New Neighbor

Another Chance

Min got out of the elevator she walked down the hall and noticed the last two doors one was Apartment 16 and the other was apartment 17.  She went to her apartment and opened the door. As she walked she saw the place was furnished with basic things she had asked the manager to get for her. There was a sofa and coffee table in the living room, and a small bed with a drawer in the bedroom.

Min thought- looks good, there is nothing else i need to add

She took her suitcases in the bedroom and started to unpack all her clothes and belongings. She filled the closet and the drawer then she noticed a picture frame  at the bottom of her suitcase. It was a picture of her and her mom hugging each other.  She starred at it, she felt her eyes watering up she took the picture and stuffed it under her clothes in one of the drawers. She reached for her purse and took out a pill bottle. She took two pills out and put them in she took her water bottle and drank some water swallowing the pills. Min shook her head "its done now there is no more reason to think about it"  min reassured herself.

She looked into her purse and took out a white envelope.

"there is not that much money left" min said to her self  stuffing the money back in the envelope and putting it back into her purse" good thing I already arranged a part time job teaching English"

Min thought about it and knew that the part time job will not be enough for her to survive on her own. She thought tomorrow ill go look around for another job that way ill have enough money and keep my self busy with two jobs

Min finished unpacking and arranging her stuff in the bedroom. She started to get sleepy " the medication is kicking in" slurred min who slumped on the bed. Even though it was only four in the afternoon she had been tired from the long plane ride and the sleeping pills she took knocked her out in a couple of minutes.

Min started to dream about the accident. She started to toss and turn. In her dream min was trying to pull her mom out of the car but couldn't. She tried her hardest to reach her but it seemed every time she got near her mom would get further.

"MOM" screamed min as she jumped up. Min realized she was dreaming and started to come her self down "it was just a dream, it was just a dream". Min looked at her watch and it was 8:00pm. Min touched her stomach as it started to growl.

"Maybe I should get something to eat" she said realizing she hadn't ate anything all day. She walked to the kitchen still dazed from the medication and opened the fridge it was empty.

Min thought should I get something from outside, what if I get lost

Min said loudly "I should go I have to start getting used to this place and taking care of my self"

Determined min grabbed her purse and started to leave she was still a little drowsy but she thought once she gets something to eat she will feel better, plus shes walking so she should be fine. She walked out her place and started to walk when she noticed her neighbors door opened as well and out walked Joon and Mir. They all stopped in the hall way looking at each other.

Mir shouted " Joon hyung that girl is your new neighbor"

Joon just rolled his eyes and turned around to lock his door. While Mir smiled at Min

-Mins POV-

 I have got to have the worst luck in the world out of all the people they had to be in the same building. And now he's  my neighbor.

Min looked down and passed the two guys.  She reached the elevator and pressed the botton she was hoping the elevator would open before the guys reached her but it didn't.

Now all three were waiting for the elevator. As the door opened min walked first while the other two followed behind. Min was standing on one side of the elevator and Joon and Mir were standing on the other side. Although the elevator was small there was still some distance between min and  the boys. Mir had noticed min walking  drowsily down the wall and now that he could see her up close he knew something was wrong.

He turned to Joon and whispered "Hyung I think she's drunk"

Joon turned to Mir and whispered "who cares and stay quiet"

Mir looked back at Min he felt sad, he wanted to help but decided to listen to Joon.

The elevator door opened and Joon walked out first cutting min off. Min looked up slightly annoyed but just kept walking out to the lobby. Mir came out last and started to walk by min. 

"Hi" said Mir

Min continued ignoring Mir and tried to walk faster. Mir kept up to her speed and said " are you drunk"

Min stopped they were outside, in front of their apartment now she turned and faced Mir and said loudly "are you stupid cant you see I don't want to talk to you"

Joon heard min and turned around to see what was going on.

Mir was startled by Mins loud voice and replied "I was just worried"

Min started to get mad she felt her drowsiness leaving and now she was alert.

"worried" min said sarcastically

"I don't need you to worry about me okay just leave me alone" scream Min. She was so angry now that without realizing Min shoved Mir with extreme force.

Mir fell to the floor which surprised min. She didn't mean to push him. She bend down and started to give her hand to pull him up but stopped midway and took her hand back. She didn't want to be friendly because she didn't want to be friends with anyone here. She just wanted to be alone.

Joon saw this and got furious.. That's it he thought she went to far

She turned to start walking and noticed Joon walking towards her angrily.

"what is your problem" Joon yelled

Min just kept walking which frustrated Joon more, He grabbed her arm and pulled her back as she was trying to walk away. 

"I'm talking to you....." Joon continued to say

Min felt her arm being pulled she looked towards Joon. As he was talking she tried to loosen his grip but he was too strong.

"What's your problem I said" Joon looked at min.

Meanwhile Mir saw Joon grab Min's arm hard so he got up as quick as he can and ran towards them

"Hyung what are you doing" Mir said pointing at Joons hand grabbing Min "Your hurting her"

Joon looked down and let go which made min fall on the floor since she was trying to pull her arm out of Joons grip.

Min just stayed on the floor. She felt her tears coming down her face and didn't want anyone to see her cry.

Mir went to help her but Joon grabbed him and "Just leave her alone"  and pulled Mir to continue walking.

Mir complained "but hyung she might be hurt" while he looked back towards Min.

Joon stopped and turned he saw Min was still on the floor.

He felt bad and thought Maybe I went to far, she's just a girl

He walked back and bent down  "I'm sorry" he said. He put his hands on Mins arms and tried to pull her up and noticed she was crying he froze.

Min noticed that Joon was still holding on to her so she turned her face and pulled herself away and ran back to towards the lobby.

Joon got up and just stood there and watched Min run back to their apartments

-Joons POV-

She was crying... She was crying because of me... I made her cry.....