Chaprer 4

Sunrises in Nippon

Photo Source: My fandom Tumblr

 

The 4 other Arashi members entered followed by Hibari-Chan.  Making eye contact with Anna, Hibari slyly winked and then clapped for attention. 

“Arashi-San, Hontoni Gomenosai, but I have been called to work on another shoot so I will not be doing your make-up today.”

“Does that mean...We have to do it ourselves..?”  Ohno asked cautiously. 

Jun rolled his eyes as Anna quietly giggled

Hibari smiled “Iie, you’ll be fully taken care of by my assistant”

 Hibari answered as she motioned toward Anna. The girl bowed as the four men took notice of her.

“Hibari-Chan... A word please?” Anna said grabbing her friends’ wrist and dragging her out the room.

Once the girls had left Sho turned toward Jun as the other 3 fought to fit on the couch. 

“So what was that all about” the older man inquired.   

“Hmm?  What are you talking about Sho-Kun?”  Jun asked nonchalantly

“Well. You and the girl... She turned red when we walking in and you were kind of close to her..” Sho’s voice trailed off, unsure of how to proceed.  Jun scoffed as he flopped into a chair

“Sho!  Why must you over analyze everything?  I walked into the room before you guys right?  Obviously I’m not going to ignore the other person in here.  Seriously, you’re too ridiculous”

Sho rubbed the back of his neck in frustration and said softly

“Gomenosai Jun, it’s just that. Well I worry about you”

Jun shot him a glare

“Not because you’re the kind of guy who’d do anything and it’s just that... I’m worried about, you know who.” 

And with that the door opened again, revealing an obviously nervous Anna. As she hesitantly stood in the doorway she looked at the 5 men and asked

“Uhm. So... How are you guys?”

Sho raised an eyebrow at Jun who simply nodded

So she’s a fan Sho thought to himself as he smiled at her attempts to remain calm and professional. 

Ohno chewed on an apple as he replied  “We’re all good.. Uhmm.Miss...uhh”

 “Anna” she said smiling.

“Ahh that’s such a pretty name!”  Aiba cooed causing her smile to widen

“Hontoni?!”

The man nodded energetically.

“So Anna-San” Nino asked stretching as he shut off his game “Have you ever heard of Arashi before?”  A snort from Jun caused Nadine to glare at him before answering

“Hai, I have.  You all have very nice music.”  

“Oh?! So does that mean you’re a fan? Who’s your bias?”

Aiba inquired standing in front of the girl, bending down to eye level.  Sho gently pushed Aiba away, scolding him for being so forward.  After a smile to the girl he said

“Maybe we should get started.”

Anna nodded and quickly asked one of them to sit down.  Aiba plopped down and promptly asked again to know her bias.  Anna knew she was a terrible liar, and hey since she had already embarrassed herself in front of the one man who she practically worshipped, what was there to lose?

“MatsuJun-San”

A teasing chorus of OHHHHHHS followed as Anna blushed furiously.  As Aiba got off the chair and Ohno sat down Nino leaned over the sofa’s arm and asked

 “Ne, so who is your nii-ban?  I’ll bet it’s me since you like video games.”  He smirked pointing toward her messenger bag decorated with pins and Nintendo key chains.

“You’d think so wouldn’t you?” She smiled “But actually it’s Riida-San”

“EH!?” replied a very startled and blushing Ohno. 

She nodded, Nino settling back down on the sofa muttering about the inappropriateness of liking the youngest and then the oldest of the group. 

“If it’s any condolence to you Ninomiya-San” the girl started, causing the whiner to look at her “You are my inspiration”

Nino’s eyes shone “Hontoni?”

“Yes, I’ve always wondered how such a brat could be beloved by so many”

His reaction caused the entire room to erupt in roars of laughter; Sho, unable to control himself fell out of his chair onto the floor. 

“HOW.DARE.YOU.” Nino seethed but his face cracked into a smile as Anna winked at him “and I admire your video game skills”

“Obviously” he smirked, slapping Ohno’s as he rose from the seat.

“Ai!”  the older man cried out causing the two to giggle

“Ahh, beautiful OhMiya” Anna whispered to herself still smiling. 

Nino had caught her words and grinned “So you ship OhMiya?”  

“Who doesn’t?!” she asked after giving him a blank stare

“People” he shrugged

“Yeah” Aiba piped up “People would rather ship JunToshi or Yama pair you know.” 

