A New Wishlist

Young Love

When you love someone, it’s not what you do that mattered, but the time together that mattered the most.

One afternoon, as Sungjae visited the Red Velvet’s dorm, the two finally decided to update their Bbyu’s wish list.

Joy brought out her notebook and sat down beside Sungjae on the sitting room couch, flipping through the pages.

“We really haven’t done this in a while.”

“Mm hm” Sungjae agreed, feeling very full and sleepy, since they both just had a huge lunch.

“But it’s really amazing how we managed to fulfil all our wishes. WGM crew helped us a lot.”

“We also can fulfil the next ones by ourselves.”

Joy looked up and beamed at him. “Of course we can.”

“Don’t smile like that. You have me already.”

Joy froze for a second, before giggling and flailing her hands.

“You’re so cheesyyyyyy” she exclaimed, making Sungjae chuckled.

“Giyopta, aigoo” he said, patting her head fondly.

Joy opened the marker’s lid and prepared to write.

“Ok, Oppa, what’s your first wish?”

Sungjae thought for a bit.

“I........want to eat doenjang jjigae that you cook.”

“.........I’ll learn to make it.”

“Jinjja?”                          

“Yes. I can do it!”

He chuckled again.

“Ahrasseo. I’ll look forward to that. How about you? What’s your wish?”

“I.......really wish I could go to a mall with you.”

“Go to a mall?”

“Ne. Wear couple clothes, hold hands.....dine together at a restaurant.”

Sungjae’s heart suddenly hurt. It’s such a simple wish, something normal couples would do regularly. It wouldn’t be easy for them, though.

“Should we wear hoodies and mask?” he asked.

“I guess we have to, right?” Joy asked, also getting a bit sad.

She wrote “go to the mall together wearing couple clothes”, then went silent.

Sungjae reached for the hair on the side of her face and put it behind her ear.

“Are you crying?”

She was, indeed. She got sad thinking about how they were different with normal couples. The simplest thing a couple their age would do, it’s hard for them. So much for getting known......

“Uljima......” Sungjae begged, pulling her to his arms. “Let’s make it happen. Somehow, let’s find a way to do it.”

“Ok........What’s Oppa’s next wish?”

“Me? Hm.....Get a private performance everytime you release a new song.”

He half wanted to cheer her up, and half really wished for it.

“.......that would be embarrassing.”

“Whyyyyy??? It’s me!”

“That’s why, because it’s you, it will be really embarrassing.”

“Wae? You need to perform Dumb Dumb Dumb just for me.”

She whined. “How can I do that???”

“What? You’re Joy Red Velvet. You dance and sing all the time.”

“Yes, but dancing just for you would be nerve-wracking!”

“No, it won’t!”

“Yes, it will!”

“Ah, mwolla! I demand a private show! I need to see you perform Happiness, Ice Cream Cake, Dumb Dumb Dumb, and Automatic! Aigoo, Automatic is really y! I really want to see it!”

“Jogiyo, Yook Sungjaenim, do you spend your free time watching my performances video?”

“Of course! I have to monitor you.”

Joy sighed heavily.

“Wae??? Don’t tell me you don’t watch my videos as well!”

“Aniya” she denied arrogantly, “I have no time to stalk Oppa.”

“Gotjimal. Give me your phone. Let me see your youtube history.”

“Why would I do that?”

“To see whether you never see my videos or not!”

Sungjae reached out his hand and Joy slapped it gently.

“Yah” he warned.

“Mwo? What are you trying to do?”

“Omo, are you being rebellious now?”

“Ani.”

“Show me your phone. Let me see your youtube history.”

“Shiro.”

“Wae shiro?”

“Because I haven’t got time to clear the history” she said nonchalantly.

“..........you don’t watch , right?”

“YAH, OPPA!!!”

“See, you do watch my videos after all.”

“........I watch a lot of them.”

“..........?”

“YAH, YOOK SUNGJAE-SSI!!!”

He cackled.

“You should’ve waited for me. When you have a boyfriend, you should watch with him.”

“Are you crazy??? What crazy ideas do you have inside your head???”

Sungjae laughed.

“Aniya. I don’t watch , but I watch your fancams.”

“..........what’s that supposed to mean?”

“Just, you know. You’re always so pretty and.....y.”

