four°

Please Eat

“Here.” Yoongi held a muffin out towards Jimin - it wasn’t much, but it was a start. “Thanks.” Jimin mumbled, taking the muffin from his hyung’s grasp. He stared at it and each of the little blueberries that were hidden inside, yet their color still visible.

 

“I’m not leaving until you eat it.” Yoongi stated and sat down on the edge of Jimin’s bed, watching the younger. Jimin sighed and slowly brought the muffin up to his mouth. “Just one bite at a time, Jiminie. You can do this,” Yoongi encouraged, rubbing the younger’s back. Jimin nodded and, slowly but surely, took a bite out of the muffin.

 

“That’s good, Jimin. Just a few more okay? I won’t make you eat it all, but… just a few more bites, okay?” Jimin nodded again and took another bite out of the muffin, then another. “Finished.” He muttered, ing the rest of the muffin into Yoongi’s hands.

“I’m proud of you, Jimin. You may have only eaten half, but it’s progress nonetheless. Now, come on. The others have a surprise for you.”


“Oh… they do?” Yoongi nodded and helped Jimin up out of the bed. “N-no, don’t let go.” Jimin said as Yoongi was about to let go of his hand. The older smiled and held tightly to Jimin’s hand as he led him down the stairs.

 

“Hi, hyung!” Jungkook said energetically. “H-hi, Kookie.”

“We have a present for you!” Taehyung said, a huge grin on his face. Jimin looked at all of the members with a give-it-to-me-then look.

 

“I’ll go get it.” Namjoon offered, rushing into the kitchen. “Be careful! I don’t want you getting hurt!” Jin shouted. Namjoon was known to get hurt very easily.

 

Namjoon returned to the living room with a huge grin on his face, his hands behind his back. “Go ahead, you can give it to him.” Namjoon smiled as he held out… tickets?
 

Jimin hesitantly took the tickets from Namjoon’s hand and his mouth fell open in a small ‘o’ shape. They were tickets to Busan.

 

“Oh my god!” He squealed, hugging Namjoon tightly. “Thank you, thank you, thank you!” Namjoon chuckled.”It’s no problem, Jiminie. We all pitched in for it.” Jimin went around the circle hugging each of the members tightly, his grin never leaving his face.

 

“We know you’re going through a hard time right now, so we thought it would be a good idea if you went to see your parents for a while. We already talked to Manager-nim and he’s giving us all a two week long break.” Jimin felt a tear escape the corner of his eye, but this was a good tear. He was happy.

 

-------------------------------

 

“We’ll see you later, Jiminie! Have fun!” Jimin waved goodbye as he boarded the plane, his fellow bandmates leaving his vision.

 

The boy found his seat and sat down, looking out the window. He would’ve taken the bus, but the plane was a much quicker option. He quickly took a selfie and posted it to twitter with the caption “On the way to see my family! Love you, ARMY! # JIMIN”

 

“Attention all passengers, we will be taking off shortly. Make sure your seatbelt is securely fastened and any of your personal devices are on airplane mode.”

 

-----------------------------

 

“Jiminie!” Jimin grinned as he saw his mother running toward him. He hugged her tightly. “I missed you!” She exclaimed. “I missed you, too, mom. Where’s dad?” Jimin asked, looking around. “He’s at home cooking your favorite meal.” His mother said with a sly smirk. “O-oh,” Jimin’s heart began to race as anxiety took over his mind. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, just a little light-headed from the plane ride. The turbulence was hell.” Jimin lied, putting on a fake smile. His mother smiled. “C’mon, your dad will be upset if we don’t get home soon. He misses you so much.”

 

----------------------------------------

 

“Thanks, dad. It looks delicious…” Jimin looked down at the food in front of him. It did look delicious, but…

 

“Eat up, son. We’re going out to the movies after dinner like we used to every weekend.” His dad said with a grin. He really had missed Jimin a lot.

 

Jimin nodded and brought a bite of the kimchi jjigae to his mouth. ‘There’s at least 200 calories in this,’ he thought to himself. Nonetheless, he swallowed it.

 

“Done?” His mother asked, picking up the other bowls. Jimin looked down at his half empty bowl and nodded. “Here, let me get it.” Jimin offered, taking the bowls from his mother and carrying them to the sink. “Our son has become such a gentleman.” His father said with a proud smile. Jimin smiled from the praise and sat the bowls down in the sink. “So, are we going to go watch this movie or not?”

 

-----------------------------

 

“Goodnight, Minnie. Sleep good.” His mother said, kissing his forehead. Jimin chuckled. “Night, Mom.”

 

He watched the door close and listened as his mother walked down the hallway. He stared blankly at the ceiling. He had been sugar-coated into eating a few handfuls of popcorn and he felt like he was going to be sick.

 

He took his phone off of his bedside table and opened twitter, reading the comments under the selfie he had posted a few hours ago.

 

Have fun with your family! We’ll miss you!

 

I hope you have a great time ChimChim!

 

Awww our little Jiminie is going to see his family! I’m so happy! Have fun, Minnie!

 

You look so skinny, Jiminie. Please eat lots and have fun!

read reply -

Stop telling him to eat, he’s already fat enough. #jiminisfat

 

Jimin suddenly regretted reading the reply, but he knew it was true. He really would have to watch how much he ate.

 

Finally, he looks like he’s actually losing weight. Still too fat for me, tho lmao. #jiminisfat

 

“Jimin?” The boy jumped at the sound of someone knocking on his door. “C-come in!”

 

“J-jihyun? When did you get here?” Jimin asked, hugging his brother. “Mom called me and told me you were home for two weeks so I thought I’d stay too so I could spend some time with my big brother.” Jihyun explained once the two pulled apart.

 

“Look, I… I talked with Yoongi earlier.” Jihyun said, a worried expression overcoming his face. “I forgot you had his number… what did he say?” Jimin asked, rubbing the back of his neck nervously; he was almost certain he knew what his hyung had said.

 

“He said you’ve been having some problems lately and to make sure you’re okay. He didn’t say what the problem was but I can guess just by looking at you. Mom called me crying earlier because she’s worried about you.” Jihyun said, sitting on the edge of Jimin’s bed. “I’m sorry.” Jimin muttered, his head hung low.

 

“It’s fine, Jimin… just promise me you’ll eat something.” Jimin nodded and gave his little brother a weak smile. “I’m gonna go to bed now. Sleep well.” Jihyuk stood up and walked out the door. “You can do this, Jimin.”