Take one

Love Shots

Jung Yerin gave the last drink to her cheap morning coffee, she'd been drinking it for the last two weeks, trying to convince herself that it wasn't that bad, but it was a lost case, just as her job applications apparently, the situation was so frustrating, more because she was well known for being a dedicated and talented photographer at university, all her professors said she could be succesful in short time, well the results where negative, she did two photoshoot sesions for two of her friends weddings, apart from that she had been jobless for three months, Yerin was about to go back home and beg to her parents to accept her back, ok the last part was an exaggeration, of course her parents wouldn't refuse to that, but she would feel so defeated... suddenly she felt someone back hugging her...

Yerin Unnie!!

YR. Umji-ah!! It's so good to see you! I've missed you so much! How have you been??

UJ. I've been so good! Taking a good rest from the last Uni semester! How about you¡?

YR. Well... I'm... grateful that I'm alive I guess(?) 

UJ. W..What do you mean whats wrong unnie? 

YR. It's nothing really! I'm just a little frustrated because I've not found any job you know... I feel useless...

UJ. Oh... unnie please don't be sad! I mean I can imagine that it's hard but you'll find it eventually! right?

YR. I don't think I can tell my landlord I will pay the rent eventually Umji-ah, sigh I'm sorry we were supposed to meet to spend a happy time so tell me! How was your trip to the USA?

UJ. Oh Unnie it was beautiful I just wish you could have gone with me , I'll show you all my photos later , but um... well talking about landlord I also came here because I want to make a proposition for you...

YR. A proposition what do you mean?!

UJ. Since I finished university, now I have to look for a job too, my parents offered to support me with some money to pay the rent for a place in the city but I really don't want to live alone so.. I was just wondering I you could consider adopting me as your roomie please?

YR. Why are you asking me that? ofc you can move with me but wait... this is not a kind of trick to help me because I'm broke right? 

UJ. No unnie, I mean ofc I wouldn't mind to help you, but I really don't want to leave alone, also as I just said, they are just going to help me til I get a job, after that I'll be by myself...

YR. Well.. you better not find a job soon! YAAAAAH I'm kidding hahahahaha

UJ. You have not changed at all uh? Never losing your sense of humor!

YR. It's all I've got and it's free so enjoy it hahahahaha so when are you moving ?

UJ. As soon as possible, I just need a couple of days to pack my stuff and say goodbye to my parents, again, hey! Do you want to come with me? I'm sure they'll be so happy to see you!

YR. Oh.. It's not a bad idea you know? It's been so long since I saw them too... and I should visit my parents just to make them sure I'm ok

UJ. Sure... you've lost like 2 pounds due to your stress of not finding a job and they're going to think you're ok

YR. WHAT?!! Are you serious?! I didn't even notice I was thinner! 

UJ. Seriously Unnie you need to go home at least two days! And unnie... please if you want coffee better made it yourself this one is a really bad choice!

YR. I know, to be honest I keep coming back here because I need to get out of the apartment...

UJ. Don't worry, I understand and for real I believe you'll find something soon! You know what they say, things come when you're not expecting it...

YR. I hope your right kid! Now come, I'll show you the place, you can choose your room and I'll do some cleaning for your things!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yerin took a long breath... after visiting her parents and assure them she was alright, she went for a walk.. remembering her teenage years, the memories started flowing, hanging out with friends with no more worries than getting home on time, as in automatic mood, her steps directed her at her favorite place, the park, everytime the sad or worrying thoughs filled her mind, she used to sit on a little bench and observe people passing by, the animals, the trees the wind, the sunlight, wishing she could capture the scenes and the esence of every detail, now ,there she was again... she gave herself permission to relax for a little while, the girl was starting to get sleepy when she heard her phone ring.

UMJI CALLING

YR. Hello?

UJ. Unnie! how are you? is everything good with your parents?

YR. Yes! And how about you?

UJ. Everything it's fine, thank you! They insist that you come tonight for dinner, would you come?

YR.  Yes of course! please say hello for me and I'll be there, should I bring something for dessert?

UJ. No, don't worry let them spoil us ok? Just come at 8pm and bring your camera, you know how they love your photos!

YR. Hahahaha ok then, I'll be there at 8pm! See yah!

Luckily for Yerin, she brought the camera with her, she used to feel it now as a part of her body, "it's always unexpected the time to capture the best moment" her favorite teacher used to say, and she loved capturing every special moment for someones life, she looked at her watch, 7:30, started walking to be on time at the dinner with Umji's parents...

