Chapter 2

Stay With Me

    Mark comes home to an empty house that night. He called Jinyoung multiple times, but it went to voicemail everytime. He was worried the moment he couldn't find Jinyoung in the house, but now he was plain terrified. Did he leave him? Is he gone now? 

 

    After thinking those thoughts, Mark sprinted upstairs to the bedroom. He opened the door and tears started to fall. They kept falling and they wouldn't stop. Nothing was here that belonged to Jinyoung. It was all gone. 

 

    Mark sunk to his knees and bawled into his hands. He thought they were going to fight through this together. He thought that Jinyoung loved him enough to at least try. He trusted him. Did Jinyoung even love him? Did those 4 years mean nothing to him? 

 

    After hours of crying his heart out, Mark finally got up. He took off his tie and jacket and made his way to the bathroom. 

 

    What he saw in the mirror looked pitiful. He looked sick. He was pale, but he had blotches of red on his face. His eyes were stolen and red. His hair was sticking up in all directions from grabbing onto it, and his white button down shirt was wrinkled. He looked terrible, and any sane person would agree. 

 

    Mark went back to his room and changed into something more comfortable. When he was finished he walked towards the bed, but something caught his eye. On the bedside table rested a piece of paper that wasn't there this morning. 

 

    Mark went to grab it and slowly opened it. His heart was beating fast and he was scared to read what it said.

 

Dear Mark, 

 

     I know what I did is unforgivable. I know we will both suffer, but I believe it will benefit you greatly if I leave. You need someone you can be proud of, and someone who can provide children. I am not that person. I will just bring you misery in the future. You might not think so, but I know I would. 

    I know you will hate me, but please know I did this for you. I want what's best for you, and maybe marrying that girl will be it. It might take some time, but I hope you will move on and love her. I want you to be happy Mark. 

    Please be healthy and continue to be the man I fell in love with. It will be hard for both of us, I know. 4 years is a long time, but please do your best to forget me. 

     Please don't come looking for me. You'll just waste your time. I would love to see you one more time, but that might have to be from a distance. 

    Learn to love her, and please be happy. I love you so much!

             

                                                Love,

                                                      Jinyoung

 

    Mark set the letter down with shaky hands. How could Jinyoung think he would benefit him by leaving? How could Mark move on and love someone else? And most importantly, how could he forget him?

 

    Teardrops had stained the paper making it even more delicate and precious than it already was. This was probably the last thing he had of Jinyoung in this house. There was literally no trace that someone else lived in this house. Everything was gone. 

 

    Mark sat on the bed with tears still streaming down his face. His life now, without Jinyoung, will be torture. He couldn't live without him. Jinyoung was his life. How could he be happy without waking up to see him everyday, going to bed without his warm body in his arms, and being able to love him without him disappearing. 

 

    Now, he was gone. He disappeared, and if his note is telling the truth, Mark will never see him again. 

 

----------

 

     "I'm so sorry, Mark." Jaebum said while sitting on the edge of Mark's bed. "I didn't think he would actually leave. I thought I knocked some sense into him."

 

    "I didn't even get to say goodbye. I just came home and he wasn't there. The only thing left of him was that stupid letter. Everything I had of him is gone. He is gone!" Mark started to sob again with the pillow catching the loud gasps for air. 

 

    Youngjae, who was also there, sat down beside Jaebum and started to rub Mark's back soothingly. 

 

    "Do you even know where he went. I just want to make sure he is safe." Mark said looking up at the two. 

 

    "I don't know, but Yugyeom might. Those two were pretty close." Jaebum said. 

 

    "Where's Jackson? Is he back from Hong Kong yet?" Mark asked desperate for the comfort of the Chinese. 

 

     "No, but once he heard what happened, he said he was going to come home as fast as he can." Youngjae said. 

 

    "I really need him right now," Mark said pleadingly. The two nodded. They both knew how close the two were. Mark needed Jackson in times like these and vise versa. 

 

    "I know," Jaebum said while patting Mark's back. 

 

    "Why did he have to leave? I love him so much! Why did he leave me?! Why?!" Mark started again. 

 

     The couple just sat there trying to comfort the older. They didn't know what to do in times like this. Either Jinyoung or Jackson would be here for Mark, but both of them were either gone or not here. 

 

    "We know it's going to be hard for you. We honestly do, but maybe you should try to be open-minded. You will eventually get better and be able to function again, so try to think what you can do when you get better. You always depended on Jinyoung. Now, you need to learn to do things on your own." Youngjae smacked Jaebum on the head after he said that. Then whispered something like 'that's not helping at all, so stop it!'

 

    "I don't think I can Jaebum-ah. I don't think I can."