Escaping Reality

Another Chance

"Mom, mom please get up say something please" cried min while shaking her mom.

Min saw that her mom was covered with blood and was not moving. she looked around she could hear people screaming. She smelled gas and smoke.  She felt someone pull her out of the wrecked car. She realized it was the fireman.

"Please help my mom" min screamed to the fireman

"we will miss, but  you need to get checked you've been injured" said the fireman while pointing to mins forehead.

Min didn't realize she was also injured she touched her face and her hand was covered with blood. She looked hopelessly to the fireman and said "please my mom, shes not responding". As she was talking min passed out.

The fireman quickly took min and put her on the stretcher in the ambulance. The ambulance left to the hospital. The next morning min woke up. Her body ached all over. She looked around and realized she was in the hospital. She started to remember what happened late yesterday night, she remembered that she was driving with her mom. While driving mins phone started to ring she tried to get it but it slipped she looked down to try to see where it fell. They were getting near a busy intersection and the light had turned red before min could look up to realize she just took the red light a car slammed into the passenger side which caused Mins SUV to roll over.

When she started to recall last nights events of what happened min started to panic. she remembered how her mom was seriously injured.

Min screamed "nurse nurse where is my mom"

Min tried getting up but the nurses ran and and tried to calm min down. Min screamed "where is my mom, is she ok, I want to see her"

The nurses looked at each other and didn't know what to say. The head nurse looked at min and said " I'll get the doctor right away to talk to you"

A few minutes later the doctor came and said " Min I'm your doctor you were in a terrible accident yesterday"

" I know where is my mom" screamed min

The doctor placed his hand on Min's shoulder "Min I'm sorry your mom didn't make it, we tried our best to revive but she had died on impact...."

Mins mind went blank she couldn't believe what the doctor was saying. In her head she kept replaying the accident scene. Tears were running down Min's face. The doctor shook her shoulder lightly "...min do you understand whats going?". Min came back to reality and started crying loudly and hysterically.

"NO... mom... .Its all my fault its all my fault" min cried.

The doctor and the nurses tried to calm her down as much as they could.

 

- Two months later-

Min couldn't handle losing her mom after weeks of therapy she just wanted to give up. Everything she did every where she looked it reminded her of her mom. She could not handle the guilt of causing her mom's death so she decided to leave the States and go to a place where no one knew her. Where nothing would remind her of her mom's tragic lost.

Flight 213 to South Korea is now boarding.

Min looked up and turned to her friend Suzy "well thats me" min said sadly

Suzy looked at her with a worried face " Are sure your going to go through with this, I mean cant you stay, At least you have me here to be with you. You don't know anyone in Korea "

-Min POV-

thats exactly why i want to go. I don't want to see anyone I know. I just want to be invisible, so i don't have to be reminded about anything that happened. Everything here reminds me of my mom and the time we spent together doing all the stuff we loved to do.

"I'll be fine" min said as she got up and went to board her plane. Min looked back and waved good bye to her childhood friend Suzy

Suzy sadly waved back

-Suzy's POV-

She's never been the same since the accident and now shes just running away from it, I wonder if she will be okay by herself.

--------------------------------

Min finally arrived to Korea. She got her suitcases and left the airport. She looked around everything was so unfamiliar to her. She took out a folded piece of paper that had an address on it she took a deep breath and  waved to a taxi. She got in and gave the man the address that was written on the paper.

The man smiled and said " OK miss"

Min just looked the other way. The taxi man noticed the sadness in Min's face. Concerned he asked " Miss is everything ok"

Min looked up expressionless and said "Sir please pay attention to the road" while putting on her earphones. The taxi man thought Min was just a rude person so he gave her a dirty look and continued driving. After thirty minutes they pulled up to an apartment building. Min gave the cab driver money and took out her suitcases.

"This is it" min told her self "Your new home Lee minyoung"

She dragged her luggage to the mangers office to pick up her keys. She went in and said " I'm Lee Minyoung I talked to you over the phone"

The old lady looked up and said "oh yes the girl from the states right"

Min nodded

"Here are your keys your apartment is number 17 on the second floor you could use the elevator in main lobby  " said the old lady

"Would you like help...." but before the manager could finish Min took the keys and started to head towards the lobby.

-Lobby-

Min walked in the lobby and noticed it was huge . She also noticed a bunch of guys hanging around the lobby near the elevator.

 

Great just what I needed a bunch of Idiots with nothing to do -Min Thought

One of the guys noticed Min and thought wow thats a lot of stuff to carry for a girl, shes so small, I wonder if she needs help??

The guy noticed min walking toward them so he asked "Hi I'm Mir, do you need some help?"

Min didn't even look at him she just walked past him like if he didn't even exist and pushed the elevator button.

The other guys started to laugh at Mir except for one of the guys who looked mad.

" Seung Ho hyung its not funny" whined Mir

" Yes it is" said G.O and Thunder at the same time which caused Seung Ho , G.O and Thunder to laugh more.

Seung Ho looked at the other guy that was not laughing and said " Joon it was funny right?"

Joon just looked at min as she walked into the elevator with a cold expression and said " NO that was rude, who does she think she is"

Min  didn't looked at Joon even though she heard what he said she just pressed the button for the 2nd floor.

As the door closed min thought- what ever I'm not here to make friends

 

 

A/N Okay so what do you guys think??? I know it was short and fast,  a lot of things happened in this chapter but i mostly want to focus on min and joons relationship  in this story so i kind of sped things up a bit.