This Time, It's Different

The Past is the Past

Chapter 9: 

Third Person POV 

Now it's time to go back to 48PD university and Chaeyeon needs to take extra classes to make up for the days she was missing. Salura always accompanied Chaeyeon to her afternoon classes and always ate together afterwards. A few months have passed and they are already at their final month of third year in college. Chaeyeon thought it might be the right time to do it but she hesitated before Sakura caught her attention. 

"Jjaeyeon, you busy tomorrow? Wanna grab a drink or something? You already finished all your classes." Sakura asked while cuddling with Chaeyeon in their room. 

"Sure, Saku-chan. I'd gladly accept that offer." Chaeyeon said, smiling at her girl. "Why does this feel like it happened before..." Chaeyeon thinks and recalls that one memory she wanted to forget. Their 3rd anniversary also thier last (not anymore :>) which broke both of their hearts. "That was years ago. Don't worry, I'll never leave you. I promise." Sakura assures her and kisser her forehead as a bonus.

The next day, they had their drink. Everything was hapening smoothly like what should have happened before. Everything played out like what happened that time; Chaeyeon asking Sakura out, Sakura getting ready, and Hyewon kissing Sakura and Chaeyeon breaking up with her. But now, it's different. Sakura asked Chaeyeon out, they both got ready and fixed each other up and they also saw Hyewon flirting with and kissing Eunbi which made the couple cringe and chuckle at the public display of affection. 

"Jesus guys! Get a room!" Sakira jokingly said but Hyewon took it seriously. She grabbed Eunbi's hand and pulled her to their room, locking it. They tried their best to forget what just happened and continued on with their date. 

"Jjaeyeon... You kbow what day it is right?" Sakura asked Chaeyeon who was busy finding something in her bag. "No, I don't." Chaeyeon said while still finding something in her bag. Sakura got disappointed and shouted at her but not loud enough to alert the people around them. "Yah, Lee Chaeyeon! How could you forget about our anniv-" She was cut-off by Chaeyeon suddenly kneeling in front of her.

"Wha-What is this, Jjaeyeon?" Sakura seemed shocked at the sudden action. "You know, technically we have been dating for years now, am I correct? " Chaeyeon said, now holding the thing she kept finding earlier. 

"Y-yes, dear. I remember. B-b-but what is this?" Sakura kept stuttering as random thoughts kept filling her mind. "Is she gonna propose to me? Dude, we are still in college. But, I don't really mind. I love her so much I'd want to marry her too. What the heck Sakura! Why are you thinking these stuff." She kept silent, still shocked at Chaeyeon but deep inside she is already screaming MARRY ME! 

"I was kidding, I know what day it is. How could I forget the day I first laid my eyes on you all those years ago. The day I knew I found the one. The day I asked you to be my girlfriend and you said yes. The day that I saw you with someone else and broke me. But none of that matters now. We are here." Chaeyeon stopped talking as tears started to roll down Sakura's face. 

"The past is the past. It is but a memory to us. What the future holds for us,  we may never know. But what we do know is now. Now is a gift you know that? That's why it's called the present?" Sakura shuckled at the cheesy but touching line from Chaeyeon. 

"Saku-chan, you are my present. I have been thinking lately and, I wanted to be with you. I already asked my parents and they couldn't be any happier." Chaeyeon said while holding Sakura's hand. 

"But.. We are already together... What do you mean.." She tried to act dumb but deep insidr she knew where this is going and she couldn't stop the tears from falling. 

"Miyawaki Sakura, will you-" Chaeyeon's proposal got cut-off by Sakura's immediate answer. "Yes. Yes, Lee Chayeon. I'd be more than happy to spend my life with you." Sakura said as both girls felt tears falling from each other's eyes. 

Chaeyeon opened her hand to reveal a ring with letter engraved on it, "MS❤LCY", and had a diamond on it. Her parents helped her choose what ring to give to Sakura and paid for it. They both put the rings on each other's fingers and kissed for a very long time suntil someone saw them and yelled at them. 

"Hey lovebirds, it's already closing time! Get your lovey-dovey acts away from my café." The owner of the shop said to the couple. "Sorry Mom! Damn, we forgot about the time huh?" Chaeyeon jokingly said to her mom who can't help but smile at what she is seeing; her daughter, proposing to the love of her life, and her daughter-in-law, saying yes. 

"Honey! You need to see this. A miracle just happened!" Mrs. Chaeyeon called out to her husband who was in the kitchen of the café, cleaning. "What is it, dear? Oh. Oh my. What do we have here?" Mr. Lee looks at the couple, hands intertwined. He notices something and immediately smirks. "Wow, I can't believe you actually did it. I'm so happy for you two oh my gooood." Her dad said as he hugged the two girls who were as happy as they could be. 

"Dad, meet your new daughter-in-law." Chaeyeon said as her dad let go of them. "When are you gonna tell them?" Mr. Lee asked the two. 

"When it's the right time dad. Yep, tomorrow it is." Chaeyeon said as her family laughed at the sudden sign of confidence. "You sure, Jjaeyeonie~?" Sakura asked her girl while doing aegyo, which made Chaeyeon smirk and their parents cringe.

"Yes Saku-chan, I'm very sure." 

 

"I love you, Lee Chaeyeon."

"I love you, Miyawaki Sakura."

"As parents, we love you guys both. You guys have our blessings for sure. Can't wait for the look of their faces when you guys tell them."

"We know, we are also looking forward to it."

 

 

 

Wahhh things got better for these two hell yeah. Anyways, hope ya'll enjoyed this fic. The next two might be the last for the story. But I'm planning to make either a JinJoo fic or SsamBbang fic soon so... 

Enjoy!