Chapter 7

Sunrises in Nippon

Source

 

Anna walked into her house, with a sigh.  She took off her shoes and called out

“Sano-Sama, Tadamia!” she smiled as she saw her Siamese cat meow and scamper towards her, scooping him up she cooed “Did you miss me?  I’m sorry I had to go into work today”

Carrying the cat to the kitchen she pulled out a can of cat food

“Look what I got you, as an apology.” she laughed

After opening the food she watched her cat eagerly eat, him she murmured softly

“Ah, Sano-Sama.  If only there was a way to help Jun-San.” 

Her cat looked up at her, his face “HEY! Don’t you look at me like that! I know what you’re thinking.”

Getting up off the floor she dusted herself off

“I’m going to take a shower” she huffed, leaving her cat to finish off the rest of his meal in silence. 

After a shower, both Anna and her cat were snuggling on the sofa watching the newest TV programs

“Sano-Sama, I’ll never understand why they must play Arashi’s tv shows so late at night”

She complained as her cat stretched and repositioned himself on her lap.  Her attention was once more on the TV when she heard the host asking the band about their love lives.

(Nino) “Well I’m not really looking for a relationship right now.  I’m completely fine with where I am at.  I have my family, Arashi and my fans.  I am content and lack nothing as of right now.

Anna noticed all of Arashi but especially Ohno give a firm nod in consent and she smiled to herself as she watched the older man nonchalantly placed his hand on the younger’s knee

“SANO! SANO LOOK SEE! Ai KAWAIIIIIII!” She squealed awakening her cat and causing him to jump off the couch, leaving her to giggle and clap by herself.

(Host) “Ohno-San?”

(Ohno) “Well, I would have to agree with Ninomiya-Kun on this one.  I have everything I need right now.  I am very content with where I am.  I get to be in Arashi, I have amazing fans, and I still get to go fishing from time to time.”  He smiles sheepishly.

Anna covered to stop her screams even though she was alone in her house. 

“I- Can’t! Omo! I can’t!” she gasped

(Host) “Ne?  So what about the rest of Arashi?”

(Aiba) “Ano, I guess I’ll be the first to admit that I would like a relationship.  It’s not a #1 priority because obviously I am very busy right now, but still I think about it. From time to time.”

(Sho) “Well, I mean, I try not to think about it, because from experience, wishing or thinking about something you know you can’t have right now isn’t the best thing for you.  It ruins your focus, and that’s what I am trying to do- stay focused”

(Host) “And Jun-San?  How do you feel?”

(Jun) “I’ve actually tried to give up on love for the time being..  I’m, I’m realizing that I’m not ready for a relationship.”  He nodded; it seems more to convince himself than anything else. 

The look that set across his face pained Anna. 

Ninomiya scoffed and made a joke “MatsuJun is the romantic out of us, so for him to be like this, well, I don’t think this is a good thing.  None of us might ever find love” 

Aiba interjected “Omo! You’re right! I counted on his girlfriend to find someone for me” turning to Jun he ‘begged’ “Please MatsuJun, reconsider?” 

Jun laughed and gave the older man a playful shove but Anna could see it.  She could see it in all of their eyes, no matter how hard they all tried to fake it for the cameras.  No matter what the people believed.  Jun truly was giving up on love. 

--------

(A few days later)

Nino stepped into the building, went to the elevators and rode up to his floor. 

Standard procedure, nothing to be nervous about he told himself why am I so nervous?

He wondered, but he knew.  Today was the day; he had let everyone know to get to the studio about 15 minutes early, everyone except Jun.  Today was the day that as a group they told him that they were worried. Yes worried.

Jun was on a path to disaster, instead of nagging and making sure everything was perfect, he would let things slide.  Some people might think that this was a good thing, but they all knew better, if Jun let ANYTHING slide under his watch that meant something was terribly wrong.  While the members were not sure if he had gotten back with that girl or not, they could not believe that their Jun would want to take- no scratch that- he would beg for a girl to come back after he caught her cheating on him. 

Jun knew he was better than this, he knew he deserved more than that; and not because he was Matsumoto Jun- Member of Arashi, Fashionista, The DoS, Domyouji.  Or whatever it was that made him famous, that’s not why he deserved more.  He deserved more because Jun was passionate, he threw his heart and soul into any and everything he did and everyone he came in contact with.  Nino had the luxury of meeting Jun’s girlfriend before, and by luxury he ties that into having your teeth pulled without any anesthetic.  He didn’t know why or how this girl had connived her way into his friend’s heart, but he was having a hard time allowing her to stay there and tear the poor boys heart apart.  He knew that as a good friend and a proper person he couldn’t do what he wanted to do and demand Jun to break up, so instead he thought about it and decided that a nice small talk, just saying how they were worried about him, would be enough.  He was visibly deteriorating and it wouldn’t be long before rumors would be spreading.

The man breathed out a sigh before opening the door and seeing 3 of his 4 band members there, with stone carved faces, all trying to figure out how to protect their friend, without crushing him.