------------------------------------Umji's house----------------------------------------------------

Everything was so elegant but so sober at the same time, waiting in the living for the Kim's family to show up, Yerin passed her eyes for all the photographs, there was one of Umji and her celebrating the maknae's 10 birthday, the first time Yerin saw a professional photographer in action, Umji's parents hired him for that special ocasion and Yerin was so curious about him, well not him but his work, the man looked like an spy, he never joined the party but he was watching al of them and shooting with that cool machine in his hands, after that day she started asking her parents to get her a camera, they gave her a toy one but after a while it wasn't enough and when she turned 16 she told them that she wanted no party, no expensive trip, no other gift than a professional camera, since that day she dedicated at least one hour in the afternoon to go for a walk and capture every moment that called her attention, that's too how she realized that there were so many beauty in the detalis....

Maid. Miss Jung, the Kim's wait for you in the dinning room.

UJ. Unnie you're here :D

YR. Hello Umji n.n Yes! I made it on time can you believe it? Good Evening Mr and Mrs. Kim! 

UM (Umji's mom). Good evening Yerin! It's so good to see you! It's been a long time! We missed you a lot!

YR. I missed you too! I'm sorry for not coming so often but the uni got me so busy x.x

UD (Umji's dad). Umji told us about it! But look at you! A newly graduated how did you girls grow up so fast ? I feel like just yesterday you were playing to be explorers in the backyard...

UJ. Dad please! we're still young and we still can be explorers if we want hahahaha

UM. Please all of you stop joking and start with the dinner before it gets cold, Yerin we prepared Tteokbokki, you favorite!

They were serving the dinner when the doorbell started to ring...

Maid. Mr and Mrs, Kim, Choi Yuna is here...

UM. Oh she made it! Please tell her to come here! Umji do you remember Yuna? Umji? Where she is?

YR. She said she needed to fix something about her make up.. uh... I'll go help her...

UM. Please don't take too long, the dinner is getting cold!

 

YR. Umji what the hell are you doing? why did you disappear like that?

UJ. Unnie... I just omg I feel so ashamed...

YR. Why? whats wrong??"

UJ. Uh... well about a year ago, my parents offered a party to collect money for the foundation to help new talents remember?

YR. Ahh yes I do... I couldn't come...

UJ. Yes... well, my parents are kinda close with Choi Yuna parents and... well since she's such a talented singer they invited her to perfom an special number... and oh god... Unnie since the moment I saw her... she's just too pretty and kind and maybe a little weird but I couldn't even approach her because when I tried I accidentally throw the wine on my dress and had to runaway, I'm sure she just remember me like the embarrasing girl who spilled the wine 

YR.  YOU HAD A CRUSH ON HER!!?? She must be gorgeous, you never get nervous with girls it's usually the other way oh my god I want to know her!!

UJ. UNNIE PLEASE!! I'M HAVING A CRISIS HERE!!!

YR. Ok calm down! I mean I have heard about her and they say she's too kind, c'mon just breath and act as if it had never happened, maybe she doesn't even remember about that, let's go they're waiting for us!

UM. Yerin please meet Choi Yuna, she's one of the famous singers from this town, lately she's been working in Seoul, she's soon to make her debut as an idol. And Yuna you'd should know that Yerin is a good friend of my daugther Yewon and also one of the most talented photographers I've ever met! 

YJ. Ahh I remember Yewon, we had a little encounter at the party like a year ago I think -Yerin tried to hold her laugh next to a redened face Yewon- And nice meeting you Yerin, I wish I'd met you sooner, when my agency was looking for a photographer for me... 

YR. Nice to meet you too! Well I guess is just my bad luck showing up again- she said with dissapoinment

YJ. Ah I don't think so actually, one of the dancers from the agency needs a photographer for a model session, do you happen to be interested in it?

YR. I... OH.... This is so unexpected...

UJ. She's interested for sure, right unnie?

YR. Yes... Uh how can I contact her? or the managers... I mean how do I apply for the job?

YJ. Ah don't worry, Mrs Kim told me you'll get back to Seoul in three days. right? Will it be ok for you to meet them on wednesday?

YR. Yes oh... thank you so much! 

YJ. Please I really like to help the talents from my hometown, and the Kim's have been promoting you well here uh? And how about you Yewon? Will you accept to be my musical producer once you graduate?

UJ. YOUR WHAT?"!... Yes... of... of course it'll be an honor Yuna-ssi...

UM. Well now that apparently Yuna is hiring everyone here, let's begin this dinner finally! Enjoy girls...

 

Yerin got home late, her parents were already sleeping, directed herself to her bedroom, her feelings were confusing, on one side it was good news that finally someone could hire her but on the other side, working with Idols was never on her dreamjob list, she'd heard a lot of bad stuff about their behiavor with their staff, and there were many photographers in Seoul, why this girl hasn't hired one yet? what was her name again? ahh... Hwang Eunbi.. even the name sounds intimidating... well it was a job and it wasn't even sure she could get it...

With all those thoughts running through her mind, she fell asleep promising that if she got hired, she woludn't stay in that job forever, only the enough time to gain experience and earn a little money, besides, there was nothing in the Idols world that could make her feel interested for a long time right?

 

END OF CHAPTER.