Chapter 8

Sunrises in Nippon

Source

 

The 4 sat together in a circle, waiting for Jun to arrive; they had talked about what to say and how to say it for a few minutes.  Jun was always a little early so they expected him to arrive at any moment.  He finally came in, when he saw his band-mates brightly, and for a few moments they felt like they were seeing their old Jun again.

"Hey guys!"

Walking up to each of them he gave them a hug, taking the final seat open he looked around at them. 

"You guys are here early.  Is something going on?" 

They couldn't meet with his gaze, and a few of them coughed, looking to Ohno. 

"Riida?  Doua?"

Ohno sighed, "Jun, we're all here because of you." 

He held a hand up at the younger man’s questioning look

"We're worried about you Jun-Pon" Aiba explained simply.

"Worried about me?  Why would you be worried about me?" He said quickly, forcing a chuckle. 

The others simply gazed at him, their eyes saying it all

"You don't need to pretend Jun.  Don’t you can trust us?  We've been together for so long now." Sho said gently. 

The others nodded their agreement and Jun felt his resistance slowly melt away.  He put his head in his hands, these men were his friends, they were his best friends, and he’s been with some of them since he was about 12.  Why was he blocking them out? He shook his head

"Moushiwake Gozaimasen" before he broke down crying.

Aiba was the first one at Jun's side, enveloping him in a hug, he simply held him as the rest of the group all came together on the floor right in front of Jun's chair and simply held him close. 

"I don't know what to do.  I don't know what I did wrong." He whimpered softly. 

"You did nothing wrong Jun, can't you see that?  This girl, I know this may sound mean to say but, this girl she doesn't deserve you." 

"Nino's right Jun; you should be with someone who loves and cares for you; someone who is understanding and won't try to manipulate you, or make you feel bad if your schedule is too busy for you to see her."

“Jun, we aren’t trying to tell you how to live your life.  Demo, we want to make sure your life is the best it can be.”

Jun looked up, not caring that his tear stained face was visible, these men, they were his best friends.  They loved him and they only wanted the best for them.  Yes, he knew he was being stupid for pursuing this girl even after everything she had done to him and the hell she had been putting him through.  He hadn’t realized how attached he was to her, until she had left.  He felt so empty, he felt unloved, and he felt like he hadn’t been good enough for anything.  He had wanted her, no needed her to take him back to remind him that he was worth something; and here were his best friends coming together to remind him how special he as.  They weren’t ordering him to break up with her, and honestly it would’ve been easier to resist if they had done that.  He would have put on his DoS attitude and demanded to know what right they had to dictate his life, but no- here they were with hugs and encouraging words.  He never really felt like he said it enough, but he knew he wouldn’t have made it this far in his career, or even in his own life it he hadn’t been put in a band with these 4 men.

“Kimitachi o aie” he said hoarsely. 

The others smiled and Sho ruffled his hair “Hey, anything for our Diva.”

Jun finally composed himself, and they 5 of them sat in a simple circle on the floor. 

Sho asked cautiously “So, what are you going to do?” 

Jun sighed and spun his rings “Something I should have done a long time ago.” 

Ohno laid a hand on his shoulder “Are you gonna be ok?”

 Jun smiled and looked around the room at the others “I will be, as long as I have you guys.” 

Nino nodded “We’ll never leave you Jun.”

The other nodded their agreement.  Jun took a deep breath

“I know. Riida? Do you think you all could do the recording today without me?  I’m afraid that if I don’t go now I’ll chicken out.” 

The older man smiled “Sure thing, I’ll take care of everything.” 

Jun couldn’t help but chuckle “You know, it’s so weird hearing you say that. Sho?” He said turning to look at the second oldest

“I’ve got it” he replied with a smile.

“YAH! Are you saying I am incapable?!”

The leader demanded angrily as Jun left the room, leaving the others to soothe his wounded pride.