Chapter 5

Stay With Me

"I thought Mark Tuan was married," Yugyeom said when the two were sitting on the couch that very afternoon. 

"He is...that's why we broke up," Jinyoung said while looking down at his hands. He felt his eyes water. 

"Did he cheat on you?" Jinyoung just shook his head. "Then what happened? You never told me."

"It was an arranged marriage. He wanted us to stay together, but I left. I didn't fight for him." Jinyouong looked down at his hands with a huge frown on his face. 

"If you don't mind me asking, why did you leave?" Jinyoung just sighed. 

"He deserved better. I couldn't give him anything when he gave me everything." Jinyoung felt a tear fall when he looked back up at Yugyeom, who gave him a sympathetic look in return. 

"It looks like you haven't moved on. Is that why you always rejected all of my setups?" Yugyeom said while trying to lighten up the gloomy atmosphere. 

"Isn't that obvious, Yugyeom?" 

"Sorry." Yugyeom quickly apologized. "I always thought his marriage was a happy one. They always looked pretty close when they were on the news."

"How do you know their marriage wasn't a happy one? I told him to let me go, and maybe that's what he did. "

"That's not what I heard the guy on the phone say, Jinyoung." Jinyoung just sighed. "I regret leaving every day." He confessed in a small voice. 

"Why don't you approach him then. Maybe he'll take you back if he misses you that much."

"He's still married, Yugyeom-ah." 

"I don't know, but from what I heard this Jaebum say, he's miserable without you. Why don't you give it a try?" 

"I don't know. He might actually love her. You said they looked like a couple on TV, so why can't it be real in real life? Jaebum always exaggerates anyways. I told Mark to give up on me. I told him to forget about me, so there was nothing stopping him. I'd be too scared to approach him anyway. What if he forgot about me?"

"How long was your relationship?" Yugyeom asked.

"About four years, why?"

"Four years doesn't just go down the drain, Jinyoung. He could never have forgotten you."

"I thought you couldn't give relationship advice," Jinyoung said while chuckling. 

"It's not relationship advice, hyung,  it's common sense." Jinyoung just rolled his eyes. 

 

**************

 

Mark pulled the phone away from his ear as Jackson yelled from the other side of the line. "WAIT!!! JINYOUNG IS THERE?!" 

"You don't have to yell into my ear, Jackson," Mark said while talking in a hushed voice. He was in his temporary office in his new partner's company. 

"How are you so calm about this?" Mark heard his best friend ask. He could only let out a long sigh before replying. "Believe me, Jackson, I'm not. It feels like I'm going to go crazy if I don't see him again. What if he leaves? What if I won't see him again?

"Mark, you're being kind of dramatic. Jinyoung has a job at that company. I don't think he can just drop everything and leave." 

"He did last time," Mark muttered into the phone. He heard Jackson let out a weird noise in protest. 

"Fine, why don't you ask the CEO about him. Maybe he can tell you some things about him," Jackson suggested. 

"I don't know, Jackson. I don't want to pry. What if Mr. Kim takes it wrong." 

"Are you an idiot?" Jackson said, "Would you rather get a business offer that, can I remind you, you can get somewhere else, or take a chance and maybe get the love or your life back." 

"You're right. I'll go ask him about it now." 

"That's the spirit! Bye and good luck."

"Bye." Mark put his phone in his pocket and made his way to his door. How was he going to ask anyway? He felt his heart increase speed as he made his way to the CEO's office. He wiped his sweaty hands on his pants before knocking on the door. Mark could hear a soft 'come in' and he opened the door. 

"Mr. Tuan! I wasn't expecting you." The man said as he got out of his chair. "Have you been settling well?"

"Yes, I have. The office is perfect." Mark said while smiling. 

"That's good. Do you need anything else?" 

"Um...yes...If you don't mind me asking about an employee." Mark could see the CEO furrow his eyebrows. 

"Well, it depends on your intentions. I can't give out private information to just anyone." Mark shook his head. 

"I just wanted to ask about a certain employee that I used to be close with. I noticed him at the meeting and I wanted to maybe talk to him for a bit. It's been a while since we were able to meet." When he saw the CEO gesturing for him to continue, Mark couldn't contain his excitement.

"What is his name?" The CEO asked and Mark answered with a smile. "Park Jinyoung."

The man looked shocked for a moment before regaining his neutral facial expression. "Oh, he's my personal secretary. He just called in sick for the rest of the day, so hopefully, he'll be back tomorrow. I can call you when he comes back, though."

"That would be great," Mark said. "Is he well? Has he been doing fine?" 

