Chapter 1

Sunrises in Nippon

In case no one read the previous post, I have updated everything.  Name change, editing the format, the whole nine.  Might even change a few things.

So the girl who WAS Nadine, is now Anna.  It just got werall weird writing myself into my own story haha.

Please leave comments, criticism, subrscibe, anything!

Thank you all for sticking with me!

Photo Source

"Oh my gosh" Anna whispered repeatedly in admiration as she gazed around the airport.  The voice over the speaker greeted her.

"Welcome to Tokyo!"

"I'm in Japan" she thought to herself "It's finally happening"

She turned from the large glass windows and sat back down, reaching out to her duffle bag.  Rummaging through the bag for a snack her fingers felt something soft and fuzzy.  Pulling it out she recognized the Hello Kitty plush toy she had bought for her sister a few Christmas' ago.  Tied around its body with a bright pink ribbon was a piece of paper.  Opening it she read;

Dear Anna, I'm almost 7 and a big girl now. 

So, I want you to keep Kitty for me. 

She'll hug you when you're in Japan.

When you come home, remember to say tadaima like you always do.  I'll say Okaeri :)

I love you,

Jailyn.

Anna brushed tears away as she clutched the toy, trying to compose herself and ignore the biting feeling of sudden homesickness gnawing her inside.  Right then she heard her name being called

" Hill Anna-San?"  Slightly jumping she saw a young lady standing a few feet in front of her. 

"Hai...” she said hesitantly, unsure of whom this woman was or how she knew her name.  The woman bowed before introducing herself.

"Watanabe Hibari desu, Hajimemae.  I was sent from the offices of (The Japanese Fashion Magazine Nadine works for) to come pick you up."

"OH!" Anna smiled "Hai! Douzo yoroshiku!" She said bowing.

The two women left to retrieve Anna’s luggage and Hibari even offered to help her with some of it.  Walking to the parking lot they entered a taxi.  Hibari then began telling Anna where the offices were located and where her apartment was. The company had suggested areas based on accessibility to the office and Anna was thankful that the area she had chosen was central and close to anything she might need, not just work. 

After writing down Hibari's directions on how to get to work the women introduced themselves a little bit more.  Hibari worked in the Photography department as well but not as a photographer but in hair and make-up. 

"So we'll be seeing one another a lot" she smiled. 

"That's great! I actually took a cosmetology program myself.”

"-Ehh?!?! That's amazing!  You could help me out if I get too busy!  ..Uhmm, since you're new, well, you might not have much to do..." her voice trailed off, embarrassed by her words

Anna touched her shoulder "Daijoubu.  I didn't expect to walk in as a head photographer.  It's going to be a long hard road, but I am willing to give it my all."

"Ganbatta ne, Hill-San!"

"OH! Don't call me that!" Anna giggled "It sounds... weird...”

"Demo... What should I call you?"

After a minute of though Anna said "Call me Na-Chan"

"Na-Chan?"

"Hai" she said nodding "Oh! Are we here?" she asked as the car stopped

Getting out the taxi she looked up and smiled at her new apartment building it’s so pretty! It even reminds me of the apartment Sumire-Chan had in Kimi Wa Petto!

As the ladies carried Anna’s baggage upstairs they met the landlord, a good-natured old man about the age of 60.  He smiled at Anna and said

"OH! So you're the new tenant huh? And an American too! Haha Well there is a first time for everything"

After unloading the car, it left and Hibari asked Anna if she would like her to stay.

Smiling shyly she asked "Uhmm, are you sure you don't need to be doing something?"

"Iie! You need company anyway! But let's go get you some food!"

Taking her arm Hibari led her to the nearby supermarket, after buying what Anna felt was a week's worth of food the 2 returned home.  Hibari told Anna to finish unpacking as she started to cook.

"You must have a home-cooked meal in your new home, and not one made by yourself!" She said firmly to Anna’s protests.

Hibari stayed for about another hour after dinner, as she left she gave Anna her number "Don't hesitate to call me, and since tomorrow is Sunday I might just stop by ok?"

Anna nodded and bowed "Son'nani arigatou"

After walking Hibari out, Anna looked all over her apartment once more before collapsing into bed.