[08

My heart is yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already high noon when Seungcheol exited from his father's study. His expression seemed calm but the emotions inside were madly stirring.

The discussion he had with his father could be said to be the most tense they have ever had. Seungcheol would be lying if he hadn't expected for things not to go smoothly yet he didn't expect it to be so draining.

His father was adamant, honestly dog-headed that he retain his position as heir but as Seungcheol had patiently explained since morning, he has no more time left. His disease had been consuming him far too quickly, his health rapidly deteriorating by the day. It was only a matter of time for the inevitable thus Seungcheol had come to such a decision. He knew his father truly treasured him but continuing to be stubborn would only lead to more pain and suffering.

"It's a truth we have to face and it's a truth we cannot escape," he told his father.

And in that moment, Seungcheol had seen his father - the majestic and formidable City Lord, Choi Seunghyun - at his lowest. He noticed the white streaks in his usually dark locks. He noticed the many wrinkles on his usually  vigorous and youthful face. His father then seemed to have suddenly aged. It broke his heart but he steeled his resolve. Seungcheol had already accepted his fate yet his father still had not. He needed to let go; he needed his father to let him go.

Jeonghan stared at him with a solemn expression, knowing full well the reason for the discussion. Seungcheol returned it with a calm and reassuring smile. He patted his best friend's shoulder and simply said, "All will be well, Hannie."

"Why can't you just tell him?" The young attendant felt indignant at his friend and master's fate. It was truly unfair. "Maybe he feels the same!" he tried yet again.

Seungcheol merely shook his head. He then unhurriedly walked back towards his courtyard.

 

**

The moon graced his courtyard with a bright, silver luminescence; the usually lively sight glowing in tranquility and serenity. Seungcheol sat beneath a peach tree, gazing at the brilliantly shining stars in the vas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter