Coming Back Home

Stranger or Lover

 

 

The flight from New York City had arrived on gate four.

 

 

*BeepBeepBeep*

 

“Yoboseyo?”

“Miss Kwon, have you arrived?”

“Yeah, I’m here finally.”

“Good, then I’ll tell-“

“No! I want to enjoy a day here first, please don’t tell dad.”

“But Mr. Kwon is waiting impatiently here..”

“Trust me, Eunsung, just a day. The next day I’ll be home.”

“O-okay Miss. I cannot forbid you. Take care.”

“Deh, thanks.”

 

 

Yuri walked past the gate, wearing her sunglasses as the sunshine hit her eyes. She headed to the cab while sending her gazes to the surrounding.

 

‘This town has changed a lot since I’m gone..’

 

She handed the taxi driver her luggage and flashed a smile. She went in, but unfortunately a man hurriedly got in the cab too.

 

‘To the Hwang Hotel please.’

‘To the Han River, sir.’

 

They said simultaneously, caused the taxi driver to look at them, confused. He was not the only one who felt confused, Yuri and that man also. They exchanged glance for a while with strange look before start arguing.

 

‘I’m sorry, but I get in here first.

Yuri stared at him sarcastically, but the latter seemed to not care.

 

‘Like I care.. please sir, just go to the Hwang Hotel.’

‘Hey, I told you I’m the first one here. Just go and get another cab!!’

‘I don’t have much time, young lady. And I really appreciate it if you get off this taxi, because I’m not going to.’

‘Just get the hell out of here!’

 

Yuri violently pushed the man to the side with her hands. In fact, the man remained still. She cannot even move him an inch.

 

‘There IS another taxi around here, and there IS a lot,’ she yelled, completely annoyed.

‘You’re wasting my time,’ the man rolled his eyes.

‘Wha- you.....’

‘I’m staying here, or you wanna go with me?’

 

‘Phfffffttt fine. It’s better I leave. My first day in Seoul, already meet such an irritating man who also flirts.’

She stepped outside the cab, leaving the man with mocking smile on his face like he just won an eating contest with such pride.

 

 

**

 

 

*Beep*

’Eh? 10 missed call?’

‘Fany…’

 

 

“Yoong! Where have you been?! I’ve called you like ten times but you never answer!”

“I’m sorry, Fany-ah. The plane just landed. It was delayed.”

“…”

“Fany-ah? Hello? Aish…I know you’re mad but please, I will make it up for you.”

“..really? You’re not lying again like when you promised me to pay a visit on my birthday right?”

“Of course not! Right now, it’s vacation. I’m taking some days off so I can visit you Fany-ah.”

“Then come here fast! I’m waiting!”

“Yeah, see you~”

 

 

‘Of course I will make it up for you, Fany.’

Yoong fished something in his pocket and took out a tiny box. He opened the box and revealed a couple bracelets.

‘Fany-ah, wait for me...and the surprises,’ he chuckled.

 

When he put the tiny box back in his pocket, he glanced and found a purse.

‘Whose purse is this....? Maybe..belong to that woman before. Now how am I gonna do..?’

 

He checked the purse and took a look at her ID card.

‘Kwon Yuri…I think I know where is this address. She might be looking for this, I’ll just return her purse after I meet Fany.’

 

 

**

 

 

‘I am not in the mood to get another cab right now..really, he just destroy my mood!’ she groaned and sat on a bench. She sighed and looked at the clear sky. ‘At least the weather today is nice.’

 

Yuri observed people around her, and sometimes she smiled to one or two passerby who also smiled to her. She loved to be in her hometown again after a long time.

 

Then, an ice cream stall caught her eyes.

 

‘I guess eating an ice cream can at least boost up my mood.’

 

Yuri eagerly walked to the ice cream stall along with her luggage. She greeted the ahjumma warmly and ordered an ice cream.

 

‘One chocolate ice cream, please,’ she smiled, pointing at the chocolate ice cream picture.

‘Ok, here you go..’

The ahjumma handed her the ice cream. Yuri received it with big grin on her face and it once, before she opened her bag to pay for the ice cream. But much to her dismay, she cannot find her purse.

 

‘Damn, where the hell is my purse…’

 

Yuri kept searching her purse in her bag, but still she couldn’t find it.

 

‘Is there any problem, Miss?’

‘Ah no~ I j-just cannot find my…my purse..so-‘

 

‘That’s fine, I’ll be paying.’

 

Suddenly a man approached behind her. She was shocked, not because of his appearance, but because why there is someone good enough to help her. She turned to meet the man, smiling to her.

 

‘Eh? I think I know you…’

‘You’ve forgotten me, Yuri? So cruel..’

‘You…Hyoyeon?!’