Anna shook her head as she applied powder to Nino’s twitching nose “OhMiya’s the number one” she stated matter-of-factly.

 Ohno grinned sheepishly “But I love all of Arashi..” he said simply

 “YAH! Don’t you dare lie Satoshi!” Nino yelled from the chair, watching Ohno’s smile form in the mirror “You love me more!” 

“Anything you say Nino, anything you say”

As Sho sat down Anna sighed “I don’t know why they put you guys through make-up.  You’re all flawless”

 Sho looked up at her surprised “What?  Did you even look at my face?”

He pointed to a small pink bump by his jawline.  Anna smiled as she applied cream and cover up to the rappers face. 

“Your fans will always find you flawless and perfect Sakurai-San.  That goes for all of you” she said looking at the other 4. 

Jun muttered under his breathe incoherently as Aiba looked over at him he said

“Well Jun-Pon doesn’t think so”

The others in the room turned to look at Jun

“I’m just saying that if fans saw us as we looked, naturally.  Like without make-up, once or twice it wouldn’t be a big deal but when they see us in all of our imperfections.  They wouldn’t think the same way about us.” 

All the members looked at each other, then at Jun brooding and then to the floor. 

Sho glanced up as Anna powdered his face, he could see tears in her eyes.  “Anna-Chan?  Daijoubu?”

“Hai” she sniffed “It’s just that.. I don’t think that’s true Mastumoto-San” she said looking directly at Jun, he glanced up at her with a scowl

“What would you know about it? What about when Nino was dating?! Didn’t you fans sign a petition to have him break up with her?!  Fans don’t really care! They only want us to live to please their deranged fantasies! Nothing more!”

Anna couldn’t even see through the flood of tears pouring down her face, Jun walked up to her

“I’ll bet you were even one of those fans huh?” he challenged. 

The girls’ blood boiled at the mere implication of that sort of action,

“Matusmoto Jun-San hontoni baka desu!” she cried out through a sob “You don’t know how much it hurt to see people acting that way! Those people, those people that hurt you, they don’t deserve to be called fans.  Real fans, real fans love you and support you no matter what; even if it hurts them!  And it does sometimes! Do you know how hard it is to- to” she faltered

How hard it is to be in love with someone and yet know that they’ll probably never even know you exist?! Much less meet you in real life.  Do you know how hard it is then?!  These thoughts all raced in her mind as she could do nothing but silently sob

Anna felt a warm pair of arms surround her and she looked up to see Ohno holding her

“Shh, Anna-Chan.  Shh” she turned her head to lean against Ohno’s chest as she quitted her sobs. 

After a few minutes she turned around and noticed Jun had left the room, the other 4 looked at her with sad eyes.

“Anna-Chan.  Gomenosai, MatsuJun hasn’t been having a good week.  A lot of people have been hurting him...” Sho explained.

 “But that does not excuse his behavior” Nino stated firmly “So don’t worry we’ll get him to apologize properly” he said with his signature smile and thumbs up, causing the girl to faintly smile

“Arigatou” she whispered “Demo, his make-up?” 

Aiba laughed “He always prefers to do his own, so he did it in the car over here” 

Anna cocked her head to the side trying to decide how to ask this question “Matsumoto-San..  He isn’t gay is he?”  she asked hesitantly. 

The 4 of them broke out in a roar of laughter

“Oh my god no!” Aiba screeched “He just doesn’t trust anyone... in almost anything”  he added quietly

An assistant came up and poked their head through the door

“Arashi-San!  You’re up!” 

“NE Anna-Chan let’s exchange phone numbers ne?”  Aiba suddenly asked

“NANI?!?”

Nino snatched her phone up and quickly tapped in numbers, pretty soon all 4 of the guys phones had rung and they all had each other’s numbers. 

“So you better pick up ok?”  Nino and Aiba threatened “Or we’ll all bombard you!”  

The girl giggled “Hai, don’t worry I’ll answer”

After bidding each other goodbye Hibari waltzed in

“So how’d it go?” 

Anna smiled “It wasn’t perfect”

Hibari frowned

“But it was Arashi”

With that she wrapped her arms around her friend, took her hand swinging it the two walked down the hallway while Anna softly chanted

“You are my soul! Soul! Itsumo sugu soba ni aru, yuzurenai yo daremo jama dekinai.  Karadajuu ni kaze wo atsumete makiokose, A-ra-shi! A-ra-shi for dream!”