Chapter 18

Power Of Love

Taeyeon's POV

 

I woke up and saw Fany sleeping too. Both of us were lying on the peaceful beach. With slow waves approaching the shore every few seconds.

I lift myself up and rest my elbow on the sand, with my chin on my hand, looking at the angelic face in front of me.

Then I remember what happen earlier on. Thoughts running wild in my mind. So much feelings. My heart starts to ache again.

" Why? .." I was thinking but the words somehow slipped out of my mouth. " Do you love me.. ?"

Then my angel woke up. No, wait. She's not mine anymore..

" Taeng..? "

I ignore her and sit up, grabbing my legs together. Hiding my face between my body and my knees. Because I'm tearing up, again.

I just can't control my emotions when I look at her. But I didn't leave. Because my body wishes to stay with her in this beach, where great memories were made . Although it's not in LA, the affection is there.

" I'm sorry.. " She broke the silence after awhile.. 

However, I still didnt look up.  In fact, I'm sobbing inside. Why? Why are you sorry, Fany ah? I don't want to hear this.. 

 

" Can you tell me everything ?" I ask Fany, in a soft yet audible voice. Still in my turtle-hiding-in-its-shell position. Unable to lift my head up.

I can feel Fany adjusting her sitting position, perhaps to feel more comfortable before she say.

" 10 years ago, my dad merge his company with Mr Parker. They were friends since high school, so they trusted each other a lot. Hence, I knew Dennis since then. We study in the same university in LA. Therefore, we are so close with each other. Apparently, Dennis told his dad that he loves me a lot and wants to marry me .. Mr Parker request about having an engagement before we graduate and get marry when time is ripe. Dad agree the engagement because he thinks that is the win-win situation if Dennis is to take over the whole business that belongs to the Parkers and Hwangs in future. Partly because of Leo didn't want to carry on the family business."

" And you agree ?" This time, I took the courage to look at her. I see sadness in her eyes.

" No. I didn't want to at first. I don't even have those feelings for Dennis. But every time a guy comes near me, Dad will chase them away as if I'm taken. So I didn't have any boyfriend. Except for Dennis.. I give up and accepted the engagement after all the things he did for me. I feel touch. So, I'm willing to try. Even so, I took the chance after I graduate to come back to Korea, because he will be busy helping out in the business after graduation."

 

" I gave excuse to come back to Korea to have a vacation with Sica, and probably staying here longer because I miss my own country. Besides, mum's resting place is in Korea. I miss her.. In Korea, I got my own freedom. Not facing Den almost everyday that makes me sick. I don't have to call or text him daily, neither do I need to listen to my dad commands. But I didn't know going back Korea.."

We shared eye contact for a few seconds and then she continues, not looking anything else but my eyes.

" I didn't know I will meet someone I truly love.. "

My vision becomes blur again. I didn't speak a word. Continue looking at her beautiful eyes.

" Taeng!" She suddenly gave me a big hug, and starts to cry.

" I-I'm sorry.. I know I'm being selfish. But I didn't want to lose you when I know that I love you so much. I want to try. I want us to have a chance together... That's why I remain silent about being engage.. Sorry.. I'm sorry Taeng.. I..I love you.."

I hug her back. her hair. I love you too Fany.. But god seems to want our relationship to end here..

" Fany.. " I pull away the hug gently.

" I love you too.. But unfortunately you belong to someone else from the start.. we met too late." I slowly get up and walk away. 

I look back one last time and saw her crying even louder. Tears rolling down my cheeks. I wipe it away, and continue to walk.

I walk back to the house and saw her sister still sitting in the living room. She turn and look at me. As if I'm an alien.

She looks like she wants to ask me something but probably my tears scare her away. I walk up to Fany's room and packed my lugguage.

 

--

 

I carry my lugguage , walking down the stairs and saw her sister still there. Fany's not back yet. I wonder if something happen to her ..?

As I was about to open the door..

" Where you think you are going? Where's Stephy? Are you trying to be a coward for leaving her when she bravely accepted your love ?"

" She shouldn't in the first place. Please take care of her." I leave the apartment without looking at her when I answer her question.

I walk towards the beach, and I saw her. She's still sitting at the same spot. She seems to be spacing out.. Cautious about being spotted, I sat at a place nearby. A nice view to see her but not for her to spot me.

I call and book an air ticket as I am watching her. Sorry Fany.. It's best if I leave here..

Then after I saw Fany safely went back to the apartment after an hour, I left too, to the airport.

--

 

Tiffany's POV

I told him everything. But he left me. I stay at the beach crying my lungs out. I know I have hurt him. I know It's my fault. But I have never regretted being with him. He change my life. He made me realize that true love exists. He made me understand that Love is everything.

But everything seems to end here. Not like the fairytale ending we all wish..

After thinking about so much at the beach, I walk back to the apartment.

I saw Michelle sitting on the couch. Crossing her arms, looking angry. But I didn't call her. I just drag my feet up the stairs.

" He left. " I pause my footsteps.

" He left, Steph. He left ! Why will you love a guy that leave you once he knows a truth?! Why did you love a man like him? "

I was shock. I didn't hear whatever my sister said after she said that he left.

I ran up the remaining steps and slam open the door and the wardrobe. 

He really left.

 

I start to cry again. Like a waterfall. Leaning against the wall. Hugging my knees. Hoping everything is just a nightmare.