Chapter 12

One Letter Coffee 2.0

Turning around in his chair and abandoning his food, Junmyeon spotted Yifan standing by the door.

He had a coat on today, a thick, black, double ed one that nearly reached his knees, and a warm looking, plaid scarf wrapped around his neck. He looked cozy, warm and much like a character out of some cheesy - yet good - drama, and Junmyeon wanted nothing more than to dust off the snow on his shoulders and in his hair, wrap his arms around him under the coat and get a share of the warmth.

The chilly breeze that slipped through the door before it shut behind him didn't help. Goosebumps spread across Junmyeon's skin and he wasn't completely sure whether it was the drop in temperature or the mere sight of the tall man by the door. 
 

"Hello," Yifan said, and smiled politely at the four sat around the table in a way that made something inside Junmyeon's chest squeeze. "Am I interrupting?"

Jongdae was the one who spoke first, unsurprisingly. He was a man of many, many - often quick - words that one. "Come sit with us." He was already making room for him.

Junmyeon opened his mouth to say something, to tell him Yifan might have things to do or places to be, and to maybe add that he should rather ask instead of just instruct him to sit. 

Yifan, however, merely smiled and walked right on over like he didn't mind that instruction at all. 

 

Junmyeon offered him the empty seat beside his own, which Yifan promptly accepted, though not before the two shared a quick, innocent kiss.

It was awkward; Junmyeon's neck was bent in a weird angle, Yifan was all but squatting down to reach him, and three intrusive pairs of eyes were glued to them, but what was new. Still, the taller smelt of expensive cologne that lingered in the air around them for a moment, his lips were soft and nice, and Junmyeon was left with a lack of breath and a racing heart.

The three others were still looking when they parted, Yifan finally taking a seat beside him. If anything, and if possible, they probably enjoyed that kiss more than Junmyeon had - those little creeps - if Jongdae's grin was anything to go by. 

"Did you want to order anything?" Junmyeon asked, ignoring the three others for a moment more. 

"Chanyeol, take his order," Jongdae said before Yifan could even attempt to process what Junmyeon just said, let alone reply. "Why me?"

"Because Jun's busy. Don't you have eyes?" 

 

Not a moment after Chanyeol finally sat back down again, sliding a cup of black, plain coffee and a sandwich across the table, the bell rang again. Jongdae and Chanyeol shared a look, the former only raising an eyebrow, and the latter pushed his chair back again to stand. 

"You're having lunch together, and you didn't invite me?"

This time, it was Luhan, Yifan's accountant, personal date planner and professional secret keeper, who was standing in the door. Like nearly everyone else on days such as this one, he was wrapped up in a coat and a scarf. 

"This is what I get for helping you confess your undying love for each other?" 

With that he strolled right on over, grabbed a chair from a nearby table and sat down with them, loosening the scarf around his neck and ping his coat. 

"The regular?" Junmyeon asked before anything else could be said, and got up from his seat. "Yeah, to go, please. I don't have time to stay."

"Letter?" 

"R."

"Not that many left, then," Junmyeon heard Chanyeol say from behind him. "Yeah, only..." Sehun paused. "Five," Jongdae finished for him, quick enough for the older to know that he was keeping count. 

When he glanced at them over his shoulder, Yifan's gaze met his own. He looked puzzled to say the least, clearly not having been aware that everyone else knew what was happening with Luhan. Junmyeon merely shrugged and turned his attention back to the latte in question, pen in hand.

Luhan was out of his seat and out the door the moment he got his order. They sat and looked at each other for a moment, well Yifan and Junmyeon did while all the others went back to eating and talking as if nothing had happened.

 

"So, Yifan."

Junmyeon would have lied if he said he didn't physically feel his heart rate pick up in that moment at the sound of Jongdae speaking. He expected the worst; questions about their relationship, inappropriate questions, just weird questions in general, or maybe he decided this was a good time to ask how many digits Yifan's bank account contained. Who knew, honestly. 

"Have you started on Christmas gifts yet, or?"

Junmyeon visibly relaxed, though who knew what the follow up question might be. 

"Yeah." He watched Yifan take a sip of his coffee. "I've had Zitao buy a couple."

"Great, I'd like a car." Junmyeon found Jongdae's feet under the table, giving his shin a gentle kick. "I thought Chanyeol was fixing yours?" he then said, ignoring the offended glare he got in return. "It's only a dent in the door, isn't it?"

"Oh, he tried," Jongdae replies, and Junmyeon faintly remembered having seen him disappear out the door for an hour or so, though he had forgotten to ask where he'd been when he eventually came back. "And managed to take the door off."

Sehun choked on his water, and Junmyeon reached over to pat him on the back.

"I'll call you a mechanic," Yifan - sweet, kind, helpful Yifan - offered, already reaching for his phone. "I'll have him stop by before your shift ends. Shouldn't take too long." He was out of his seat before Junmyeon could even attempt to stop him, because he really didn't need to do this. Jongdae could surely find one himself, or they could try fixing it together. It was only a car door after all. How hard could it be?

"Hey, if you're not asking him to be your boyfriend, I certainly am," Jongdae said the moment Yifan was out of earshot. Chanyeol sounded all but pleased about that statement, and Junmyeon just shrugged his shoulders, either in defeat, annoyance or just to give him at least some sort of reply. 

Jondae was just going to have to ask, then, so it seemed.