New Kid, Old Friend

The "Bridge"

[time skip: 7 years]

 

“Myungsoo-hyung~” whispered Sungjong into his sleeping hyung’s ear but Myungsoo, being the log sleeper that he is, didn’t move even when Sungjong blew into his ear.

“Myungie~” no movement.

“hyungie~” no movement.

“Myung-myung~” no movement.

“MYUNGSOO!!!” Sungjong screamed into his hyung’s ear but still, no movement.

“Aish!” he then started to shake him awake while crying “Myungsoo you idiot!! It’s the first day of high school and you decide to sleep in!!”

You would think that after spending 7 years together as best friends Sungjong would get used to this kind of Myungsoo by now. Well he is used to it but today is a special day. Myungsoo and him would be starting their first year in high school together in the same class and his hyung just had to pick last night to play Temple Run none stop on his iPhone, and since there bedroom windows were a few inches apart he heard every muffled scream of victory his hyung made.

“Yah!! Kim Myungsoo!!” Sungjong yelled as he started jumping on the bed. “Wake up wake up WAKE UP!!”

Unfortunately –or fortunately- though Sungjong’s skinny legs got entangled with Myungsoo’s blanket causing him to fall on top of the other effectively waking him up.

“Ugh!” cried Myungsoo as he suddenly felt the weight of his friend on his body. “Sungjong? What the hell?”

“Myungsoo! You’re awake!” Sungjong smiled still not getting up.

“Anyone would wake up if they felt an elephant suddenly fall on them.” Myungsoo smirked.

“Yah!” cried Sungjong clearly annoyed as he sat upright on Myungsoo’s stomach. “I am not that heavy!”

“Sure sure.” Myungsoo teased as he put his hands on either side of Sungjong’s waist. “Now could you please get off of me so I could get ready for school.”

“Fine.” Sungjong replied as he got off of Myungsoo then went out through the window but first looked back and smiled. “I’ll be waiting for you outside then!” with that said he went through his own window and didn’t even bother to close Myungsoo’s or his window, cause honestly there was no point in closing it and it was kind off their own unsaid rule to let their windows open for the other.

Myungsoo quickly got out of bed then went straight into the bathroom to fix himself up. Once he was dressed and finished breakfast he bid his parents goodbye then went out to meet Sungjong. He quickly saw his friend playing hopscotch with two little girls from their neighborhood. Myungsoo then suddenly want revenge for today’s morning wake up call. He placed a finger on his lips to signal the girl who saw him to be quiet as he silently stalked behind Sungjong then he suddenly hugged the other by the waist before he could jump to the first square shocking him out of his wits in the process.

“PEDO!!!” cried Sungjong as he wiggled out of Myungsoo’s hug.

“Yah!” cried Myungsoo not letting his friend go. “I am not a pedo!”

“Kyah!!” Sungjong cried even louder as he stared at the two young girls who were laughing. “It’s Myungsoo!! Kyungsoon! Meekyong! Help me!!”

“Oh unnie.” Kyungsoon laughed. “Shouldn’t you be happy that you’re being hugged by your boyfriend?”

At Kyungsoon’s words the two boys stopped and stared at the two little girls who just smiled in return.

“Look at the time!” Meekyong said. “You’re gonna be late unnie and oppa.”

“!” Myungsoo cursed as he looked at his watch. “We’re gonna be late Jongie!” he then took his friends hand then made a run for it to their school.

“Take care of Sungjong-unnie Myungsoo-oppa!!” Meekyong and Kyungsoon called as the two disappeared from sight.

 

-------

 

When the two of them saw the school’s gate they finally slowed down to catch their breath.

“Those two have seriously watched too many animes.” Myungsoo huffed.

“I think it’s cute though.” smiled Sungjong.

“Really?” smirked Myungsoo. “Then how about you call me oppa from now on?”

Sungjong stopped walking and stared at his friend giving him an ‘are-you-ing-serious-look’.

“Come on Jongie try it.” Myungsoo gave him an eye smile. “Say Myungsoo-oppa~”

The younger just shook his head then continued walking after muttering an audible ‘ert’ to Myungsoo making the latter cry a series of protests to him.

“For the last time Sungjong I’m not a-” Myungsoo was suddenly cut off when he felt someone get in between him and Sungjong while draping an arm around the two of them.

“You two already fighting this early?” the intruder asked.

“We’re not fighting Sungyeol-hyung.” Sungjong answered. “We’re simply stating our differences.”

“Uh huh.” Sungyeol simply replied since this kind of scene is not really new. “Anyways… I need to go now or else all the seats at the back of the classroom would be gone.”

And with that said Sungyeol left the two of them to find a decent seat to sleep in in his own classroom. Sungyeol is a very close friend of them is in the same year but in a different class. Although that doesn't stop the chodding to intrude their class from time to time.

