Falling For You, Literally

The "Bridge"

A week later we could see Sungjong reading various books in the library, from science fiction to horror, from comedy to tragedy. Now you might be wondering where his friends are but you see right now is club time and their all in their respective clubs. Sunggyu is at the student council since he’s the school’s vice-president, Sungyeol was at the Drama club, Dongwoo was at basketball practice and Woohyun and Myungsoo were auditioning for the music club – which they will surely be admitted with Woohyun’s deep melodic voice and Myungsoo’s amazing guitar skills.

Sungjong is part of the Going Home club. The Going Home Club does what it says; you go home at club time.  Only students with high grades can enter this club since they can do without the extracurricular activities of a club, and the school would like to treasure its top achievers so that they could have focus on their studies more.

The straight A’s boy then closed the book he was reading without even finishing it. The book was about a mermaid that gets her tongue cut off so that she can have human legs and be with this human prince who in turn falls for a goody-two-shoes princess instead. Oh how Lee Sungjong hates love stories. They were just so cliché and unrealistic and most of the time the characters are quiet idiotic – I mean the person who truly loves you is right by your side and you go chasing after someone else?!? What kind of blind idiot does that in real life?

He then started to climb up the ladder to return the unfinished book to the top shelf. Getting up the ladder was easy since you could see where you’re going it was the going down part that scares Sungjong. Usually Myungsoo or another of his hyungs would hold his hand while they guide him down but their all not here now so it’s either he stays there until tomorrow or he goes down by himself, he chooses the latter.

He slowly made his way down by staying a few seconds on a step just to make sure he had a sturdy hold but unfortunately for Sungjong that wasn’t enough. He was still a few feet above the ground when he slipped on a step. Is this it? Is this the end of Lee Sungjong? Apparently someone thinks the feminine boy needs to live more which is why he was caught in the nick of time.

“Are you alright?” Sungjong’s savior asked and the boy knew all too well who the voice belonged too even with closed eyes.

“Hoya-hyung?” Sungjong whispered as he slowly opened his tightly closed eyes.

“Hey Jongie,” smiled Hoya. “I wasn’t expecting you to drop by.”

“Oh god hyung!” cried Sungjong as he hugged the elder male shocking him in the process. “I thought I was a goner when I saw my life flash before me! Thank you thank you thank you~”

“You’re welcome Sungjong,” laughed Hoya.

“Let me make it up to you hyung,” Sungjong said as he released his hug on the elder. “Do you have any club you need to attend to right now?”

“Not yet,” Hoya said. “I’m still thinking if I should join the soccer team or the baseball team.”

“You can do both?” Sungjong said amazed, he was bad at sports so he admired anyone who is good at it.

“Yeah,” Hoya answered sheepishly. “Why’d you ask?”

“Well there’s this great ice cream store just across the school that me and Myung always eat at,” Sungjong started. “Let me treat you for saving my life.”

“I’d hate to reject an offer from a cutie like you,” smiled Hoya making Sungjong blush.

 

-------

 

The two of them then made their way to the ice cream store that Sungjong was talking about. Once they were inside Sungjong made Hoya sit and wait at a table while he goes and order something for the both of them since the elder doesn’t know what flavor to pick. As soon as Hoya saw the younger boy walking back holding a tray with their order his gentleman instincts switched to on and he instantly helped the other boy by taking the tray from him then setting it on their table.

“Thanks hyung,” smiled Sungjong as he sat down.

“Its fine,” replied Hoya. “So which one is mine?”

“This one,” Sungjong said as he handed brownie filled ice cream to the elder. “I don’t know what flavor you’d like so I got one of their best sellers.”

“Thanks,” the other replied as he took the dessert. Hoya was about to start eating when he suddenly stops and just stares at the sweet treat.

“Is something wrong?” Sungjong asked as he paused from eating his own marshmallow topped ice cream.