"Yes, he's well." Mark felt uneasy when he saw the fondness appear on the man's face. 

"That's great. Do you like him?" The question wasn't technically personal. Mark only meant it as an employee and how good he was at his job, but this man did not pick that up. 

"That man, I tell you, is a work of art." Mark took a step back in surprise "S-sir?" 

"He's everything you could have in a partner. His face, his personality, his talent at making spectacular coffee, his confidence, and have you seen his ? It's perfect. It just makes me want to him on my desk." Mark couldn't believe he was hearing this. The man probably doesn't even know he was saying this to someone. He looked like he was in a daze. Mark couldn't help his blood boil at the thought of this erted man touching what was his. 

"Sir isn't this a little inappropriate to be talking about your secretary this way." Mark's jaw stuck out, something he picked up from Jaebum, out of anger. 

"What?" The man obviously snapped out of his daze, but that only made Mark angrier. He didn't want to imagine what sick image this bastard was imagining. 

"Isn't that a little inappropriate to talk about your secretary like that. Especially in front of me, someone who could destroy your company if he wanted." Mark knew he was crossing the line, but he couldn't help but feel victorious when he saw the look of terror on the man's face. 

"Mr. Tuan, whatever I said, please don't take it personally. I never act on any of my personal feelings." The man tried to explain, but Mark was having none of it. 

"Is that supposed to make me feel any better. That man was my lover, Mr. Lee. He was and still is my life. I don't appreciate hearing such vulgar about the person I love." The CEO looked shocked at the sudden news but smirked after a few seconds. 

"Mr. Tuan, do I need to remind you that you do have a wife, and that saying this could ruin you?" 

"Whatever I just said was nothing as terrible as whatever you just uttered. This isn't some game, Mr. Lee. I can't help but take this personally if you have such intentions." 

"Like I said Mr. Tuan, I would never act on my personal feelings when I am at work." 

"Oh, so you would still do this even out of this building." 

"Whatever I do out of this building, is nothing of your concern." 

"It is if it's breaking the law. You can't do anything without his consent." Mark clenched his fists at his sides. Mr. Lee looked down at his hands a chuckled. 

"It won't be a problem when I already had consent before." Mark widened his eyes. Was what he was hearing right? Was Jinyoung really involved with a man like this?  "He really is amazing in bed." Mark could barely keep himself from tearing this man open with his bare hands. 

"If I am correct, Mr. Tuan, he is not in your life anymore, but he is in mine. Because of your actions, I can't let you speak to him in my watch." Mark rolled his eyes. 

"It won't be a problem if this deal we had was over. Trust me, this loss won't affect me at all, but it will affect you. Especially since you are almost in a financial crisis. You need my company to save your's, and I can make sure that no other business comes to your aid."

Mark could see the look of panic in the other man's eyes, so he continued. "I can make your life hell if I wanted. Letting things like what you said leak can do terrible things to a public person. My marriage was only business and nothing is wrong with loving another, who I might add,  isn't even in my life anymore. So you can never compare my words to yours again."

"Mr. Tuan-" Mark put his hand up as if to silence the other. 

"This business deal can still benefit me in some ways, like reconnecting with Jinyoung, so I won't break it. But you can never stop me from approaching him. Even if you have some disgusting affair going on with him, you can never forbid me from talking to him."

 

**************

 

The next day, Jinyoung didn't want to get out of bed. This time it wasn't because of his erted boss, but because of his ex-lover who he still loved dearly. He stuffed his face back into his fluffy pillow only to interrupted by his phone ringing. He reached over to the table that was beside his bed and grabbed his phone. He looked at the caller ID and groaned. 

"What do you want, Jaebum."

"I just wanted to make sure you are going to work today." Jinyoung rolled his eyes. 

"Why wouldn't I?" He tried to ask innocently but apparently failed because he could hear the other laughing. 

"Jackson called me yesterday. He said Mark was going to ask the CEO about you." Jinyoung felt his cheeks grow warmer. 

"So he really did see me yesterday?" Jinyoung asked as he touched his cheeks with his cold hands trying to cool them off. "And he even asked about me?"

"Yes to both questions." Jinyoung groaned. "What am I going to do, Jaebum. I can't face him again after what I did to him. He probably hates me."

"Like I said before and what I'm going to repeat again, he. does. not. hate. you! He still loves you for goodness sake. Why else would he personally ask your boss about you?" 

"Still, I don't think I can talk to him today. Maybe seeing him from a distance for a few days will help me approach him later."

"Jinyoung, I honestly thought you were supposed to be smart. The more you look at him, the more you will chicken out in the end. It would be better if you just approach him because he's definitely going to approach you. Now go get ready and call me after work and tell me how it goes."

"Bye, Jaebum." Jinyoung hung up before the other could reply. Jinyoung sat up and got out of his bed. He quickly got dressed as he was running late, but of course, he tried to look more presentable than he usually does. Just in case. 

 

When he got to the company, he could feel his heartbeat speed up. He dreaded entering that building so much. He walked to the elevators and pressed the button for his floor. When the elevator door opened he stepped out. He put a fake smile on his face and greeted some people who were already sitting in their cubicle. 

When he got to his desk, he spotted Yugyeom already there, waiting on his desk like he always does. "I honestly thought you wouldn't come today." Jinyoung just ignored the comment and sat in his seat while pulling out some files he failed to do last night. 

"Your ex-lover got here a few minutes ago. He's in his office." That got Jinyoung's attention. "He really is good looking. Almost everyone was making googly eyes at him when he walked in." Jinyoung just rolled his eyes. 

"Can you get off my desk now? I need to finish these. I couldn't do them last night."

"Because you were "sick"?" Yugyeom asked while making air quotes with his fingers. Jinyoung just shoved him off his desk and set his files on the table. 

"Well...that hurt." Before Jinyoung could make a comment he felt someone's eyes on him. He looked up and made eye contact with his ex-lover from across the floor. Everyone had looked up when he had exited and Yugyeom was right. Everyone really was making 'googly' eyes at him.

"I have to go to the restroom," Jinyoung said while getting up. 

"Jinyoung, just talk to him." He heard Yugyeom call out as he ran towards the bathroom. 

 

**************

 

Mark walked out of his office and looked around. His eyes looking for someone in particular. When he finally made eye contact with Jinyoung, he started to walk towards the man. But as soon as Jinyoung recognized him, he literally sprinted towards the restroom. 

Everyone looked to him towards the bathroom door in confusion. Mark could only sigh before following after his ex. 

"Jinyoung?" He asked as he pushed the door open. "Are you in here?" He looked around the corner and saw Jinyoung by the sinks. 

"Why are you here, Mark?" He heard the other ask. It was so quiet that he could barely hear it. 

"I thought you knew. I have a deal with-"

"No, what are you doing here? Why are you even talking to me after what I did to you?" His voice was shaky and Mark could see tears silently running down the other's cheeks through the reflection in the mirror. 

"Because I still love you, Jinyoung. I won't deny it." He said without hesitation and heard Jinyoung's breath hitch. 

"Mark, please stop. I left you so you could get married. I wanted you to move on!" Jinyoung said harshly as he lowered his head. 

"Did you really want me to? Did you really want me to love another person the way I loved you?" Mark snapped. It was silent for a moment. One could only hear their unsteady breathing. 

"Of course I didn't." He heard Jinyoung mumble. "I just wanted what was best for you. I wasn't that."

"Who are you to decide what was best for me?! I wanted you, Jinyoung! I only wanted you! If only you saw how much this separation affected me. If you did, then you would actually know what really is best for me!" Mark could only hear soft sobs coming from the other. He just stayed still for a moment and shut his mouth so he could let the other talk first. His own tears wouldn't stop running down his cheeks. 

"Mark, even if you still love me...you're still married," Jinyoung said in between sobs. 

"Jinyoung, please look at me." The other didn't move an inch. "Please." He watched as the other slowly turned around to face Mark but his eyes never met his own. "Please, Jinyoung, please just look at me." Jinyoung slowly lifted his eyes and was met with Mark's small smile. 

"I would break off this marriage in an instant if that means you'll take me back." Jinyoung looked down again, so Mark slowly got closer to him and lifted a hesitant and shaky hand to wipe Jinyoung's tears. When Jinyoung didn't push him away, he cupped the other's face in his hands and tilted it up so the other would look him in the eyes. 

"Please just think about it." Mark softly pressed his lips onto the other's forehead. He dropped his hands after and turned to walk out of the bathroom. He almost made it to the door when he heard a soft voice. "Please don't leave like how I left you. I only need time." 

Mark just looked at the other again from over his shoulder. He smiled when he saw him looking back at him with pleading eyes. "I will never leave you unless you want me to." Then he opened the bathroom door and stepped out. He could feel every pair of eyes on him, but he didn't care. They could look at his tear stained cheeks and puffy red eyes as long as they wanted. Only if that meant they knew he was in love with Jinyoung.