summer rain

Captivated in a Flash

πŸ“Œ

Summer rain.

italics- the song that the guy compose. well, a part of it.

πŸ“Œ

It was one summer rain when I first saw her and it was odd seeing her walking under it. Not minding of getting wet instead she just twirled and savored the coldness of the rain drops.

πŸ“Œ

That one summer rain, I offered my umbrella to her

We're beside each other

Walking under the rain which kept falling from the sky

Drenched in her memories, I won't forget the moment she cried

πŸ“Œ

I saw her again sitting on a long bench, under the cherry blossom trees. The plum blossom was blown by the wind as well as her straight black hair. I sit beside her, say hellos and how are yous until we used to talk everytime we tend to see each other.

I would stumble into her during summer rain, offering her again an umbrella. Then pulling my hand and running like kids under the rain. Feeling like we are free from our struggles.

I missed those moments. I missed being with here. Not until, I left. I left her. On the same road when we first met. Coward. I didn't choose her. I thought I would be happy if I chose to chase my dreams. My dream of becoming a successful musician.

πŸ“Œ

Broke her heart and left her that night to the city where I'm going to bound

It was spring again when I saw her again since I left the town

Cherry blossoms fell, I'm hesitant to get near

But seeing her eyes lit up to someone, my vision became unclear

πŸ“Œ

It was spring again which also reminds me of her. What breaks my heart is seeing her with someone, holding hands with a guy, on the same road. There's a pang on my chest at such sight. Yes, I should be happy because she's happy. I don't have the right to forbid her happiness because we weren't lovers anymore. But its hurts. I felt numb. I felt like my world crushed. I felt like I am the most dumb person on Earth, realizing that I lost her. Yes, I am a known musician now. I touched my fan's hearts because of my songs but is it really enough? I felt cold and empty. I am like a barren land now. And I already slipped my chances.

πŸ“Œ

Now that I came back, she's the one I still adore

Now that I want to offer her my heart, but her heart was not mine anymore

All I could do is to offer an umbrella and It's not like everything will return

She's now happy, but not with me, my heart burns

πŸ“Œ

I'm able to get near her, offering her again an umbrella. Nostalgic. She smiled but her eyes changed or I must say, the way she stares at me, changed. The warmth. The adoration. It's gone. It pained me all over again. There's no guarantee that it will still be the same just like before. She had no feelings for me anymore. Why? Is because of the time? Our distance? The heartaches I've caused? Maybe. And I'm sorry for it.

πŸ“Œ

She used to be the girl who made me realize the scent of the earth everytime it's raining,

She used to be the girl who love me and it's overwhelming

It's not the same just as before, she loves another man and it's blinding

The rain stops and she says goodbye, waving and smiling

πŸ“Œ

But I'm happy that she's listening to my songs, warming my heart with her praises and was sincerely glad that I made it. It's more than enough. I'm glad enough that she's not avoiding me. I'm glad enough that she's still talk to me. But I should keep my line. She didn't know that I'm dying to tucked the the loss strands of her silky hair behind her ears and whisper that I'll still love her. But I kept it to myself. She has someone now. Maybe even love him more than she loved me.

πŸ“Œ

Regrets washed over me, If only I stayed then we were still meant to be

If only I chose her then I wouldn't be hurt tormently

I realized, achieving my dreams without her seems pointless

I missed her, my throat dries and the calluses of my heart were endless

πŸ“Œ

Regrets and what ifs washed over me. I felt like I'm floating in the dark ocean, almost breathless, no light, and almost choking. I don't have time machine. I couldn't turn back time. I am not a scientist. I am just a musician who's holding unto something that I should let go now.

I saw her again through the glass wall of the Coffee Shop. She's smiling to his lover and I felt the bitter taste of the black coffee. I shut my eyes. Let go now.

πŸ“Œ

Is this the pain I felt when I said goodbye to her?

That one summer rain, I watched her slowly disappears

As she slowly disappears from my life

That one summer rain, I watched her becoming someone's wife

πŸ“Œ

Her back were becoming blurry to my sight, making it disappears little by little. I stared at her for the last time before I go back to my commitments. For now, I'll let go and continue touching a warming people's hearts through my songs.

I slouched down on the passenger seat of the car, staring at the summer rain and saw changing scenes of those memories. I smiled and thanking her in my mind for loving me and for creating those summer rain memories even if it's just memories now.

πŸ“Œ

f i n


Β