“Nothing’s wrong, it’s just that,” Hoya paused as if he was thinking carefully about his next words. “This brownie ice cream seems so well made, I hate to ruin it.”

As those words left Hoya’s mouth Sungjong couldn’t help laugh at his hyung. How could someone as manly looking and sporty as Hoya be this childish? He was beginning to see why the elder is dubbed as Hoaegi by Myungsoo.

“What’s so funny?”

“Nothing hyung,” the feminine boy answered as he slowly stopped his laughing fit. “Its just that I’m beginning to see why you’re called Hoaegi.”

“My mom was the one who planted that name on me,” Hoya explained sheepishly.

“Well it suits you Hoaegi-hyung,” smiled Sungjong. “Now eat your ice cream before it melts or else the ahjumma who made that will think you didn’t like it.”

 

-------

 

The two of them then spent that afternoon getting to know each other and even after their ice creams were long gone they still stayed at the shop content with each other’s company.

“Uwah! It’s 5 already?” Sungjong gasped as he saw the clock on the wall. “My mom will be worried sick if I go home any later.”

“I’ll walk you home,” Hoya offered.

“Its fine hyung,” Sungjong smiled. “I don’t want to trouble you.”

“It won’t be a trouble at all if I’m going to accompany you Jongie,” Hoya replied. “Besides, you live next to Myung right? That’s also my way home.”

“Well isn’t that convenient,” the younger said as they made their way out of the shop. “How did you know I live next to Myungsoo anyways?”

“When my mom found out that I met L again she instantly wanted to meet the Kim’s again which led to us having dinner with them last week,” Hoya explained. “Myungsoo showed me that window that connects you two, so I got a peek of what your room looks like.”

“What did you see?”

“Nothing much since I just saw it from Myungsoo’s window,” Hoya shrugged. “But that teddy bear of yours, how big is it?”

“About this big,” Sungjong said as he placed a hand below his chin to demonstrate just how big his favorite stuff toy is. “Myungsoo won it for me when the carnival came to town.”

“Cool, I’ve always wanted to have a date at the carnival.”

“Date?!” exclaimed Sungjong who stopped at his tracks by his hyung’s words. “Whoever said it was a date? Sunggyu-hyung and the others were there too.”

“So it wasn’t a date between you and L?” Hoya asked a bit shock.

“No,” Sungjong shook his head furiously. “Why would I date Myung?”

“So the two of you aren’t dating?” the elder asked and the younger shook his head furiously. “Sorry, it’s just that the way you act is like you’re together or something.”

“Myungsoo has been my best friend ever since we met 7 years ago so I doubt that would change anytime soon,” Sungjong laughed. “And this is my house.”

“Sungjongie-unnie!” two voices from behind them suddenly called and when they turned around they saw Kyungsoon and Meekyoung walking three dogs.

“Hi Kyungsoon, Meekyoung,” Sungjong greeted.

“Unnie?” Hoya said.

“I tell them to call me oppa but they keep insisting that unnie suits me more so after a few times of failed persuasion I just gave up,” Sungjong explained.

“Who’s this oppa?” Kyungsoon asked at once when the two of them approached Sungjong.

“This is Hoya,” Sungjong introduced and the said man gave a warm smile to the two girls. “He’s a new classmate and friend of mine.”

“Oh,” Kyungsoon and Meekyoung said simultaneously. Suddenly one of their dogs approached Hoya and the man bent down to pet the small animal and you could see that the dog likes Hoya’s touch as his tail wags excitedly from side to side.

“OHMAIGYU!” cried Meekyoung. “I’ve never seen Nurungie warm up to a stranger this fast.”

“Maybe I just have a way with dogs,” Hoya smiled as he scratched behind Nurungie’s ear and then stood up to face Sungjong. “I better get going then Jongie.”

Hoya then ruffled Sungjong’s already mused hair and then started his way home leaving a blushing Sungjong behind as he held his head where Hoya’s big warm hands has just been. He then made his way into the house having a dazed look but with small smile on his lips.

