Kidding

Let's Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So what you're telling me is that you want me to pretend to be your girlfriend so Sana will stop setting you up on blind dates and your mom will stop bothering you about getting a girlfriend?" Chaeyoung summarised. Mina had just kicked Sana out of their apartment with the excuse that she needed some alone time with her girlfriend to get over the trauma that had been the failed blind date.

Before sitting Chaeyoung down on the couch, Mina had gone to make her a cup of hot chocolate and grab her some cookies in the hopes of getting the other girl in a better, more cooperative mood. So, Chaeyoung was now currently curled up on the couch with a blanket draped over here, a steaming cup of hot chocolate in her hands, a plate of cookies in front of her, and her fafvourite movie playing on the TV.

Mina sighed and slumped into the seat next to Chaeyoung. She closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Basically." She grumbled out. "I know it's a lot to ask for, but please, I really need your help." Mina pleaded. She turned to fully face Chaeyoung who's eyes were still fixated on the TV screen in front of her.

"I don't know Mina. It just seems so... complicated." Chaeyoung mused as she took another sip of her hot chocolate. Chaeyoung finally tore her eyes away from the movie to stare appreciatively down at her mug. In the year that Chaeyoung had known Mina, the older girl had never failed to make the best hot chocolate.

"Please Chaeng, you know how my mom and Sana can get." Mina said with a grimace. Over the past year, Chaeyoung had been there to witness the aftermath of Mina's failed dates and her mother's nagging. Mina shivered remembering the Valentines incident earlier that year. She hadn't expected her mother to show up at her apartment on Valentines Day just to check if she was out on a date. The day had ended with Mina almost losing her sanity, and her mom losing her voice from all the nagging that she had done.

Chaeyoung sighed sympathetically. "Well yeah, but-"

Mina sensing that Chaeyoung was slowly warming up to the idea immediately pounced on the chance. "I'll cook you dinner for as long as we're dating." Chaeyoung was notoriously known in their friend group for being too lazy to cook and often spending her money on take out instead. Mina also just happened to be a rather good cook too.

"Well," Chaeyoung hummed out. "I still don't know..."

"I'll go with you to your cousins wedding so your cousins stop teasing you!" Mina exclaimed proudly. Mina smirked to herself when she saw how Chaeyoung froze on the couch. Chaeyoung had been complaining about going to her cousin's wedding alone for the past month. Chaeyoung was her family's youngest, and her cousins often treated her like a child eventhough they weren't that much older than her.

"Fine." Chaeyoung finally said. She placed the mug down on the coffee table and unwrapped herself from the blanket burrito that she had created. "But you still owe me dinner for a month." Chaeyoung said.

Mina smiled to herself. Now she didn't have to worry about another park getting set on fire courtesy of one of Sana's blind dates. "You got it."

Chaeyoung hummed and reappered from the kitchen, this time with a hot pocket in hand. "Here, I'm guessing you didn't get a chance to eat on your date with Seulgi." Chaeyoung said as she handed Mina the hot pocket. Mina smiled and took the hot pocket gratefully. This had become a little routine between the duo over the past couple of blind dates. Mina would come home before she got to eat anything and make Chaeyoung a cup of hot chocolate, and Chaeyoung would make Mina a hot pocket after she was done with her hot chocolate.

"Thanks."

Chaeyoung didn't say anything as she re-wrapped herself in her blanket burrito. "So," she said when she finally found a comfortable position. "I think we should establish some ground rules." Chaeyoung said. Mina nodded her head and had to surpress a smile. Chaeyoung looked really cute wrapped up in her blanket burrito. Her entire body was engulfed by the penguin print blanket, and only her head peeked out.

"Isn't that my blanket?" Mina asked with a chuckle as she tugged on the fabric. Chaeyoung did what Mina supposes was a shrug beneath the blanket.

"I couldn't find mine. Besides, I like how it smells - just like jasmine. Reminds me of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter