capítulo seis

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum's face fell at the vandalism on her locker. "Fat ", "Ugly", " off man", "Get the hell out of school" - All sorts of insulting remarks were all over the metal door of her locker. The moment she opened her locker, she sighed looking at a mess that the bullies have created. Just then, she heard loud chatters and laughter from a group of people nearing her. Areum was surprised to know that there are still students in school building at this hour. Once lesson ended, Areum rushed to the library to avoid having contact with anyone and she decides to leave when darkness falls, knowing that most of the students would have gone home by then.

"Isn't she the talk of the school today?" 

Areum hid herself from the boys that were making their ways past her. She noticed Do Kyungsoo among the boys and she quickly turned away to avoid eye contact. 

"Yah Xiumin hyung, let's go, don't bother yourself with someone insignificant."

She heard Kyungsoo's deep voice calling her insignificant. Yes, she hopes she will remain invisible and insignificant so that people can forget about this incident quickly and move on. She just wants to graduate smoothly and peacefully, without anyone remembering who she is. After packing her stuff, Areum closed her locker door and made her way to the exit. As she was walking along the garden that leads her to the exit, she heard mewling cry behind the bushes. Out of curiosity, Areum peered her body to see what's behind the bushes and her face lit up when she saw a small cat.

"Oh my," Areum carried the cat and cradled its body in her arms, "Are you injured?" Her smile disappeared when she saw dried blood patch on its limbs. 

"Gochujang!"

The cat jumped down from Areum's arms despite being injured and limped towards the direction of the person calling for its name. Areum lifted her head to see the owner of the legs in front of her and she was shocked to see Sehun. 

"Sehun-ssi..."

Sehun furrowed his brows as he picked up the cat and saw the blood patch on its limbs.

"What are you doing here? And what did you do to Gochujang?!" He asked in an accusing tone.

Areum was slightly surprised by the name of the cat. She quickly denied that and insisted that she wasn't the one who inflicted pain on the cat. Ever since Areum was a kid, she loves animals, especially cats. There is no way she will abuse animals. She was amused to see Sehun showing his gentle side and affection towards the cat, because all Areum has seen was his mean and horrible side. She didn't know the animal-loving side of Sehun exists. Sehun settled the cat down on the grass patch and before he placed a bowl and poured cat food into the bowl for Gochujang. This man who hates her with a passion has a loving and tender side and Areum wonders how many other sides Sehun has yet to show.

Sehun cleared his throat, "Aren't you going to go home? Your ugliness is going to scare Gochujang away."

Never mind about the good words Areum came up with for Sehun after seeing him talking to the cat.

"Are you going to bring Gochujang to the vet later?" She asked, as they both focused on the cat digging its head into the bowl. Gochujang must be really hungry.

"Hmm," Sehun mumbled and Areum nodded.

"That's good, I will get going then..."

Sehun didn't say any further and Areum left, with a dejected feeling inside of her seeing such aloof behaviour from his fiancé. 

 

It's finally the weekend, which means Areum wouldn't have to face the people

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter