Chapter 4

Stay With Me

4 years later...

Jinyoung woke up with a terrible backache. His job as a secretary was not working well with him and his poor old bones. Lifting boxes filled to the top with papers and files was difficult and tiresome and Jinyoung wished he had kept his first career as a teacher.

Jinyoung slowly got out of bed and made his way to the bathroom with heavy steps. He dreaded going to work every day. Why? His boss is trying to get into his pants. Jinyoung would always catch the man eyeing his with hungry eyes and he was always too touchy with Jinyoung. He had tried to give the man a hint that he had no interest in him, but he couldn't get it into that thick skull of his.

Once ready and dressed in his daily clothes, which were black slacks and a white button-up shirt, Jinyoung left his apartment. The only good thing about working in this company was his newfound friend, Yugyeom. Jinyoung adored the younger and he was adored back. Sometimes they would bicker, more like always, but they still loved one another as if they were brothers.

They met when Jinyoung started working at the company about four years ago. He was always there for Jinyoung even when he was bawling his eyes out. Yugyeom always listened to him, but he never judged him. And he never left.

Jinyoung had also met a man named Bambam. He was introduced as Yugyeom's best friend, but Jinyoung suspects something bigger. Whenever all three of them were hanging out together, the two were always latched onto each other's sides making Jinyoung feel like a third wheel. 

Jinyoung also kept in touch with Jaebum. They never have time to visit each other, but they always call. He doesn't think he could survive without having Jaebum's advice. He had always regretted not taking his advice that one time, so now he always trusted the elder in whatever he said and always went along with it. Even if it was crazy.

He hadn't spoken to Youngjae or Jackson at all over the years and he missed them terribly. He missed Jackson's crazy and inappropriate jokes. He missed Youngjae's obnoxiously loud laugh. He just missed them in general, everything about them, but he wouldn't dare contact Jackson after he left. He wouldn't want to hear the disappointment in the other's voice.

When Jinyoung entered the huge building, he was met with a hyper Yugyeom. "You're finally here! I've been waiting forever!" He said in a dramatic tone. Jinyoung could only roll his eyes, but that didn't stop his slight grin.

"There was a lot of traffic." Jinyoung used as an excuse. Yugyeom just ignored his reply and dragged him to the elevators.

"They're calling for a meeting later. I don't remember what it's about, but I just know that every employee is to attend." Jinyoung just nodded and let the other drag him to his office once the elevators opened to let them out. He could see the CEO looking at him through the glass window that separated their offices. Being his secretary, he had to be close to the man at all times, and that greatly bothered Jinyoung.

"Is he still bothering you?" Yugyeom said while glancing at their boss.

"Yes, but he hasn't ever laid a hand on me so it's fine. It's mostly him just checking me out or flirting. It gets annoying sometimes though."

"I bet, Mr. Lee is like almost half your age," Yugyeom said while cringing.

"There's nothing I can do about it," Jinyoung said after shrugging. He sat in his chair and tried to busy himself with some paperwork, but Yugyeom sat on his desk blocking all his papers from being reached.

"Can you move?" Jinyoung asked annoyed. He saw Yugyeom smirk and shake his head. He eventually just sighed and leaned back in his chair. "Fine, what do you want?"

"I need your help with Bambam. Do you know if he has any interest in me? Like as in more than a friend." Yugyeom's tone was hopeful and serious and Jinyoung could only laugh.

"It's not my place to say, Yugyeom, but I do believe you have a chance." Jinyoung saw a smile spread across the younger's face and he could only laugh more.

"Okay, now will you let me do my work?"

"Sure! I'll see you at the meeting, hyung. Good luck with the boss! Fighting!" Yugyeom said before scurrying off to his own cubicle. Jinyoung only playfully rolled his eyes. That kid will be the death of him. 

 

**************

A few days earlier...

"Sana, will you please leave me alone? I have to work." Mark said with an annoyed voice. He couldn't get his wife to leave his office. She was literally sitting all over his paperwork.

"But why?" She pouted and Mark could only roll his eyes. "I have to work," He repeated and tried to push her off of his desk.

"I don't see why you're so cruel to me," Sana said as she obviously faked being sad. She pouted even more and made a sniffling sound.

"And I don't see why you're so annoying," He spat back and she scoffed.

"I'm your wife! You can't say that to me!"

"I just did, and if you don't leave, I'll have you escorted out of the building." He said as he scanned a paper not caring about her reaction.

"Fine! I'll see you at home," She said before grabbing her coat and leaving the room. Mark could only sigh as the door was slammed closed. Why couldn't his parents have picked someone else? Someone who was less annoying and y.

"What did you do to your wife, Mark? I just saw her knock all of Mrs. Kim's papers off her desk." Jackson said while chucking as he entered the office.

"Literally nothing. She's just so irritating," He said while rubbing his forehead. Jackson just laughed and sat on the same spot Sana did. Mark just leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes.

"Why are you so stressed?" Jackson asked.

"It's nothing. I just have to go on a business trip in a few days and I can't focus on anything. I have to get this deal with this man, but I can't do that when I'm like this." Mark said while gesturing to himself.

"Just go home and relax a little bit," Jackson advised but Mark only shook his head.

"I can't when the devil is there. She literally pounces me every time I get home. She just can't get the hint that I will never have with her." Mark just shook his head.

"Just stay at my place or at Jaebum and Youngjae's. It's not that big of a deal." Jackson said.

"Thank you, but my parents will kill me if I do. That literally complains to them whenever she can."

"Why do you still let them control your life? They already won. Don't let them win anymore." Jackson said with a frown.

"It doesn't matter anymore. The only thing that was worth fighting for left me four years ago." Jackson could only sigh but he said nothing more. He didn't want to make his friend even more miserable.

"I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Yeah." Jackson headed to the door but stopped when Mark spoke again. "Wait, Jackson, is your offer still up?"

"Of course."

"Then I'll see you tonight. I'll bring pizza and beer."

"Sounds great!"

 

**************

 

Jinyoung left his cubicle when he saw everyone else getting up from their chairs and heading towards the elevator. It must have been time for the meeting. He quickly squeezed into one of the elevators and waited until they arrived at the floor they were meeting at.

Once the elevator opened, Jinyoung saw a huge crowd of people, that were being squished, on the second floor of the company building. He stepped out and looked around for Yugyeom. Apparently the other was looking for him too, as he was waving in his direction.

Jinyoung made his way around people muttering 'excuse me's' over and over again until he finally reached the younger.

"It's about to start," Yugyeom whispered but didn't say anything else. The two stood quietly while waiting for the meeting to start, but Jinyoung couldn't help but hear two lady's conversations.

"I heard he's super handsome!" One whispered loudly to the other. Who? 

"Really? I hope so! It'd be great to get some new eye candy around here." Jinyoung couldn't stop the disgust that appeared on his face. He turned back to Yugyeom.

"Is there a new person coming to the company?" Jinyoung whispered.

"I think so."

"Why is it such a big deal then? They didn't do this when I came here." He saw Yugyeom roll his eyes.

"I thought you were supposed to be smart," Yugyeom said. "It's a CEO from a different company. I think he's coming to make some sort of business deal." He finally said with a shrug.

Jinyoung just nodded in understanding and faced the front. He saw his boss make his way to the front and watched as he rose his hand signaling for silence. A hush fell over the floor as all of the employees listened.

"I would like you all to meet my new business partner. He is the CEO of Tuan Corps in Seoul. He will be here for a few weeks. I hope you all treat him well. I expect every one of you to always help him if he needs it."

Jinyoung watched as the man walked to the front and stood beside his boss. Gasps were heard as he smiled at the crowd. "My name is Mark Tuan and I'm happy to work with you all for the next few weeks."

Jinyoung felt his hands start to shake. Why did he have to come here? Why did it have to be our company that he partnered with? Jinyoung glanced at Yugyeom and was met with a concerned face.

"Are you okay, Jinyoung?" Of course, he wouldn't know who that was. Whenever Jinyoung talked about him, he never used a name.

Jinyoung shook his head. His breathing got unsteady and he felt a drop of sweat drip down from his forehead. He didn't realize how much he missed that face, that smile, until he got to see it again.

When he looked to the front again, he made eye contact with his past lover. He panicked and turned to leave. He couldn't talk to him again. He just couldn't. Why did he have to appear right when Jinyoung felt better again?

Jinyoung quickly walked to the elevators and pressed the button a few times. He had to get out of here.

"Jinyoung!" He heard Yugyeom call. The boy got into the elevator with him. "What happened out there. It looked like you were having a panic attack."

"That's him, Yugyeom. The one I always talked about." Yugyeom's eyes widened at the realization.

"You dated Mark Tuan?" Yugyeom asked in a shocked voice. Jinyoung just nodded.

"Wow."

"Yugyeom, what do I do?" Jinyoung asked helplessly.

"I don't know. I always go to you for relationship advice."

Jinyoung leaned his head back onto the wall of the elevator. Why did he have to be so unlucky? Wait...he could call Jaebum. Jinyoung quickly took out his phone and looked for the contact. It rung a few times until the other picked up.

"Hello?"

"Jaebum...Mark's here!" Jinyoung said as he put his hand on his forehead. He could feel Yugyeom's stare as he waited for Jaebum's reply.

"Where? At the company you work at?"

"Yes, and he saw me!"

"Wow, I didn't expect this. He said he had a business trip he had to go to, but I didn't know it would be yours. Maybe if you would have told me where you worked at, I could have warned you."

"You know I couldn't tell you! You would have told him and he would have come looking for me!"

"Calm down, Jinyoung."

"I can't!"

"Hey, maybe this is a good sign. Maybe this means you two can be together again. So you can have a second chance." Jinyoung scoffed. The elevator door opened and he stepped out quickly with Yugyeom following. Jinyoung hurried out of the building and for his car.

"He's married, Jaebum."

"Yeah, but he's miserable."

Jinyoung stayed silent after that reply.

"He misses you, Jinyoung. It was probably more torture for him than it was for you. You were the reason why he lived. You were his everything."

"I-I know," Jinyoung muttered.

"Good, now I have to go. Youngjae's calling me. Good luck, Jinyoung." The line went silent and Jinyoung sighed. Yugyeom looked at him with worry.

"Who was that?" He asked.

"An old friend." He saw the younger nod in understanding.

"You never told me you dated Mark Tuan." Yugyeom brought up again. 

"Would it have mattered?" He just shrugged.

"I would have liked to have known."

"Okay, then I'm sorry," Jinyoung said before pausing. "Do you think I can call in sick for the next few weeks?" He joked. 

Yugyeom just laughed.