Chapter 6

One, two steps till the end.

The time she spend with Hyemi and  Beast vanished like nothing. It didn't even feel wrong spending time with them. It was like she spend her time with friends. Almost ...like a few years ago. The last however, wasn't a day she would spend with them. In the end, she didn't want to from the beginning. It was Yoseobs wish which was going to be fulfilled today, and she wouldn't spend her time there. Even though today ...Karaoke would have been a hell of a better option than this. 

“So you're saying there is no way out anymore?” Her gaze still lingered outside the window. The air conditioner aroused the illusion of coolness, but as soon as she was out of here, the hot, thick air of a merciless sunny day would hit her. Suddenly this was something she looked forward to. 

“I'm afraid not, Moon-ssi. You waited for to long. We could remove-”

“No!... No... it's fine... So how long did you say..?” Foolish tears made it to the corner of her eyes and she hated herself for that. Why did they come now? It wasn't like she didn't knew it from the beginning.

“At this rate.? ..Maybe two years... Maybe a little bit more... or a lot of less. But still! We could remove the most of the tumor and try to shrinken the-”

“As I said doctor... No. I don't want to.” Her gaze shifted as her cellphone made a beeping noise. Hyemi wasn't able to handle the strong characters of six grown up five year olds. Reading the message, she stood up. “I said it from the beginning. It's a part of me.” Vacantly she smiled at the doctor. “I'm going to take this one to my grave.” Bowing a little she inhaled deeply. “I guess we'll not see us anymore. It's written in stone.” Again she smiled at him, but this time, she was free. Sad and free. She had decided not to spend the last year of her life without doing what her heart has desired life long. “Have a good day.” With that she went out of the room.


She was running. It hurt like nothing before but she was running. She knew where they were, she knew that only Doojoon would help her. Would tell her what she needed to do. In the last two weeks a strange kind of friendship developed between them. It felt like she knew him all along.

With a smack the door flew against the wall and she bursted into the room, breathing heavily. All of the ones inside jumped at the sudden noise. Her foot dragged her towards him. Nothing needed to be done beside that. She knew it just for sure. Just one footstep away from him, she looked at Doojoon. A sting of desire in her serious gaze. “How do I sign up with Cube?”

“You're not going to do that!” He jumped up from his seat, crossing the distance with three long steps and took her by her shoulders. “You're not going to apply for this.” She didn't hold back the desire to slap him. Finally she had nothing that held her back. It left an impact. Startled he looked at her, while the others forgot their activities all over. “YOU!” She took a step towards him. “You are not the one who's going to decide this, Lee Kikwang! Just shut the hell up! What right do you think you have to give your opinion? You left me! You left me behind in this mess that was my life! You betrayed me and now, after all this time, you didn't have the ing courage to contact me, you think you could decide for me? You know nothing, so just be quiet!” There they where again. The tears.
It still stung. It still burned. Missing him still was the hardest thing she ever had to endure.

She turned back to Doojoon again. “Please... just... help me! I... ...” He looked at her, not sure what to feel. Was that the reason, why she agreed to show them around so freely. Did she just want to use him... But again she wasn't the type for things like this.

“Why,” he asked her, his voice damn near breaking.

She smiled. Without any humorous intend she smiled, like the world weights on her shoulder. “It's  just time.” 

Without noticing Hyemi began to cry. She would be left behind. The smile on ____ face told her. But still she made a noise, asking for another answer to come. ___ looked at her, slowly shaking her head. 
It was over.