“We should get going too hyung.” Sungjong suggested forgetting about their previous discussion.

 

-------

 

When they got to their classroom they’re classmates immediately said hi to them and you could hear a few giggles from fangirls and stares from fanboys. Yes. Fangirls and fanboys. Sungjong was one of the most smartest people in Woolim Academy but he was sweet and charming making girls and boys fall for him left and right. He’s not dense though. After getting used to receiving at least one confession a day –mostly from boys- Sungjong knows just how popular he is but doesn’t use it to his advantage. Although the free lunches he gets and the not-asked-for-help he receives is nice.

Myungsoo was also very popular but he was completely different in school. He mostly has his mouth shut with other people, not because he doesn’t like them but simply because he has nothing to say which the people around him has gotten used to. Once he talks though and has gotten close to you he says the most quirkiest things but that just makes people like him more.

The two of them then chose seats next to each other like they always have ever since. they started school together. But they're classmates deliberately left two seats open for them cause they all know that the two of them could never be seperated, besides Myungsoo talks more when his with Sungjong and the other obviously laughs more with Myungsoo.

Soon enough their homeroom teacher, Jungryul-seonsaengnim, came in with a warm smile on his face.

"So you guys are going to be my homeroom for the rest of the year so I hope we get along well." Jungryul said sending of a happy mood through out the room. "When inside class I expect for you to call me seonsaengnim but outside the class you can call me hyung or oppa, arasso?"

"Deh." the class chorused obviously relieved that they got such a nice homeroom teacher.

"So to start of this new school year," Jungryul started. "Let's welcome a new student shall we?"

The mood in the room suddenly rose in excitement. A new student? No one was informed of this. Is it a boy or a girl?

All of their answers were answered soon enough when a handsome boy entered and took his plave in front beside his teacher.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Lee Howon." Howon smiled at them making half of the girls blush. "But you can call me Hoya since I feel more comfortable with that nickname, I hope we become good friends."

"Good introduction Hoya-sshi." Jungryul complimented. "Now let's look for a free space for you... hmm... ah! Sungjongie please raise your hand. You could take tha seat beside him Hoya."

"Thank you." Hoya smiled and went to the direction Sungjong was then sat beside him.

"Since it's the first day of school even I'm feeling to lazy to teach so consider this as a free period everyone." Jungryul said making everyone cheer in delight. "But no one's allowed to leave the classroom alright!" he ended as he got a book out from his bag then started to read with unplugged earphones in his ears to block out the noise.

"Hi." Hoya started as he smiled at Sungjong.

"Hi." Sungjong smiled as he blushed a little ' Sungjong! Why is your heart beating so fast!' he thought as he tried to reduce the heat from his face.

It soon faded away when he felt a stare from behind and when he turned around he saw Myungsoo staring intently at the new kid. He was about to tell Myungsoo that what he's doing I'd rude but the handsome boy suddenly said something making him and the people who heard stop and stare at Myungsoo.

"Hoaegi?" Myungsoo asked and a few of their classmates laughed but most facepalmed themselves. They knew Myungsoo says the most weirdest things but this is a bit too much. Sungjong was about to apologize to Hoya but the other boy suddenlt started to laugh out loud.

"I knew it was you." Hoya laughed. "I'd recognize you poker face anywhere L!"

"L?" Sungjong questioned his best friend.

"It was a nickname they gave me when I was still in Busan." Myungsoo shrugged.

"We gave you?" Hoya exclaimed with a smile. "You gave it to yourself."

"As if Hoaegi is any better." Myungsoo said trying t hide his embarassment with a smirk but it didn't work especially with Sungjong's reaction.

"L." Sungjong snorted at his friend.

"Yah!" cried Myungsoo his embarassment is now clear on his face. "It was a cool nickname and it made me feel like L from Death Note."

"Sure sure hyung." Sungjong laughed. He then turned to Hoya. "So and Myung were friends in Busan?"

"Yup." Hoya smiled.

"You know, I don't think I've introduced myself properly yet. My name's Lee Sungjong." Sungjong smiled.

"It's nice to meet you Sungjong." replied Hoya with his own smile which seems to make Sungjong's heart flutter.

The three of them then spent the rest of the morning with Sungjong getting to know Hoya more and for Myungsoo and Hoya to catch up with each other. Time passed and lunch soon came so it was time for Hoya too meet more of their friends.

"Jongie! Myungie! Over here!" the three of them heard as soon as they entered the cafeteria.

"Gyu-hyung!" the two of them replied as they made their way to their friends with Hoya in tow.

"Shoosh shii?" one of them asked with a mouthful of rice as the three of them sat down making his friends look at him incredolously.

"Do you want sushi Dongwoo?" Sunggyu asked.

