o.prolouge

My Heart Beats for You~! [Kim Ki-Bum Mini-Series]

You were walking down the street with ear-buds plugged in your ears listening to your favorite boy-group, Super Junior. But most of all, you were trying your hardest to listen to your childhood friend’s voice, Kim Ki-Bum.

You’ve known each other since when you were both eleven. You could still remember the moments you’ve had with each other since then.

-----Flashback-----

Walking home, you clutched onto our backpack straps and pretended to hop-scotch. Jumping around and laughing to yourself, you were glad that school had ended. Joy overtook you as you began to sing ‘Somewhere over the Rainbow’.

Your voice was at its peak of high pitch, emitting an angel voice. But someone who heard you didn’t think your voice was so perfect.

“Yah! Ssit kuluh! [Shut up!]” a voice said. You turned your head and found a boy your age walking along-side you with an angered face. Immediately, your face began to scrunch up as you stopped.

This is America! Speak English!” you told him in the said language. But you were still on a verge, so your English wasn’t at its perfection.

He stopped walking and slowly turned to you. “Free country! Meh-rong~!” he taunted and ran off.

Hey!!” you called out stomping your foot on the ground and began chasing after him.  “Uh uh! You are not getting away from me, you big fat meanie!” you called after him.

You reached out your hand and were a centimeter away from grabbing his backpack, but you ended up tripping on something you hadn’t noticed. With wide-eyes, you watched the ground come closer and closer towards you.

You braced yourself for the impact but nothing happened. No impact. No pain. No tears.

You opened your eyes to find yourself only a foot away from the asphalt ground. You turned your head and saw the boy who teased you smiling at you.

“I may be mean, but I wouldn’t let you fall,” he said with a sheepish grin. He helped you up and you stared at him with the same expression you gave the ground when you feared it would have a big impact on your face.

He began to rummage through his jean pockets and held out a hard candy towards you. “Muh gull eh? [You want one?]” he asked shyly.

When you accepted his candy, his grin became wider and he held out his hand. “Anneyong! I’m Ki-Bum. Kim Ki-Bum,” he exclaimed with a cheek filled with candy and a toothy smile.

That was the first day my heart began to beat for you, Kim Ki-Bum.