Together At Last

The Past is the Past

Chapter 5:

Sakura finally stopped and became quiet when she learned the reason of Chaeyeon's leave. "I needed to rethink my life. Breaking up with you was the worst thing I have ever done and I wanted to have you back but that girl always reminds me of why I did break up with you.. I couldn't bring myself to tell you how I felt since the mere prescence of you two together still makes me jealous. That's why I snapped when she stepped in on our short conversation..." Chaeyeon said with sadness filling every word. 

"I mustered up the courage to ask you out again but became speechless when it was your turn to reject me. I was so sad that time so I left. The only person to know my whereabouts was Chaewon, one of my childhood friends who I heard joined your group." Chaeyeon explained. 

"Whaat? Chaewon!? Childhood friend!?" Sakura said while still shocked to know that Chaewon and Chaeyeon knew each other. 

"Weren't you curious to know why she joined you guys? I asked her to but it looks like she had another reason for joining you guys." Chaeyeon said jokingly while Sakura still keeps listening. 

"Yeah.. She's dating our friend Hitomi. They're really cute together to be honest, just like when we were together..." Sakura whispers the last part yet Chaeyeon blushes since she heard it but when she realised who her friend was dating her look changed. 

"Hii-chan? Chaewon is dating Hii-chan!?! Wow, she achieved her life-long dream huh? Lucky girl." Chaeyeon smiles at the fact that her two friends who were meant for each other

"Wait, you know Hitomi? How?" "In my previous high school, we had a day where students from different schools would meet and interact with each other. It was a fun day and made new friends. Lol even my friend group joing yours hahaha. 

Sakura got confused but then realised who she was talking about. "Wonyo, Nako, Hii-chan, Minju and Chaewon all joined together. Damn I forgot they were transfers but I never knew they were friends with you.. "

"Anyway, she keeps updating me on what you guys have been up to. Especially you, I wanted to know if you were alright and it looks like you are but I think I still can't come back." 

Sakura seemed confused. "Why? If you think that they'll punish you for leaving us then you're wrong. Heck, they'd be more than happy to see you. Please, come back. They miss you. I miss you the most." Sakura pleaded to Chaeyeon. 

Chaeyeon began to tear up again after hearing those sweet words from her love. "Even so, I can't stand seeing Hyewon being with you. I still... Kinda get.. " "Get what? Jealous? Hahhaha Jjaeyeon, you're too cute for this world. You don't need to be jealous. She's dating Eunbi-unnie so don't worry. I'm all yours. Wait..." Sakura suddenly said when Chaeyeon's eyes sparkled like she heard the one thing she wanted to hear these past few days. 

"I-I-I thought you... Needed tine before letting me back into your life?" Chaeyeon asked while crying... tears of joy. "That moment you told me to love you back, I wanted to so bad. I just couldn't at the time because I wanted to rethink things too, but it looks like I didn't need to." Sakura says while blushing intensely. 

The two girls hugged each other tightly and then a knock on the door was heard. They thought it was nothing so they continued hugging each other but then the knocking got louder and they heard a familiar voice. 

"Yah, Miyawaki Sakura, open this damn door." the voice said loudly. "Yeah unnie open the door. We're worried." another voice said. 

"Kkura-chan, I think you were followed." Chaeyeon whispered to Sakura's ear. "Damn it. I told them to not follow me." Sakura said annoyingly then proceeded to open the door. 

"Unnie!" A large dog-like person leaped onto Sakura and hugged her tightly. "Yujin-ah! Let go of Sakura-unnie." A duck-like person said while pulling Yujin off of Sakura. 

"Guys, look." Eunbi said while pointing to Chaeyeon. "Unnie! Are you ok?" The 5 transfers rushed over to their friend and hugged her tightly she couldn't breathe. "Awww, you guys are together again, this is heart-warming to see." Chaeyeon told the 5 girls. "Unnie, look." Chaewon shows her hand to Chaeyeon and notices a cute ring on her finger. 

"Don't tell me.. " Chaeyeon replies while checking on the ring. "No we ain't married. Yet. Right, Hii-chan. Chaewon said while clinging onto her Hii-chan. "When did all this happen, Hii-chan? I thought you friendzoned Chaewon?" Chaeyeon confusingly asked the two. "It's a long story but first-" Hitomi pauses then moves out of the way to reveal Eunbi, Yena, Yujin and Sakura together and the first three starting to tear up.