| Chapter 03 |

One Last Love

"I wonder how Henry's doing..." Amber thought aloud. "Should I give him a call?"

No, Amber. A voice in her head whispered. You'll miss him more.

"But won't I miss him even more if I don't call him?"

Just don't call him.

"Why?"

Just don't.

Amber sighed and logged onto her Baidu. Ugh. I can't even update. i'll just stalk Henry's Baidu, she thought..

Stop!! Don't you dare!!, the voice in her head yelled. Stalk someone else! Don't go on Baidu or Weibo!

"What!? Why!!?" Amber yelled, getting pissed off at the voice in her head.

Just don't!

"Twitter then."

Not that either! You know Henry has Twitter!

"Shut up, you little piece of crap."

I may be a piece of crap, but you have to follow me! You might get hurt if you don't.

"How!? How will I get hurt if I don't follow you?"

It's hard to explain to close-minded people like you. Just follow me.

"Fine, stupid piece of talking crap in my head."

Good girl.

Amber rolled her eyes.

"Amber!! It's Kibum!" Jackie called.

"Wh-what!?" Amber yelled, slightly confused. Kibum? Whodat?, she thought.

"Some guy called Key or Kibum is calling you on the phone. He sounds gay."

"Oh! Him! Tell him to wait a sec."

Amber fixed up her wheelchair and wheeled herself to the telephone.

"Hello?" she said, speaking into the phone.

"Amber!!" Key yelled excitedly. It kind of sounded like he was jumping up and down.

"Kibum! How are you?"

"NEVER MIND ABOUT ME!" He said, suddenly sounding like a concerned mother. "What about you? Are you healing fast? Are you walking already?"

"Calm down, calm down" Amber chuckled. "My leg will heal in about five months. My arm? Approximately six. Seven at the most. Doc said they were really bad. And I have to stay here for some bonding time with my friends here in the States, just like a break."

"Geez Amber. I'm really sorry. I should've been more careful in driving. I should've really looked--"

"Kibum, it's not your fault. I'll be home soon. Don't pressure yourself so much and--"

"I was so reckless and--"

"Ki~~ Bum!! I want to be happy when I'm talking to someone I miss! Please, don't pressure yourself. Now how are you?"

"Argh. Fine. I'm fine, thanks. What are you doing?"

"Nothing. Just trying my best not to go crazy."

"Haha! I hope you're back soon anyways, man! Oh, Jonghyun wants to talk to you, by the way."

"Why?"

"He's your Dino brother, isn't he?"

"Right. Get him on the phone."

"Amber!" A different voice yelled. 

"Jonghyun!" 

"Yo dino sibling! Wassup man?"

"Oh bro, I'm good. You?"

"I'm okayish. I miss you, yo!"

"Aww man, I miss you too, bro."

"I hope you'll be back in Seoul soon."

"I'll be back in a year."

"That long?! What the heck, man!?"

"Sorry, Jonghyun."

"Nah, it's okay. Take all your time to heal. In fact, take as long as you want! 'Cause I'ma challenge you to a game of basketball, and I wanna play a fair game. And win this time."

"Sure thing, midget."

"Psh. I'm sure to beat you this time."

"That'll happen when pigs start looking up and flying, and when cows start a bakery factory. Or in other words; never."

"Pfft. Ha-ha-ha. Anyways, enjoy your stay there. Come back soon!"

"M'kay, m'kay."

"Gah. I'ma go now. Schedules, ugh. Bye!"

"Good luck, man. Bye!"

Amber hung up, looking happier than ever. She truly missed them so much. Although... she would look happier if she talked to Henry...

"Ei." Peter said, walking up to Amber. "Whodat?"

"Key and Jonghyun." Amber replied. 

"SHINee?"

"Yeh."

"Why don'tcha call Henry?"

"Wh-why!?"

"He's one of your best friends, right?"

"Yeah. He is my best friend, actually."

"That's why you should call him. Here. I have the number. I'ma dial it for you."

Peter pulled out a slip of paper and dialed the number that was written on it. He gave the phone to Amber. "You can thank me later." he whispered, smiling. 

"Hello?" one of the SJ members said in Korean. "Who's this?"

"Kyuhyun?" Amber asked. "It's Amber. Can I speak to--"

"I'll call Henry right away!"

Wha-- how did he know I wanted to talk to Henry? Amber thought. Well, anyways...

"Hello?" a sweet voice in said in English. "A-A-Amber?"

"Henry?" Amber replied, happiness flooding into her veins.

"Amber!! I've missed you. I've missed you so much. I've really, really missed you."

"I've missed you too, Henry! A lot! I've missed you the most!!"

"When'll you be coming back?

"In... In a year..."

Henry's heart sank. A... A year? A whole year?

"Bu~ut~," Amber added. "If I'm lucky, in ten months or something.

"I hope you are. I know you will be, I mean."

"Enough about me, Henry. How are you?"

"I'm happy, Amber." Henry replied, sniffling a bit. "I'm very, very happy."

"Wh--why are you cr--crying?"

"I'm so happy. So, very happy, that I'm crying. Tears of happiness..."

"Henry, you're going to make me cry!"

"Amber, I--"

"I'm sorry, Henry. I have to go now. Talk to you soon, bye."

And Amber quickly hung up before he could even say goodbye.

See? This is why you should listen to this 'little piece of crap', the voice in her head said.