Dongwoo then swallowed his food and repeated what he said. " I said, who's he?" he then pointed a chopstick toward Hoya but was soon swatted away by Sunggyu saying that it's rude to point to people you'll just meet.

"My name is Lee Howon." Hoya introduced himself with a slight bow and small smile. "But you can call me Hoya."

"Or you can call him Hoaegi." whispered Myungsoo making Hoya hit him lightly by the elbow.

"Do you really want me to tell them about the time you tripped while running then you tumbled across the hall until you reached the wall?" Hoya countered with a smirk.

"They were friends when Myungsoo lived in Busan." Sungjong explained when he saw Dongwoo and Sunggyu's looks of confusement. Their conversation was suddenly cut when Sungyeol suddenly burst into the lunch room then hid under their table.

"Hide me!" Sungyeol's panic stricken voice said but you could hear the amusement in it.

Before Hoya could ask who he was or what was happening a sparkling boy -yes, sparkling, he was completely covered in glitters- marched to their table anger was evident on his face.

"Where is he?" the sparkling boy asked. No one answered him but their eyes immediately went to the table signaling that Sungyeol's under it.

He immediately ducked under making Sungyeol jump in fright hitting his head hard in the process making him curl like a ball while holding his head as he winced in pain.

"Serves you right." the sparkling boy said as he sat down besides Sunggyu a triumphant smirk on his face. “Oh? Who’s this?” he asked as he shook the glitters from his hair.

“I’m Hoya.” Hoya smiled.

“He’s Myung and Jong’s new classmate.” Sunggyu added as he brushed some glitters off from the the other’s shoulder.

“I’m Woohyun.” smiled Woohyun offering him a sparkly hand. “I’m not a vampire just so you know. I’m only sparkling because of this chodding’s prank.”

“I’m taking that the person underneath is the chodding?” Hoya smiled as he shook Woohyun’s hand.

“Yah!” Sungyeol cried as he emerged from under the table. “My name is Lee Sungyeol! Lee. Sung. Yeol!”

“It was more quiet when you were wincing in pain.” Myungsoo commented.

“How about we hit you again Yeollie.” Woohyun offered with a smile.

“No, no,” Sungyeol shook his head as he sat besides Dongwoo away from Woohyun. “I’ll be quiet now.”

Hoya then laughed at the chodding’s antics and they immediately figured that he would fit well in their little group.

 

-------

 

The day ended and we could now see Myungsoo and Sungjong walking home together talking along the way.

“ So what do you think of Hoya?” Myungsoo suddenly asked.

“He’s really nice and seems really reliable.” Sungjong happily replied. “You know earlier at the library he helped me get the books from the top shelf without me asking.”

“People always help you without you asking.”

“Well, that time was different since it’s Hoya-hyung.”

“Oh?” Myungsoo teased the other. “How can Hoya be different from the others?”

“He just is okay!” Sungjong walked ahead so that Myungsoo won’t see his blushing face.

“You know Jongie? You’ve been blushing a lot today.” Myungsoo stated with an amused smile.

“Really? I didn’t notice.” the younger feigned innocence but his face became redder.

“You seem to really like Hoaegi huh?”

“He’s a really nice friend so what’s not to like?” Sungjong replied not forgetting to emphasize the word friend so that Myungsoo would cease his teasing.

“Uh huh,” nodded Myungsoo but whispered an unaudible: “I wonder how long you could say that?”

 


 

Sorry that it took me a while to update (◕ A ◕) it's the last month of school for me so every week is hell week ( = д = ) I hope March goes by fast so that I could flood you guys with updates in the summer (*´ڡ`●)

anyways... you guys better remember Meekyong and Kyungsoon cause those two girls will have more to say about MyungJong in the later chapters~

 

lovely_ninja_monkey: hehe~ thank you so much (。◕‿◕。)

StarMagician: you're welcome (。╹ω╹。) writing MyungJong is my favorite pass time~

b2stinspirit: uwah~ I hope it live to your expectation (◍'౪`◍)

toshiba19: IKR! he's just weir and lovable like that (◔ ڼ ◔ ) I don't know about the 'Going Home Club' either LOL but I read it in a manga once and they just simply go home after school =P

Lovemyungsoo: here's an update (*◕௰◕)

inspirit_shawol: thank you so much (⋈◍>◡<◍) I'm glad I decided to write HoJong too ^^

InfiniteYunJaeLove: MyungJong just have to wait a few more years for the two of them to realize their love for each other ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶

inspirit4infinite: of course it'll be MyungJong in the end (●ゝω・) they just need to go through lots of things to get there...

poptarts: hehehe~ thank you (◕‿◕✿)

Daikatsu: just a tiny bit of HoJong here... but there are more moments to come ٩(๑>◡<๑)۶