Silent Reading

Blonde Alien Bunnies One-shot Collection { h i a t u s }

 

Everyone in class grumbled as they recieved a novel to read for the next 30 minutes. The teacher gave you a bigger novel and your eyes widened. The teacher smiled, "I know you like to read a lot, so I hope you like that book for the next thirty minutes, and read as much as you want." The teacher walked away and gave ouy other novels to other students.
 
 
You sighed, placing your chin on top of your palm and flipped through the big novel, *As much as I love reading, I'm not in the mood to read.* You started reading the blurb on the back of the book.
 
 
A sudden commotion was heard next to your desk. Everyone looked next to you as the teacher gave Zelo a big book as yours, *Would he be able to read that?* You shrugged and continued reading the blurb.
 
 
"I don't want to read!" Zelo whinned and wiggled his legs underneath his table. The girls giggled at his cuteness as the boys smirked, rolling their eyes. But you, you really didn't care and continued reading.
 
 
"If you don't read for the next thirty minutes, you'll stay in for another thirty!" The teacher threatened. Zelo grumbled and looked at the corner of his eyes. He grinned and looked up at the teacher, "If I read, you can let me sit next to ~~~~ noona, right?"
 
 
You blinked as 26 pairs of eyes turned to look at you. You ducked your head behind the book and flushed, *Why me?!*
 
 
Zelo gave you a small wink and smiled. Your cheeks went red and looked away from his look. The teacher sighed andnodded, "Allright. As long as you read, then you can sit next to her."
 
 
You heard the girls mumbling bad things about you, making your heart heavy. Zelo pushed his desk next to yours and sat next to you, smiling, "Annyeong!" He waved. You awkwardly waved back, "A-Annyeong.."
 
 
"Okay class, start reading!" The teacher started timing from his watch. Everyone started grumbling but started reading. You read, without any problems. Zelo, on the other hand didn't read. Instead of reading, he stared at your face.
 
 
You knew he was staring and felt red with embarrasment. Zelo grinned, *Noona's so cute!* He grabbed a blank paper form his notebook and started writing on it behind the novel. 
 
 
You frowned, *What is he doing?* Shrugging, you went back to reading.
 
 
Zelo placed the pen down on top of the paper and slid it towards you. He tapped your shoulder and you looked at him. He pointed at the paper. Curious, you looked at it.
 
 
Wanna talk for the next 30 minutes? ;)
 
 
An immediate smile creeped up your face. Zelo pretened to read and from the corner of his eyes, he grinned. You picked up his pen and started writing underneath his writing,
 
 
Sure.
 
 
You gave Zelo the paper. Inside, he burst with happiness. 
 
 
What do you wanna talk about, noona? :)
 
 
You replied,
 
 
Anything.
 
 
Hmm.. what's your favourite colour?
 
 
You thought for a second, tapping the pen against your chin,
 
 
Red. Yours?
 
 
Zelo smiled, *We have something in common.* He wrote his down,
 
 
Red, Green and Grey.
 
 
Favourite food? You wrote.
 
 
KIMCHI ~ I'm hungry now >;
 
 
You giggled softly and quietly so no one could hear,
 
 
Mine's kimchi too!
 
 
Zelo's heart pounded when an idea popped into his head,
 
 
We should go out after school and eat kimchi! Can we? Can we? Can we??? :3
 
 
An image of Zelo making a cute face made your knees melt. Luckily, you were sitting on a chair.
 
 
Okay :)
 
 
Let's meet up at the-
 
 
The teacher suddenly stood up from the front of the room and started walking in between the tables, observing students who were quietly reading their book. Zelo quickly shoved the paper inside the back of his novel and turned to the sixth page, pretending to read. You swiftly put the book in front of you and scanned the page.
 
 
The teacher passed by without any worries and you and Zelo caught each others glance in the corner od their eyes and grinned.
 
 
Once the teacher passed by again, walking back to his seat, Zelo took out the paper again and started writing.
 
 
Let's meet up at the front gates. (That was a close one!)
 
 
You softly smiled and replied,
 
 
Okay. Luckily we were still holding our books!
 
 
For the whole period, the two of you sent each other notes secretly behind the teachers back. 
 
 
Soon, the bell had gone and you closed your book as you stood up. You turned to go but Zelo grabbed your wrist, "Yes?-"
 
 
Your eyes widened as he pressed his lips against yours.
 
 
You dropped your books as everyone stopp and looked towards the two of you. Zelo pulled away and winked, "See you after school ~"
 
 
You gasped, "BWOH? YAH, YAH! COME BACK HERE!" You chased Zelo out of the room as you heard his sweet cute laughter down the hallway. Your face turned red and you slapped them with your palms.
 
 
---
 
 
I know. bad ending >;
 
anyone excited for SHINee's comeback?
 
 
How about BTOB's debut? :)
 
I hope you guys liked this chapter! (though it was really really boring.)
 
 
-nhinrae.