| Chapter 04 |

One Last Love

Michael watched Amber sleep. Amber was dreaming about her beautiful memories with her and Henry together...

*flashback*

She remembered her sad days at training when some of the trainees would laugh at her and talk about her appearance behind her back. Then she remembered how that one time, Henry defended her and all those other trainees finally stopped talking about her...

..

"Ha-ha!" one of the trainees laughed; pointing at Amber. "Is she lesbo, or --"

"Hey." Henry suddenly interrupted, speaking in Korean. "Shut up."

"What?"

"You heard me. You don't know her. You shouldn't judge a person by looks or anything. You're just some shallow freak."

The trainee's eyes were wide open like Amber's. Henry walked toward Amber and smiled. "Hey," he said to her. "wanna go get some ice-cream?"

"Sure." Amber replied casually; not showing her astonishment and shock. She stood up and walked beside Henry, outside the practice room; outside the building. And they raced to the nearest ice cream shop, laughing and and tripping slightly all the way.

*end of flashback*

Amber's eyes were still closed, and she didn't know that Michael was watching her. A tear fell out of her eye. It hurt her so much to recall all those memories, but she still wanted to anyway...

*flashback*

"Race you to the basketball court!" Henry called out, grabbing his sportsbag and running to the basketball court

"You're on!" Amber yelled back, throwing her jacket off, grabbing her sportsbag and running after Henry; laughing all the way.

A few blocks later...

"Ha! I win!" Henry yelled once he finally reached the basketball court.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious!" Amber laughed.

"And I bet I'll beat you this time! In this basketball game!"

"Nah, you'll never beat the Awesome Amber!"

"We'll see about that!"

Amber the timer and they started playing.

And after two minutes, when the game was finally over, Amber won.

"Why are you letting me win?" she asked Henry.

"I'm not, Amber."

"It's pretty obvious that you are. I know a person who purposely loses when I see them play."

"Well.. It's cause... I like seeing you happy". Henry replied, blushing slightly.

Amber blushed as well but quickly went back to normal Amber. "Real play this time. Don't let me win."

Henry nodded and they played; and of course, Amber won.

"Thank you." she had said to him.

"For?"

"Playing a real game."

"You're welcome~"

"Race you back to the SME building!!" Henry yelled, wiping sweat off his forehead and running back to the SME building.

"Heck! You're on!" Amber yelled back, running after him.

*end of flashback*

Amber's heart was hurting even more with that thought. She felt a finger touch the corner of her eye; wiping a small tear off. She quickly opened her eyes and saw Michael just staring at her face-- as if though he were in a trance-- wiping her tears dry.

"Michael!? What are you doing?!" she asked.

"You..." he stammered. "You f-fell asleep and you were crying and--"

"I wasn't crying!"

"O-okay.."

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

"You were so peaceful and calm in your sleep. I didn't want to wake you up... I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Let's just go watch the movie."

"Yeah."

"Instead of that Attack on the Pin-Up Boys.. Can we just watch something else?"

"O-okay.."

Michael fixed up the DVD Player and the movie started playing. It was a Taiwanese Romance about a woman and a man who are in love with each other, and who are forced to part ways for twenty years. They promise each other to stay in love no matter what the consequences are.

Amber's mind was somewhere far away however; as opposed to Michael, who was watching with deep interest.

*flashback: SMTOWN*

"Hey. Get up on my shoulders." Henry said with a smile.

"Why?" Amber asked.

"For fun~~"

"Aish, Henry."

Amber got up on his shoulders and Henry walked to the middle of the stage...

And spun her around.

Amber was giggling; blushing slightly. Henry was laughing. They got lost in their own little world for a while...

Henry finally put her down. Amber wobbled slightly; and nearly fell down...

But Henry caught her in his arms.

And they both blushed...

*end of flashback*

Amber was teary eyed. Michael looked at her and asked her, "Amber, are you okay?"

"Yeah," she replied. "this movie's just really sad and stuff."

"Yeah."

Then Amber's head got lost in the memories once again.

*flashback: Someday at Christmas*

"Hey Amber?" Henry said, zipping up his winter jacket."

"Yeah?" she asked.

"Since it's Christmas... Coud we uhm..."

"Yeah?"

"Could we... sing a Christmas song together? I already asked Mr. Lee and Mr. Kim and they said yeah. Then... Who else could I do the duet with, other than you? You're my best friend..."

"Sure~ I wouldn't mind doing a duet with you."

"Let's go to Starbucks now, eh?"

"Sure~."

They walked outside, playing with the snow, tackling each other, laughing all the way to Starbucks. Snow was all over their clothes, but they still had wide smiles and eyesmiling eyes on their facces.

Then Amber pushed Henry and ran inside Starbucks. "Hey!" Henry yelled, dusting off the snow on his clothes and running to Amber."

And he hugged her from behind.

And Amber blushed...

"Go get a place for us to sit. I'll order the drinks"

"Sure."

*end of flashback*

Amber sniffled. Thankfully, it was already the part of the movie when the woman dies and the man doesn't find out about it, so she had a good reason to cry.

Michael put his arm around Amber.

What the heck are you doing?, she wanted to yell, but she couldn't, because somehow, she enjoyed it.

*flashback: Movie Time with Henry: A Tale of Two Sisters*

Amber screamed and covered her eyes. Gosh! That part always got to her.

Henry put his arm around her shoulder...

And Amber felt safer in his arms; snuggling to him.

*end of flashback*

Michael's arm felt exactly like Henry's. Of course it did. Most arms feel the same. Unless you're extemely hairy or hairless but that's not the point.

Amber couldn't take it.

"Hey Michael." she said. "I'm kinda tired. I'll just go to my room and sleep."

"O-okay..." He replied, quickly removing his arm from Amber. "I'll wheel you over there?"

"No thanks." she replied, quickly transferring herself to the wheelchair and wheeling over to her room, letting her tears fall; locking the door...

--

Author's Notes:

Heyyo! Finally an update! I lost the notebook at school then I found it but some of the pages were torn up so I had to make this entire new thing, which of course I think is better than the original. Ha-ha~ I'll update after I eat early dinner! Tell me what you think of this chapter, and happy reading! :)