Joy screamed at the last word, “Don’t say these things to me!”

“Then who should I tell it to?”

“Nobody!”

“You’re really funny. You’re a singer and a dancer. Of course I’d watch. I watch a lot.”

“..........how much do you watch?”

“Um.......whenever I have free time?”

She crumpled lifelessly on the couch, burying her face on the hand rest.

“Why are you like this?” Sungjae asked, laughing, “What’s wrong with watching your performances videos? Then who else should I watch? You told me I shouldn’t watch other girl groups, remember?”

“Ah, I wish I never danced passionately.”

“Why??? I’m a big fan of Hot Joy” he confessed, knowing she’d dissolved into embarrassed whines again, which she promptly did.

“I told you not to say these things to me!”

“Am I not allowed to even say my girl is y?”

“Yes. Don’t.”

“Sooyoung-ah, I think you’re very y”

Joy facepalmed.

“I want to go to Namsan tower with you” she said quickly.

“Don’t change the subject.”

Joy ignored him and just wrote “Go to Namsan tower together and put on a love lock” under “Private show for Oppa.”

The way she avoided his eyes made him wanted to attack her, but he held it in, because Joy’s awkwardness was also really cute to watch.

Not wanting her to be angry though, Sungjae followed her wish, “I guess if we go a bit late in the evening, we’d be able to do it.”

“I want to walk together with you to the top, put on a love lock then go down together with a cable car.”

“Ok. Let’s do that. We should always cover our face because you’re very famous lately—“

“Oppa is also very famous!”

“Exactly, I’m such an awesome guy that you get to be with.”

Joy made a face then wrote No. 5.

“What’s your next wish, Oppa?”

“I.......want to bring you to meet my parents.”

She froze at that.

Sungjae flipped out his phone out of nowhere and took a picture of her expression.

“Are you serious?”

“Very serious” he smiled. “I told them we’re officially together now, and they said they wanted to meet you.”

She went pale at that.

“Don’t look so afraid. They’re really nice people.”

“I’m sure they are, or else you wouldn’t be such a good guy.”

Sungjae’s eyebrows rose at that, “Omo, Sooyoung-ah, don’t say such deep things so casually.”

“Wae? It’s true.”

“The Oppa who always pranks you is a good guy?”

“Yes” she nodded easily, “But what should I do? I might freeze in front of your parents.”

“Aniya. You’ll do your best and my parents will fall for you.”

“I’ll do my best!” Joy promised, both her hands in the air.

Sungjae scooted over and kissed over her forehead.

“So, what’s your next wish?”

“............have a Red Velvet concert and to have Oppa there as an audience.”

“Oh, that’s a big wish. I hope you’ll have your group’s concert soon.”

“And will Oppa watch it?”

“.........I’ll watch it even if I have to die.”

“Ne? Don’t die!”

“I’ll definitely watch it” he promised, giving her his pinky finger, and Joy hooked it.

“These are six wishes already. Shall we stop now?”

Sungjae nodded at that.

“I have to go” he announced.

“I know. Have a good recording.”

“Sooyoung-ah?”

“Ne?”

“We will be a lot busier, and it might be harder to meet. So, when we can see each other again, the next time we can meet again, can it be at my personal apartment?”

The request entailed a lot of things, and he already asked it before, but Joy wasn’t ready. However, that day, she found herself nodding her head.

It’s Sungjae’s turn to beam.

“I’ll video call and text you as often as I can” he promised, hugging her tight.

“Nado.”

“Don’t smile to other guys.”

“I’ll be a good girl.”

“Don’t reply other guys’ texts.”

“I won’t, unless they’re my S.M’s brothers.”

“They’re the most dangerous” Sungjae claimed, earning a hit on his back.

“Ahrasseo, ahrasseo. Just—only think of me and stay away from other guys.”

“I will” Joy promised.

They kissed behind the dorm’s front door sweetly, and parted with smiles and waves.

Ah, young love. It was the time when you’re most passionate. Sungjae and Joy would vouch that it was true. For them, their love story was really the best of all.

*************************************************

Author’s Note:

I’ve been busy for days, and was dying to write this TT_____TT

But now it’s weekend again and I have time to write, yay!

I hope you like the update! Please tell me what you think of the story.