three°

Please Eat

“Diet Coke, please,” Jimin said with a small smile. ‘At least it’s diet’ he thought to himself, cringing at the thought of drinking pure sugar.

 

Yoongi looked over at Jimin who was staring thoughtfully at the menu. In all reality, though, Jimin wasn’t even paying attention to the food; he wasn’t going to eat it, anyway.

 

“Ready to order, Jimin?” Namjoon asked, looking at the younger. “Y-yeah…” Jimin had found a meal on the menu with the smallest amount of calories. He would at least take a few bites, that way the others wouldn’t worry.

 

“Here you go, sir.” The waiter sat a plate of food in front of Jimin. To the others, it looked like the smallest meal on earth, but to Jimin, it looked like the biggest.

 

“How’s your food taste Jimin?” Yoongi asked. “Good.” The younger mumbled, looking down at his full plate. He’d only taken two bites. He looked up, an idea springing into his head. “Want a bite?”

“No, I’m fi-” “Come on, hyung! It’s really good! Just one bite.” Jimin begged.

 

Yoongi sighed. “Fine.” Jimin smiled and fed Yoongi a bite of his food, earning a smile from the older. “Good?” “Good.”

 

“Here, have some.” Jimin offered, sliding his plate to the middle of the table after noticing the other members eyeing his food as well. “Jimin you really-” “Please, help yourself! I ate a big breakfast so I’m really not that hungry, anyway.”

 

Yoongi side-glanced at Jimin. He knew what he was doing, and it wasn’t making him happy. He had planned this dinner to make Jimin eat, and that was being ruined.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jimin jumped when he heard a knock on his door. He quickly turned his phone off, which he had been using to read yet another handful of hateful tweets towards him, and called out, “Come in!”
 

Yoongi walked in and sat on the edge of Jimin’s bed. “Hi, hyung,” Jimin said with a smile. Yoongi gave the younger a small smile and moved next to him. “How’re you feeling?” He asked as the younger moved his head to rest on his shoulder.

 

“Good. Why?” Yoongi sighed. “You gave all of your food to everyone else, Jimin.”

 

“I wasn’t hungry. I ate a big breakfast, remember?” Jimin said, adjusting his head to lay in the crook of Yoongi’s neck.

 

“But even if you actually had eaten a big breakfast and weren’t just making that up - and don’t try and deny it, because I can tell when you’re lying - it wouldn’t have mattered because we were eating dinner. At 8:30. At night.” Yoongi said, adding more and more details to get his point across. “I ate a big lunch?” Jimin said. He had meant to say it like it was true, but it came out more like a question.

 

“Aish, you better start eating Park Jimin, or I might die from worrying so much.” Jimin hung his head and let a soft sob escape. “I can’t, hyung. I can’t do this!”

 

“Yes, you can, Jiminie. Nobody said it was going to be easy, but you can and will do this.” Yoongi reassured the younger, giving him a small peck on the forehead. “S-stay here. Stay with me, hyung. Pl-please.” Jimin clung to Yoongi, his sobbing subsiding to soft sniffles.

 

“I’ll never leave you, Jimin.”