As soon as Sungjong was inside and out of earshot Kyungsoon turned towards her friend then began to shake her violently.

“OHMYGDRAGON!” Kyungsoon cried. “Did you see that Meekyoungie!!”

“I see stars Kyungsoonie,” Meekyoung mumbled as she became dizzy with her friends antics.

“Sorry,” Kyungsoon apologized as she let go of her friend. “Buts still Meekyoungie!! That guy was all friendly with Sungjongie-unnie!”

“So?” Meekyoung said, she didn’t see the problem with that.

“What if he gets in between MyungJong?!?” Kyungsoon exclaimed while flailing her arms to emphasize her distress.

“Kyungsoonie, Kyungsoonie, Kyungsoonie,” tsked Meekyoung as she shook her head. “He can’t get in between MyungJong. Lots have tried but no one has succeeded.”

“But unnie acts differently around him,” pouted Kyungsoon. “What if he’s the chosen one and brings unnie to the dark side?”

“Then Myungsooie-oppa we’ll bring him back,” Meekyoung said surely.

“You’re right Meekyoungie,” Kyungsoon said with a sigh of relief. “It’s not like Myungsooie-oppa will let him take Sungjongie-unnie away.”

“Now come on Kyungsoonie,” Meekyoung said. “Or else Aya-unnie will get mad at us if we bring her dogs home late.”

 

-------

 

While the Meekyoung and Kyungsoon talked above them another pair of friends was talking too.

“Knock knock,” Myungsoo said as he entered Sungjong’s bedroom through the window. “You’re home quiet late.”

“You just got home too,” Sungjong stated as he motioned at the others school clothes.

“Well I had music club practice,” Myungsoo smirked.

“You got accepted?” Sungjong asked although he knew the answer. When Myungsoo gave him a nod as a yes Sungjong instantly hugged his best friend as a congratulatory remark. “That’s great Myung!”

“Thanks,” Myungsoo smiled. “So why are you home late?”

“No reason,” Sungjong said as he let go of Myungsoo.

“Are you sure?” Myungsoo teased. “Maybe its cause Hoya brought you home late from your date with him.”

“Date?!” Sungjong cried as his face turned red. “I didn’t have a date with Hoya.”

“Your red face tells otherwise,” the elder smirked. “So how was it?”

“First of all it wasn’t a date. He saved me from falling to me death so I treated him to some ice cream,” Sungjong exclaimed and was gonna say some more if Myungsoo had not cut him.

“Fall into your death?!” Myungsoo exclaimed with panic in his voice.

“Chill Myung,” Sungjong laughed. “I slipped on the library’s ladder while going down, but Hoya hyung caught me in time. So that incident led me to treating him out as thanks.”

“Well that’s a new way to look at the phrase falling for you,” Myungsoo said.

“What do you mean hyung?”

“Nothing Jongie,” smiled Myungsoo. “It would be easier if you figure it on your own.”

 

-------

 

It would only be in their second year of high school when Sungjong figured out what Myungsoo meant, but hell it wasn’t easy to figure out on his own and when he finally sorted out his feelings for Hoya he literally smacked himself on the head. All this time he hated those love stories he reads and now that he’s feeling the same emotions as those characters he could see that it wasn’t over rated at all. He would feel butterflies in his stomach when Hoya was near, he would smile when Hoya smiles, be the loudest to cheer at his soccer games, he even stays at the music room because the window there has a clear view of the soccer field.

So even if it took quiet some time Sungjong finally admitted it to himself, he was in love with this wonderful guy named Lee Howon.

 


 

I finally updated this even though this was somewhat a boring chapter XD

so to those who wants to have a clear visual imagination of Kyungsoon and Meekyoung here they are =)

Meekyoung:                                                             Kyungsoon:

                       

 

so this is my special chapter for Hoya-oppa's birthday!! Sungjongie finally realizes his feelings for him ="> isn't that a great present LOL