Suits in the Airport

Let's Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung tapped an irregular beat on her knee. She fidgeted in her seat, trying to get comfortable against the leather. She finaly settled down for a split second, before deciding that  she would much rather not be leaning on the seat at all. The leather seat was making her feel both sweaty and sticky, and it felt like something was digging into her back. She sat up and looked around the car, feeling a bit lost in the tiny space, before her eyes landed on the radio. She reached out a tentative hand, she knew how protective Mina was of her music, but once she realized that Mina wasn't going to stop her, she began to change the stations. The sounds of classical, jazz, hip hop, pop, kpop, etc began to fill the car as Chaeyoung switched between channels every couple of seconds.

After several minutes, Mina finally had enough of the miss match of music that was flooding her car. Mina reached over and placed a hand over Chaeyoung's hand just as she was about to change the station to play country music. However, she was too late, and the soulfoul crooning of trash music began to fill the car. Mina cringed and gently slapped Chaeyoung's arm.

"I haven't said anything about your fidgeting for the past hour, but you've gone too far with this." She said jokingly as she gently guided Chaeyoung's hand away from the radio, and towards the gear shift. Mina placed Chaeyoung's hand on the gear shift and let her own hand cover Chaeyoung's. Mina knew that Chaeyoung was nervous, it wasn't every day that you met your fake significant other's entire extended family, but she only had so much patience. If keeping Chaeyoung's hand trapped against the gear would keep her from fidgeting, than so be it.

"It's ok babe, just take a deep breath. In. Out." Mina said as she demonstrated her breathing techniques. Chaeyoung attempted to settle against the leather seat and closed her eyes. She attempted to slow her heartbeat and tried to breath with Mina's calming voice. Several moments passed with only Chaeyoung's breathing filling the car ( she doesn't know when Mina turned off the radio). 

"Thanks," Chaeyoung said as she opened her eyes.

Mina only hummed in response. She began to rub soothing circles against Chaeyoung's hand, hoping to help her further calm down. "We can turn this car around right now if you're still nervous. We don't have to go through with this. I can call my parents right now and tell them that you fell sick so I had to stay in Seoul to take care of you." Mina suggested, tearing her eyes away from the road for a split second to flash a small smile towards a slightly trembling Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung shook her head, but realized that Mina had returned her attention to the road. "No, it's okay. I'm okay." Chaeyoung knew how important this was for Mina. She hadn't been home in two years, and despite talki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter