[10

My heart is yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol breathed his last a few days after Soonyoung’s visit. The younger had cried a river when he saw the young lord’s lifeless body. The grief was too much for him to keep it all inside. He poured out the pain, the sorrow, and the heartache; his death had terribly taken a toll on him.

On the day of Seungcheol’s funeral, he was filled with an undeniable sense of loss. The young lord was his best friend, his support and his safety net; he was the most important person in his life – even more than his own family. Without him, Soonyoung felt like half of him was viciously ripped out, his heart ruptured and cruelly torn apart. He watched – sorely numb – as the coffin was slowly laid down on its final resting place. He watched – oddly detached – as the workers threw pile upon pile of dirt, eventually burying him.

Choking down a wail, Soonyoung bid farewell to his friend.

 

**

Back in his quarters, the younger tightly grasped a letter Jeonghan had handed to him on Seungcheol’s death bed. It was the young lord’s last wish, his final request for his longtime servant and confidant.

Soonyoung gingerly opened the letter, a wisp of herbal medicine lingering on the paper. His heart tugged painfully. The familiar fragrant gnawing at his emotions. Tears then started flowing down his cheeks without him noticing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter