Chapter 4

WORTH IT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CERENA’S POV

“Hey,” Michael called I raised my head to look at him, “what are you thinking? You’ve been spacing out since we left SM.”

“Nothing,” I replied not wanting to disturb him with my unsetting thoughts.

“You’ve started with your nothing again. Just tell me please,” he begged I don’t want to disturb anybody with my problems but I gave the same reply but he pestered until I gave up.

“I’m just thinking of how I’ll survive working with him,” I answered, signaling the driver to turn off the music playing in the van. We were on the way back to the hotel from SM. The thought of working with the guy scared me; it reminded me of something I wouldn’t want to be reminded of. I don’t want to be stared at, it gave me an unsettling feeling.

“why are you asking such question?”

“you know why I’m feeling like this, you know how I feel about guys like him.”

“Yeah,” he said, “but give the guy a benefit of doubt, after all, it’s you guys first meeting he might turn out to be a nice guy,” Mike replied in a concerned voice, “you should try and stop thinking every guy is bad please.”

Can I stop thinking like that? I asked myself but nodded at him still not convinced. I opened my book to continue to read the story I’ve started, but before I continued mike retrieved his phone from his pocket and started to dial a number.

“Who are you calling?” I asked and peeped at the screen.

“I’m calling Mr. Park,” he answered and furrowed my brows.

“And why?” I asked perplexed.

“I want us to go for sight-seeing. Let us go out and enjoy before the real deal begins” said Mike with his throaty voice.

“Wow!!!” I gasped and dropped the book on my lap, “the workaholic wants to go for sight-seeing today?” I teased which earned me a glare from him. I knew he wanted me to enjoy Korea a little because of my current situation. Mr.Park answered the phone and Mike asked him a commonplace Foreigners visit in Seoul. I averted my gaze to the window and waited for him to complete his call with Mr. Park.

“He suggested Myeongdong,” Mike said “he also offered to take us there but I declined,” I nodded. Mike dialed Ife’s number and informed her about the sight-seeing.

We reached the hotel and waited for the rest to come out; it took them almost half an hour to do so.

“Thanks for coming out earlier than expected,” I uttered snarkily.

“You’re welcome but it wasn’t my fault,” replied Ife, “you know how sluggish Amanda is, It took her 30 minutes to dress up,” Amanda wanted to defend but Mike beat her to it.

“Why did you dress like this?” mike asked Amanda “are you planning on getting a bf here?”

“What if I’m?” she retorted, but just kept walking toward and ignored mike’s tease. They kept arguing and bickering until I got tired of and snapped.

“Ok guys,” I clapped my hands “let’s stop bickering the driver is waiting for us,” I said to them to cut the argument between my team.

The ride from the hotel to Myeongdong was fun. After 3-5 minutes of driving, we reached there and hopped out of the van. The cool wind hit my face. I glimpsed at the crowded market with lots of foreigners- Chinese, whites, Indians etc, people having no idea where they were going, standees and also tour groups in red. Mr. Lee and Mike asked the tour group and collected a map for us to use.

Following the guidance of the driver, we passed down the crowded street seeing shops along it. We saw street vendors selling- food, clothes, jewelry, shoes, some Kpop stars banners. I saw even Mr. ’s face on one of the banners and it made me cringe and also a lot of shopping malls like H&M, Nature Republic, Forever 21.

“Look there’s H&M. let’s enter h&m,” Ife called we followed beside her. We spent the whole evening shopping mostly clothes and shoes, exploring Korea’s most visited market, and made new friends mostly Amanda and Ife. We left Myeongdong at around quarter to nine because it gets closed nine o clock pm.

The driver took us back to the hotel. Due to tiredness, everybody went to their respected rooms. I and Ife entered ours, I did my daily night routine and hopped onto the bed to relax and learn some basic Korean words. After some minutes of learning some Koran words, I checked my phone and saw Chuks missed calls. “I’ll call him tomorrow,” I mumbled.

“Aah yes,” Ife clapped her hands I raised a brow waiting for her to continue “I forgot to ask how did it go at the company?”

“Well not bad, but we’ll discuss that tomorrow I’m tired now,” I answered to her covering myself with the bed’s comforter. She replied with an ok and got on the bed.

Ife’s loud voice woke me up from my deep sleep. I walked to the place where the voice from, where she was sitting on the couch with a phone on her ear and the TV on. “God Ife can’t you talk in a low voice?”

“Oh yeah here she is she has woken up, let me pass her the phone,” she stretched her hands to give me the phone.

“Who is it?” I asked with a confused expression.

“It’s Mummy,” she answered urging me to collect the phone from her. I asked her to give me a minute to brush my teeth, which she did.
“Hello,” I yawned “mummy how are you doing?”

“I’m good, we’ve been calling your phone but you didn’t pick,” I rolled my eyes. Mom and her exaggeration “you got us worried. And moreover, Zion wants to speak with you,”

“I’m a good mum. We went out yesterday for sight-seeing we eventually got tired that’s why. I’m sorry for making you worry about me,” I replied “Ok lemme speak with him,” she passed the phone I immediately heard my Angel’s voice, “Mummy, I miss you,” he said.

“I miss you too darling. How are you doing?” I asked “good mummy. When will you come back?” he asked

“I’ll come back but not recently. Ooh, baby when did I leave Nigeria?” I teased

“Mummy, the house is quiet without you.” He pouted his lips.

“Ok, I’ll make sure to complete my things early so that I’ll come back and meet my handsome baby boy,” I answered which he answered with an ok and pouted. We ended the call with sweet words and as usual, asked for a new play station. That’s my baby, my happiness, and my source of motivation. He gives me joy whenever I set my eyes on him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter