The Sentence

LeSol Oneshots

Whenever LE was stressed about their songs, she would sometimes cry.

“It’s ok, it’s ok. You’re doing your best. We know that, Hyojin.” Solji always comforted her, rubbing her back. “Let’s take a short break.” LE shook her head.

“No, I can’t take a break now when the deadline is so close.”

“And there’s no point in producing music if the director isn’t there to direct the recording, nor do the recording herself. Right?” Solji said, and LE had no choice but to give in. They’ve had similar conversations several times. And Solji was always there.

“I’m sorry, unnie. You must have better things to do than always saying the same things to me.” Solji just shook her head with a smile. She spoke a single sentence, and LE could never say anything against that.

 

Whenever LE was frustrated, she would sometimes throw objects in her rage.

“Argh!” LE flung a cushion at the wall, hitting it with a rather loud thump.

“Calm down, Hyojin. It doesn’t help to keep throwing your stuff like that.” Solji always stopped her.

“It’s not like you know how I feel!” LE yelled.

“Yes, I don’t, but I don’t want you to accidentally hurt yourself. So why don’t you come here and let me give you a massage?” As soon as Solji began the massage, LE relaxed and instantly felt guilty.

“I’m sorry for shouting at you, unnie. You don’t deserve that.” Solji just hummed in response.

“It’s ok. I know you don’t mean it.”

“The next time I’m frustrated, you should stay away. What if I hurt you by accident next time?” LE’s eyes were downcast, filled with guilt. Solji paused for a while, spoke the sentence again, and continued the massage.

 

Whenever LE was troubled, she would rant. Solji always listened to her.

“But what if my songs aren’t good enough?”

“Don’t worry, we trust you, Hyojin. All you have to do is enjoy yourself as you write your songs. A heartfelt song will always deliver its message to the audience.” LE ranted further, and Solji continued to encourage her. Afterwards, LE smiled, clearly feeling better.

“Thank you for listening to me, unnie. I’m sorry for taking up your time like this.” Solji shook her head and spoke the sentence once again.

 

Whenever they fought, LE would lock herself in her room. Solji would always give her time to calm down, sitting outside her door.

“Have you calmed down?” LE looked up at the voice that had spoken as soon as she stepped out of her room. Solji stood there, smiling.

“Yeah. I’m really sorry, unnie. I said some insensitive things back there.” Solji shook her head.

“It’s alright, Hyojin. I’m sorry too, for saying something so horrible to you. Do you want some Hot Chocolate?” LE nodded, before sighing.

“I’m sorry, unnie. You shouldn’t have to put up with me like this. Don’t you ever get tired of dealing with me?” Solji looked back to her, smiled, and spoke the sentence.

Solji was always there. LE could never understand why Solji still stuck with her regardless of what she did or say. But everytime LE expressed her guilt, Solji always shut her up with the same single sentence.

 


 

LE walked through the hospital corridors, her destination clear in her mind. She entered the room, only to see Solji sitting up in bed. Her eyes were red and puffy, clearly having been crying.

“Hyojin… Why are you here?” LE smiled softly as she held up a bag.

“I figured you’d be lonely, so I came to keep you company.” Solji shook her head.

“You always come to see me in your free time. You always listen to me as I rant. You always comfort me when I cry. You always encourage me when I feel down. You always calm me down when I feel frustrated. Don’t you have a comeback coming up soon? You must be so busy and tired. You don’t have to always stay with me for my sake.” LE shook her head with a smile, putting down her things as she walked over to her bed and held Solji’s hand in her own.

“It’s alright, unnie. I come to see you because I want to. And besides…” LE looked into Solji’s eyes with nothing but love and adoration in her eyes. Her smile widened as she thought of the same sentence that Solji always spoke to her.

“No matter what you say or what you do, when I’m alone I'd rather be with you."