Chapter 4

I’ll Never Let You Go

 

 

The morning sun was shining in the room, Jeongmin pulled the blanket over his head to block off the light. He heard buzzing sound coming from the side table beside the bed. He stretched his arms out to grab his phone. It was a message from Minwoo.

 

Hyung, I heard from Donghyun hyung that you were sick >.<

Are you feeling better now?

-Minwoo

 

Jeongmin smiled, with just a short message, he can safely conclude that Donghyun was with Minwoo last night. During these three years where he lost his memories, Minwoo was his only friend there for him in hell. Only recently he then met Donghyun, who was a regular customer of Minwoo. His life then changed from then on.

 

Don’t worry, I’m okay now.

-Jeongmin

 

Jeongmin smiled slightly to himself, how he wished he could go and see how his cute little Minwoo is doing right now. It’s has been almost a week since he last met him. He got off the bed, still feeling a bit giddy but he still managed to balance and not fall down.

 

He went to the living room to see Hyunseong already dressed up for work. Jeongmin noticed Hyunseong’s tie was a little crooked, he walked up to him and adjusted his tie for him. Hyunseong was a little surprised at first but then he ruffled Jeongmin messy hair.

 

“Why didn’t you sleep a little while more?” Hyunseong cupped his cheeks and looked into Jeongmin’s eyes.

 

“I couldn’t sleep anyway.” Hyunseong become worried, thinking that Jeongmin woke up because he was feeling unwell.

 

“Are you feeling unwell? Do you need me to call up the doctor?” Hyunseong leaned his body down a little to test Jeongmin’s temperature with his forehead.

 

“Ah-no. I’m okay. Really.” Jeongmin blushed slightly at their close distance before looking away.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes. I’m okay.” Jeongmin said it more firmly this time round.

 

“Alright. Take care. Call me if you are not feeling well. I don’t want to come home and find you unconscious again.” Jeongmin nodded. He could feel the warm fuzzy feeling in his heart. Hyunseong leaned down for a quick peck on his forehead and left.

 

Is this what people feel when someone cares?

 

Jeongmin didn’t hate the feeling, he loved it. He loved how warm his hearts feels when he hears Hyunseong caring for him. He closed the door behind him. He enjoys the life he’s having right now, so free and unrestricted. He can get all the sleep he wants and most importantly is that he doesn’t have to suffer humiliation anymore. Well, at the moment for now.

 

He sat down on the couch and looked at his phone. No message. He sighed a little in disappointment but he can understand. With his lover around, who would care about best friend?

 

 

 

Jeongmin decided to make himself useful by making lunch and sending over a lunch box to Hyunseong. He started to get himself busy in the kitchen. Someone unlocked the front door with the keys, the sound alerted Jeongmin who was in the kitchen. Jeongmin walked out of the kitchen to take a look.

 

Is that Hyunseong?

 

Jeongmin then took a peek at the unknown person standing at the door. He was much taller than him but somehow about the same height as Hyunseong. The guy bowed politely with a small smile on his face when he saw Jeongmin. In return, Jeongmin bowed.

 

Although it was the second time he saw Jeongmin, he couldn’t help to feel a little creepy. The person standing right in front of him looked exactly like the Hyunseong’s lover who died three years ago. It’s like his soul was standing right in front of him but he knows it’s a living human standing in front of him.

 

 “Good afternoon, Mr Lee. I’m Hyunseong’s butler. Jo Youngmin. You can call me Youngmin.” He couldn’t deny he was freak out yesterday when he saw Jeongmin, especially finding him fainted on the couch.

 

“Good afternoon. You can call me Jeongmin.” Youngmin nodded.

 

Even their voices sound so alike.

Does that mean he could sing like how Jeongmin did?

Even the way they introduce themselves, it’s the same.

 

Jeongmin then went back to the kitchen to continue his cooking.

 

“By any chance… Do you know where Hyunseong work?” Youngmin was taken aback by his question but still answered.

 

“Ah, yes I do.”

 

“Can you give me his address? I want to bring him lunch.” Youngmin’s eyes widen and kept silence to think about it for a moment. Youngmin thought that it was thoughtful of Jeongmin to do so but does he really has to give him personally?

 

“How about I do it for you?” Jeongmin frowned.

 

“Why?” He didn’t really want to include the part where he looked exactly like Jeongmin and he’s worried that he might freak people out. He paused for a moment to think of an excuse.

 

“You won’t be able to pass the security.” He stated the reason. Youngmin was right. Jeongmin couldn’t possibly say that he’s Hyunseong’s lover because the real Jeongmin has died three years ago. He won’t be able to persuade the security to let him in with his current position. It was better to let Youngmin do the job.

 

“Thanks and sorry for the trouble.” Jeongmin thanked Youngmin and started packing the food into the lunch boxes.

 

“No worries.” Youngmin stood aside looking at Jeongmin who was smiling blissfully as he packed the lunch.

 

Do you really love him like how Lee Jeongmin did?

Or do you just love his money?

If you really love him, then don’t leave him like how Lee Jeongmin did.

I don’t want to see him breaking down again.


I'm back, apologize for not updating. I just realized there's really too little jeongseong fanfic around >.<

I'll try to update frequently from now, short but frequent :D