‘Yep~ you got it right~’

‘Omo! You’ve changed, Hyo!’

 

Yuri hugged Hyoyeon tightly. He replied it with his hug, which caused her to yelp.

 

‘O-okay Hyo...now stop hugging me so tight otherwise I’ll suffocate..’

Hyoyeon finally broke the hug.

‘Ah, sorry. I’m just really happy to see you again!’ he pulled her into another hug.

 

‘Ok s-stop, Hyo…I understand it but other people might m-mistake us as..as a couple.’

They both broke their hug and looked at the ahjumma shyly.

 

‘Here’s the change, thank you.’

‘You’re welcome. So… Hyoyeon, how are you?’ Yuri said as she walked away from the stall, going to the bench.

‘I’m great. I’m just graduated and now gonna teach in dance class at Seoul Art School, how about you?’

‘I’m already finished my study in NYC. I’m going to help dad’s business here.’

‘But your dream is becoming a model, right?’

‘Helping my dad’s business is only when I have spare time as a model..’ she said, smirking proudly to him.

 

‘Wow Yuri, you got all of it. You’re beautiful, smart, and... Ah, I just wish I found a perfect girl like you…’

‘Then why don’t you date me?’ she teasingly asked, made the latter to act awkward.

 

‘Don’t say that, I know I’m not your type.’

‘But I am your type…’

They both exchanged glances and laughed.

‘Just forget it Yuri. We both know we are not meant to be a couple.’

‘Yeah, we match each other, but not as a lover, but more likely…’

‘The pranksters!’ they both shouted wittily in unison, threw their fists to the air.

 

 

‘By the way, you lost your purse?’ Hyoyeon asked, broke the silence between them.

‘Ah right. Now you remind me about that again…’

‘Did you remember where the last time you saw it?’

 

Yuri rubbed her chin, showing that she was thinking.

 

‘Ah! It must be dropped at the cab, when that stubborn man barged in!’ she snapped. ‘Geez, I have all important things there. There is also some cash.’

‘A man? Who?’

‘I don’t know, the only thing I know about him is that he is really stubborn.’

 

 

**

 

 

‘Where is he……’

 

Tiffany impatiently mumbled as she glanced at the big restaurant clock. It was 1 in the afternoon. Her hands support her head against the table for quite some time, but there’s no sign of Yoong. She sighed and buried her head in her hands, but then she tilted her head when she felt someone tap her shoulder.

 

‘Yoong!’ she jolted up, but she just found her dad’s servant.

‘I’m sorry, Miss Hwang. Mr. Hwang is looking for you.’

‘Mr. Hwang? Oh daddy… err..just tell him I’m home already,’ she shushed him.

‘Alright..’

 

As the servant went away, Tiffany buried her head again in her hands. When someone ruffled her shiny black hair, she shouted angrily.

‘I told you to-‘

‘Fany-ah? What’s wrong?’

 

‘Yoong!’ she squealed in happiness and welcomed Yoong with koala hug.

‘Ugh, Fany-ah, you’re pretty heavy now..’

‘You pabo! Instead of praising, you just tease me right after you come back! Pabo!!’ she knocked his forehead only to receive a pout from him.

 

‘Stupid, don’t show me your aegyo, Yoong..’ she hugged him. ‘I miss you, a lot.’

‘I miss you too, Fany-ah…’

 

 

**

 

 

‘You never change, you still eat a lot.’

 

Tiffany giggled, seeing the empty plates on their table. Yoong just smiled sheepishly and cleared his throat.

‘Actually, I want to talk something really serious.’

‘Bwo? What is it? Your face suddenly turns serious.’

 

‘Tiffany…’ he held her hand and looked at her eyes. ‘I want you to be my girlfriend.’

 

Tiffany was dumbfounded. She didn’t respond him for a few second, until she understood what he really meant.

‘What? You..you want me to be your girlfriend?’

‘Did you hear me or not?’

‘I’m not deaf…’

‘Then answer me.’

 

Tiffany felt her heartbeat stopped for a while. She became nervous. The man whom she always liked for so long finally asked her out. She didn’t expect him to ask her out, but he just did.

 

‘Yes…’ she uttered in her low voice.

‘I cannot hear you,’ Yoong .

‘YES!’ she jolted up, receiving a glare from people around them.

‘Alright, I know you’re so excited. So am I, Fany-ah,’ he laughed at her reaction, then embraced her.

 

 

‘I have something for you… I mean for us.’

Yoong took out the tiny box and wear the bracelet on his hand. He also put one on her wrist. Tiffany watched it while smiling blatantly.

‘This is the sign of our relationship. We’re official now.’

 

 

 

 


 

 

It's official, first chapter~ :3