"You're right. I'm hurting him as well." Amber sighed, staring at the phone.

You should save the tears for when you get back to Seoul.

"But--"

Don't even look at that picture of you and Henry on that side table. Put it away

"No!"

Come on, man. It's the only way.

"I'll be motivated by that picture."

No you won't.

"Yes I will."

No you won't.

"Yes I will."

Fine. Let's just see what'll happen. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Amber rolled her eyes in annoyance, and wheeled over to the dining room.

"Hey Amber." Michael said, opening the fridge. "Need anything?"

"Nah." Amber replied, trying her best to conceal her mixed feelings. "Thanks though."

"Want some chocolate?"

"No thanks."

"Wanna go to the park?"

"Not allowed."

"Why not?"

"Press. SM made an excuse that I just had to visit my family. Nobody except SM knows about this accident. And you guys too."

"Right, uhm. Wanna watch a movie or somethin'?"

"Here?"

"Yeh."

"What movie is it?"

"Attack on the Pin-Up Boys? Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Okay, good. I'll fix up the movie and the popcorn. You can relax there in the living room. Just relax. Don't move. Just stay there."

"Err... O-okay?"

Michael smiled creepily at her, and Amber nodded, slightly freaked out with Michael. She wheeled herself over to the living room, and tried to carefully move from her wheelchair to the couch without hurting her working leg. She succeeded, for the first time, actually. She closed her eyes and thought about Seoul city...

White, chinky-eyed, dark-haired people shopping for shoes, playing Starcraft, listening to music, studying at Starbucks, chilling out at a bar, or relaxing at home, watching reality shows or romantic dramas or something.

Then she thought of f(x); beautiful, dainty girls with nice curves, long legs, and girly personalities. How Luna had called her 'oppa!" when they first met. How Victoria played with her hair, and how they had made fun of her clothes; stealing her underwear and all. And yet, they still loved her, and she loved them as much. 

Then she thought of SNSD; nine beautiful girls with amazing vocals and wonderful dances. Jessica had once given advice to her, saying to accept critisism with grace. Her SNSD unnies have helped her a lot of times.

Then SHINee. f(x) was originally described as the girl version of SHINee. SHINee boys taught the f(x) girls a lot. Krystal accidentally called Jonghyun "Amber", and that was the beginning of the Dino Siblings.

Finally, Super Junior. Donghae had become a part of the Dino Siblings. Siwon was being gentlemanly. Eunhyuk was showing off. And Amber noticed a quiet, chubby-cheeked, small-eyed boy, sitting down, just watching SJ and f(x) mingle. She had walked over to him. "Mind if I sit here, beside you?" she had asked him in English.

"Oh. Yeah, no problem." Henry said, eye-smiling at her. "You speak in English?"

"Yeah. I was born and raised in the States. English's my first language."

"Cool. English is my first language too. Except I was born in Canada."

"Cool! I'm Amber, by the way. Amber Liu. f(x)'s awesome rapper."

"I'm SJ-M's Henry Lau."

"SJ-M?"

"Yeah. Subgroup of SJ. Like Super Junior Trot and Super Junior Happy and Super Junior KRY. Mandarin subgroup, however. I'm just part of the subgroup."

"Cool. I've heard about you. That guy playing the violin in that Don't Don MV?"

"Yeah, that's me!"

"Cool! I never knew anyone could play the violin while dancing."

"Hah, anything's possible, like they all say. You've sang a few lines in some of your songs, right? I've heard your voice. It's really good. You should ask them to let you sing more."

"Psh. Not much of my style. I'm more of the boyish kind of person, who doesn't sing much. Just rapping."

"You're the first girl I've met who is really willing to dress so--like how you dress. It's unique. I like it."

"Hah. Thanks. You play any sports?"

"Yeah. Basketball's my favorite."

"Mine too! We should really play a game and all. You know, if we have time and stuff."

Then they started talking and talking. And soon their friendship developed.

And Amber got lost in her little memories with Henry. And soon, she fell asleep.

"Amber?" Michael called, carrying a large bowl of popcorn and the DVD in his hand. He placed them on the table and kneeled beside the sofa, facing Amber. He her hair and saw a small tear come out of her eye. He wiped that tear, looked at it on his thumb, and smiled. He had missed Amber. He just didn't want to show his true feelings to her. Him and Amber were best friends, even way before she auditioned in SM. They never really stopped talking; they just talked less. He missed her. He missed talking to her. How strong she was, still smiling after the accident; how forgiving she was to Kibum, who had involved her in the accident; how optimistic she was. She'd never let anyone see her cry. Smiling for everyone, hoping for the best...

--

Author's Notes:

Hey there! Wassup? Thank you all so much for the comments. XD :3 Chapter three is much more longer than this, but I figured it was just too long! So I'll just place her dreams in chapter four. Her dreams and flashbacks and memories and stuff. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE COMMENTS AND NEW SUBSCRIBERS. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. I, KIM DIAS, LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART. I PROMISE, I WILL BE THE WORLD'S BEST WALRUS FOR YOU AWESOME PEOPLE :D Expect me to update by tomorrow! COMMENT SO I'LL UPDATE FASTER. I SMILE WHEN YOU COMMENT. I BECOME HAPPY AND CRAZY AND MORE ENCOURAGED TO WRITE FASTER, SO PLEASSE KEEP THOSE AWESOME COMMENTS COMING! ;D And now I must go to sleep. GOOD NIGHT!