ago when netizens have started posting different articles on their blogs regarding this I-Date ad. It has spread like wildfire and very alarming. Moreover, a lot of haters and bashers had feasted on this false account dragging the name of YG to this issue.” He sighed.

 

 

“I don’t know what to say… I’m really shocked!” It was all Dara could say.  What concerned her more was YG-sajangnim. “Has this matter reached sajangnim?”

 

 

“Yes, it did. That’s why I was sent to ask about this issue. Don’t worry, everyone in the PR Department has been working hard to stop further damage and finally end the malicious articles spreading throughout the web.” He assured her. “Later this afternoon, President Yang will release an official statement to clear out your name, Dara-sshi.”

 

 

“Kamsahamnida, Ahjussi! I will forever express my gratitude to you for your help!” She sincerely bowed and extended her hand for a handshake.

 

 

“It’s my duty, Dara-sshi. Everything will be okay.” The PR person bade goodbye.

 

(End of Flashback)

 

 

“Seungri, did I ask you to do that thing for me?”

 

 

“No.”

 

 

“Now, is this the kind of help you wanted to offer me; making me a disgrace to YG Entertainment, especially to 2NE1?”

 

 

“No.”

 

 

“Today…” She breathed. “I became the nation’s great laughing stock and my haters are ganging up on me, celebrating my idiocracy! What else have you done and made me become to add on my list? Huh, Seungri?” She crossed her arms across her chest.

 

 

Seungri gulped all the saliva he needs. “There’s one more thing that I haven’t told you yet. It was supposed to be a surprise but everything’s not happening the way I planned it.”

 

 

Dara felt it’s as if her ears are ringing and massaged her temples. “Seungri, just get to the point, will you? I can’t stand the suspense! What is it this time?”

 

 

“I’ve found you a date!” Seungri said with all enthusiasm.

 

 

Dara retorted back. “So, this time, you just made me become an easy woman! How good of you Seungri! Next time, don’t ever try to help me ever again.”

 

 

He continued. “Shin Jae Joon… Do you know him? He seems to know you very well.”

 

 

Upon hearing the name of the person she was set on a blind date with, Dara’s heart skipped a beat. She couldn’t find a word to describe how she felt after hearing that name. It’s as if something had touched her heart. I think I've heard that name somewhere.

 

 

*Sfx: Birds chirping* He found his favorite Noona with a blank expression. “Yah! Noona, what’s with that expression?”

 

 

“Wait, did you just say Shin Jae Joon? Have you ever had the slightest idea who that person is and just trust him? Now, I’m seeing a gullible Seungri in front of me! I thought you were better than that.” Dara said upon waking up from her trance.

 

 

“Okay, okay. I’m really sorry for all the trouble I’ve cost you. I’ll cancel the blind date that I’ve painstakingly arranged you with.” Seungri made a pitiful expression he knows Dara couldn’t resist.

 

 

Looking at him, with that disappointed look, Dara’s heart cringed. “Don’t give me that panda face.”

 

 

Seungri started to leave, still wearing that long face.

 

 

“I’ll give this date a try…” She quickly said. “Since I pity the person with whom you promised the date with.”

 

 

With that said, Seungri lifted Dara from the ground. “Chincha, Noona? I knew you would eventually agree.”

 

 

“Yah, put me down!” She ordered him.


 

He put her down and gave her a tight hug. “Thank you so much! You made me happy!”

 

 

“Don’t celebrate just yet. You’re not forgiven. You have to fix this issue.” He released her from the hug.

 

 

“I know, I know I shouldn’t be asking for your help but this is your fault.” She points to his chest. “And, before this day ends, you have to tell me everything you’ve done. I need details, especially on that Shin Jae Joon. Arasso?”

 

 

“Neh, but can you just forgive me, Noona? I’ll promise to be good to you.” Seungri begged with his hands clasped together. “If you want, I’ll become servant for the rest of your life.”

 

 

Dara raised a brow. “That’s not the point, Seungri. Just deal with it. Afterall, you deserve to be punished.” She then pinched one of his ears.

 

 

“Ouch, Noona! Do you really have to do that?” Seungri groaned.

 

 

Bom, overhearing their conversation, smiled from ear-to-ear. The fact that her bestfriend considers dating makes her happy and proud. Way to go, Dara! I’m excited for you! She giggled discreetly.